• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why doesn't Microsoft not get that Gamepass isn't for everyone

MonarchJT

Banned
They have shown to be completely incapable of developing quality exclusives of their own that can rival Sony's. So they try to overcompensate with this gamepass thing and by buying everyone else out.
that's trueeee..call the police

Last edited:

anothertech

zzvcc5ox6qsy.jpg

Daymos

I have games I bought 10 years ago that I haven't started yet.. I'm sure glad I didn't have to pay 10 bucks a month for 10 years just to keep that game on my shelf.

Hanpan

Neo Member
For me, gamepass is very tempting however I havent turned my xbox on in a very long time. I am a parent of two little kids which leaves little to no free time. I play on my ps4 mostly as the games I want are there for now. I cannot justify to the misses a subscription which I will hardly utilize. That being said, gamepass is pushing me towards a Series S in addition to the PS5... which I was not considering before.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They are banking on 2 concepts that aren't proven to scale how they want them to:

- Gaming sub services
- Cloud streaming

Both are cool options.; but neither have proven to be some primary way people want to pay for and play games. Game sub services aren't brand new, and they can be lucrative.. recurring fee services in general are tempting for any business.

But MS seems to have convinced these 2 things are going to grow Xbox bigger than "consoles"; clearly selling the idea that Sony and Nintendo's meager 100+million or so customers they get when they have a good gen is small beans compared to what streaming + game subs will do.

Will they be right? Maybe.. but it's a pretty big maybe... and neither concept is brand new. Companies have been trying to get game streaming off the ground for a decade now, we all know how that has gone/is going (currently going nowhere fast). Multiple publishers have game sub services, and they are doing.. OK I guess? EA Play reported 6.5 million subs.. took 6 years to get there, and that service is cheap as fuck.. they have never mentioned numbers for EA Play Pro ($14.99) nor have Ubisoft mentioned numbers for their expensive Ubisoft+ service.

Last edited:
Looking at the rumoured roadmap of games coming out in the 2 years, still don't see any reason get game pass, or even a xbox, they need killer apps and fast.

Last edited:

devilNprada

Will they be right? Maybe.. but it's a pretty big maybe... and neither concept is brand new. Companies have been trying to get game streaming off the ground for a decade now, we all know how that has gone/is going (currently going nowhere fast). Multiple publishers have game sub services, and they are doing.. OK I guess? EA Play reported 6.5 million subs.. took 6 years to get there, and that service is cheap as fuck.. they have never mentioned numbers for EA Play Pro ($14.99) nor have Ubisoft mentioned numbers for their expensive Ubisoft+ service.
Really curious to see how Fortnite crew is doing...
That to me seems the worst deal in gaming, but some people will pay for it..

Top Bottom