• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Can't You Install Windows on an Xbox?

What kind of stupid question is THAT?

You might as well wonder why Apple has so many proprietary things. The hardware is sold at a discount, to make the money back on software. If you could install anything you want then Ms wouldn't see a cent.

Last edited:
HrDWgo0.png

Because it's a proprietary system. Kinda like asking why can't I install android on apple phones.
It's possible to get windows on xbox one, but it would have to be hacked and have some drivers made for it's hardware. Which is highly unlikely to happen.

Vawn

Banned
The same reason those rumors that Steam is coming to Xbox are absurd. It would only result in people outside of Microsoft using Xbox to make money at Microsoft's expense.

ethomaz

Banned
Because it is make business sense to MS.

- First you will won't be paying for a Windows copy.
- Second MS won't get 30% from anything you buy thought others stores .

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Now thats a stupid question for a youtube video

I hope he is not asking himself why the Volkswagen group doesnt sell all their cars under the Lamborghini label instead of having Audis and Skodas

Banned
I love how many post in here without understanding what the video is about.

WATCH THE FUCKING VIDEO! jesus christ...
THE VIDEO IS NOT ABOUT WHY MICROSOFT DOESN'T LET YOU INSTALL IT...

the video explains why you couldn't install Windows without a massive amount of modifications even if you would jailbreak the syetem.

the whole system is designed to specifically not run Windows.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
I love how many post in here without understanding what the video is about.

WATCH THE FUCKING VIDEO! jesus christ...
THE VIDEO IS NOT ABOUT WHY MICROSOFT DOESN'T LET YOU INSTALL IT...

the video explains why you couldn't install Windows without a massive amount of modifications even if you would jailbreak the syetem.

the whole system is designed to specifically not run Windows.
I don't think anyone cares because they have no interest in installing Windows onto the Xbox.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why does he always have to make a stupid face in all his videos thumbnails?

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
My big conspiracy theory is that in the future it might be possible.

Well not exactly that, but i can see Microsoft giving their Windows/Xbox OS to third parties so they can sell their own boxes with Xbox software, in order to create an ecosystem where finally Microsoft doesn't have to deal with hardware anymore.

Think about it, the jump from xCloud on Android/iOS to that is very close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom