• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why can't we have a Kyle Rittenhouse thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikbalCO

I am having a lot of problems understanding how this topic is political?
For someone who doesnt live in states, is not from states and hasn't been to state, i followed his trial pretty closely and it seemed like a pretty open and shut case.
Every evidence and every witness (even the prosecutors witness confirmed he draw his gun at kyle while he was on the ground) supported the fact that indeed he was protecting his life from a child molester and a convicted criminal who was chasing him down the street and trying to kill him.
Media manupilated and lied the whole time. Editting footage, hiding facts and creating a false narrative of what actually happened. They try to frame it as a racist crime while litteraly there were no black people involved
So why the hell are we not allowed to be happy that a 17 year old innocent kid is not going to prison for life because he wasnt murdered by a child rapist?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why can’t we have a thread about an incredibly politically charged court case on a forum that doesn’t allow politics, because it always turns into a shit show?

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Meh in any case, it was really entertaining to watch, better than some crimi tv show.

ikbalCO

Why can’t we have a thread about an incredibly politically charged court case on a forum that doesn’t allow politics, because it always turns into a shit show?

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Everything leading up to the verdict was indeed %100 political but i see his acquittal as a civil victory than a political one.
I honestly cant even believe there is a backlash from leftist media

Ionian

I am having a lot of problems understanding how this topic is political?
For someone who doesnt live in states, is not from states and hasn't been to state, i followed his trial pretty closely and it seemed like a pretty open and shut case.
Every evidence and every witness (even the prosecutors witness confirmed he draw his gun at kyle while he was on the ground) supported the fact that indeed he was protecting his life from a child molester and a convicted criminal who was chasing him down the street and trying to kill him.
Media manupilated and lied the whole time. Editting footage, hiding facts and creating a false narrative of what actually happened. They try to frame it as a racist crime while litteraly there were no black people involved
So why the hell are we not allowed to be happy that a 17 year old innocent kid is not going to prison for life because he wasnt murdered by a child rapist?

He crossed state lines with an illegal weapon and while it can be argued that it was self defence, the argument is that he was white and could walk up and pass a police line to surrender (without any getting shot) after shooting 3 people, 2 mortally and if he was black he never would have had a chance. He was still visibly armed.

Then you have what many considered leniency by the judge who apparently while within the law, could have taken a dimmer view on his murderous stupidity. It's undeniable he went looking for trouble and found it. Acted in self defense, got people killed because he's a complete and utter fuckwit.

Last edited:

NikuNashi

He crossed state lines with an illegal weapon

Incorrect, he crossed state lines, the weapon did not, it was given to him by a friend in the state. Can you at least get the facts correct before pushing misinformation onto people.

'whilst it can be argued it was self defence'. It WAS self defense, the judge and jury have given the verdict. He was attacked by guy with a loaded Glock pistol aimed at him running toward him (who admitted it in court).

Last edited:

ikbalCO

He crossed state lines with an illegal weapon and while it can be argued that it was self defence, the argument is that he was white and could walk up and pass a police line to surrender (without any getting shot) after shooting 3 people, 2 mortally and if he was black he never would have had a chance. He was still visibly armed.

Then you have what many considered leniency by the judge who apparently while within the law, could have taken a dimmer view on his murderous stupidity. It's undeniable he went looking for trouble and found it. Acted in self defense, got people killed because he's a complete and utter fuckwit.

You are saying crossed state lines as if he traveld from yerevan to istanbul. Isnt it a 20 minute drive from where he lives to kenosha?
Also i ofc see your point of how things would end up if he was a black man, but why would his individual case of self defense be considered a hate crime or act of racism due to usa's actual issues with racism?
Also while you are calling a 17 year old kid whos been through a tragic experience, a fuckwit, hope you know that rosenbaum was a convicted child molester, raped 5 kids age 6 to 12.

As someone pointed out, you don’t have the facts correct. Second, if you admit he acted in self defense, then it wasn’t Rittenhouse that “got people killed”. The aggressors got themselves killed, almost by definition. Their actions caused their deaths. Now you can discuss whether Rittenhouse should’ve been there at all. But everyone out that night was looking for trouble, and I actually think when the authorities refuse to protect an area from rioting, looting, and burning, the people that live there are within their rights to try and defend the place they live.

The lesson here is you cannot allow civilized society to break down like we did that summer. Otherwise, you put people in situations where they have to choose between watching their town get wrecked or putting themselves in danger. Not to mention, the riots in Kenosha were based on lies.

Ionian

You are saying crossed state lines as if he traveld from yerevan to istanbul. Isnt it a 20 minute drive from where he lives to kenosha?
Also i ofc see your point of how things would end up if he was a black man, but why would his individual case of self defense be considered a hate crime or act of racism due to usa's actual issues with racism?
Also while you are calling a 17 year old kid whos been through a tragic experience, a fuckwit, hope you know that rosenbaum was a convicted child molester, raped 5 kids age 6 to 12.

Oh I followed the case pretty closely from the start. Yes he was a fuckwit, firstly he had no license. He had someone else buy it and then crossed over.

Secondly he didn't know who those people where or their horrific historys at the time.

I'm not defending him in the slighest, I think it is a travesty and hope the possibility of another case against him is being very strongly considered. Nobody should be able to do what he did without penalty.

Ionian

As someone pointed out, you don’t have the facts correct. Second, if you admit he acted in self defense, then it wasn’t Rittenhouse that “got people killed”. The aggressors got themselves killed, almost by definition. Their actions caused their deaths. Now you can discuss whether Rittenhouse should’ve been there at all. But everyone out that night was looking for trouble, and I actually think when the authorities refuse to protect an area from rioting, looting, and burning, the people that live there are within their rights to try and defend the place they live.

The lesson here is you cannot allow civilized society to break down like we did that summer. Otherwise, you put people in situations where they have to choose between watching their town get wrecked or putting themselves in danger. Not to mention, the riots in Kenosha were based on lies.

Of course if it was just self dense, that was the argument put forward IN his defense. He walked into the situation, armed and no he didn't live there from my understanding. He shouldn't have

1) been there
2) been armed
3) walk through a raging mob.

ikbalCO

Oh I followed the case pretty closely from the start. Yes he was a fuckwit, firstly he had no license. He had someone else buy it and then crossed over.

Secondly he didn't know who those people where or their horrific historys at the time.

I'm not defending him in the slighest, I think it is a travesty and hope the possibility of another case against him is being very strongly considered. Nobody should be able to do what he did without penalty.
Nobody should defend themselves from attempted murder and go free?

You know he ran away from them right. While 3 men were chasing him and yelling they are going to kill him, he didnt shoot them in cold blood.

He ran away. He tried to escape.

I dont why people are overlooking this at all..

Ionian

I followed the case. HE didn't know who he wasn't shooting. This was discovered after the fact when investigated.

Could have the Pope or an Alien from outer space. He had no idea who they were or their past. Deny that all you like.

I followed the case. HE didn't know who he wasn't shooting. This was discovered after the fact when investigated.

Could have the Pope or an Alien from outer space. He had no idea who they were or their past. Deny that all you like.
He knew they were attacking him literally at the moment they were killed. That’s all that matters. The fact they were pieces of shit is just a fortunate coincidence. Of course them being pieces of shit also somewhat explains them attacking people on the street.

Last edited:

ikbalCO

Yes. You are right but i only brought up their past because they are being sanctified by the media right this moment.

He only knew they were chasing him through a dark alley, one of them trying to take his gun away, threatening to kill him, other hit his head with a skatebord while the 3rd one was drawing his gun to, probably shoot him dead.

Last edited:

Ionian

Nobody should defend themselves from attempted murder and go free?

You know he ran away from them right. While 3 men were chasing him and yelling they are going to kill him, he didnt shoot them in cold blood.

He ran away. He tried to escape.

I dont why people are overlooking this at all..

You're not getting this as I said I think he's an idiot.

- Unlicensed to have that weapon.
- Walks into a warzone with it visible.
- People go after him due to the visible weapon, he shoots them. Defense or not.

Him running away WITH THE WEAPON STILL AROUND HIS SHOULDER approaches safety with police.

He didn't deserve to get away with that in the slightest. That was pure provacation on his part to walk into a rioting mob like Rambo.

You’re allowed to carry a weapon to defend yourself, it was never proven in a court of law that he brandished (pointed it at someone) it. If he was going there looking for trouble he wouldn’t have put out fires, or carried a medkit, or given his bulletproof vest to his friend that night. Your last sentence is wrong, someone absolutely should be able to defend themselves with deadly force and walk free.

Methos#1975

Of course if it was just self dense, that was the argument put forward IN his defense. He walked into the situation, armed and no he didn't live there from my understanding. He shouldn't have

1) been there
2) been armed
3) walk through a raging mob.
One, he isn't going to trial again. That would be double jeopardy and thus illegal. This matter is over.

On the other three points. This is America where one has the right to free travel. There is absolutely no legal condition in which he could not be there. You don't get to decide where he should of been. He was legally armed. Once again, it's not your place to say rather he should of been or not. His being there should not of provoked a violent reaction from members of a mob. That was their choice to be provoked by him since it a as established he didn't intentional provoke anyone and they paid the price for that. He was entirely within his rights to defend himself. His being armed, knowlying in a area where violence towards him was probable, etc doesn't suddenly rob him of his basic right to self defense.

Last edited:

Ionian

You’re allowed to carry a weapon to defend yourself, it was never proven in a court of law that he brandished (pointed it at someone) it. If he was going there looking for trouble he wouldn’t have put out fires, or carried a medkit, or given his bulletproof vest to his friend that night. Your last sentence is wrong, someone absolutely should be able to defend themselves with deadly force and walk free.

Read the last sentence of what you quoted again please.

ikbalCO

- People go after him due to the visible weapon, he shoots them. Defense or not.

Him running away WITH THE WEAPON STILL AROUND HIS SHOULDER approaches safety with police.

He didn't deserve to get away with that in the slightest. That was pure provacation on his part to walk into a rioting mob like Rambo.
You calling kenosha a warzone pretty much sums why he was there with an army weapon.

Last edited:

A war zone? It was a fucking town in the middle of the United States. This isn’t fucking Bosnia. Why was it a “warzone”? Where were the actual authorities to get shit under control? Up the street watching a town burn? Well then you put people in a position where they feel like it is up to them to defend the place they live. The state doesn’t get to abdicate their responsibility for public safety and then punish people who take that responsibility upon themselves.

Ionian

One, he isn't going to trial again. That would be double jeopardy and thus illegal. This matter is over.

On the other three points. This is America where one has the right to free travel. There is absolutely no legal condition in which he could not be there. You don't get to decide where he should of been. He was legally armed. Once again, it's not your place to say rather he should of been or not. His being there should not of provoked a violent reaction from members of a mob. That was their choice to be provoked by him since it a as established he didn't intentional provoke anyone and they paid the price for that. He was entirely within his rights to defend himself. His being armed, knowlying in a area where violence towards him was probable, etc doesn't suddenly rob him of his basic right to self defense.

I don't care where he goes, my point is he knew full well what he was doing and there is an argument for provacation. He didn't need to be there. He wanted to play Rambo.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I don't care where he goes, my point is he knew full well what he was doing and there is an argument for provacation. He didn't need to be there. He wanted to play Rambo.

Why not? He had every right to be there. Just like any other person. He was also asked to be there and protect property by one of the owners.

I never seen a Rambo movie where Rambo runs around with fire extinguisher and med kit helping people. Send me a link to IMDB, it might be an interesting watch.

Ionian

Why not? He had every right to be there. Just like any other person. He was also asked to be there and protect property by one of the owners.

I never seen a Rambo movie where Rambo runs around with fire extinguisher and med kit helping people. Send me a link to IMDB, it might be an interesting watch.

Sure, here you go;

I followed the newss until it dropped off and then watched the sentencing.
What? You didn’t watch the actual trial? You’re doing an awful lot of talking for someone who literally knows nothing. Every position you’ve taken has been wrong. The unlicensed gun, the state lines nonsense, the Rambo stuff. Maybe you need to shut up and realize you are misinformed. People who have been paying attention keep having to correct you.

Ionian

What? You didn’t watch the actual trial? You’re doing an awful lot of talking for someone who literally knows nothing. Every position you’ve taken has been wrong. The unlicensed gun, the state lines nonsense, the Rambo stuff. Maybe you need to shut up and realize you are misinformed. People who have been paying attention keep having to correct you.

RELAX. There's only so much I could keep up with princess. Much like these notifications, was poli-gaf really this bad?

I was basing on the news reporting at the time and then when it became news again that came to my attention.

I haven't changed my stance in one single bit of what I said, not that it matters anyway. I'm not the one getting my knickers in a twist over it. ;)

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
It's all racist, thats why! You filthy racist!

Even typing this with my white hand feels racist. How dare you, hand.

..But seriously, and I say this as someone from the UK who has been watching it all, from both sides, how.. are these democrats allowed to be as disgusting as they are? All that 'white tears' bullshit, the constant race baiting, how is this even legal? How are these people still in the position they are? How can these left news shows air this shit?

What in the actual fuck man? It's truly terrible :messenger_neutral:

People like this over there? Thats worrying..

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
RELAX. There's only so much I could keep up with princess. Much like these notifications, was poli-gaf really this bad?

I was basing on the news reporting at the time and then when it became news again that came to my attention.

I haven't changed my stance in one single bit of what I said, not that it matters anyway. I'm not the one getting my knickers in a twist over it. ;)
Your first post was basically pretending to know everything about the trial, only to get called out for being completely wrong about everything you typed. And now you're implying you didn't keep up with everything.

Retarded is a word to describe people like you.

ikbalCO

It's all racist, thats why! You filthy racist!

Even typing this with my white hand feels racist. How dare you, hand.

..But seriously, and I say this as someone from the UK who has been watching it all, from both sides, how.. are these democrats allowed to be as disgusting as they are? All that 'white tears' bullshit, the constant race baiting, how is this even legal? How are these people still in the position they are? How can these left news shows air this shit?

What in the actual fuck man? It's truly terrible :messenger_neutral:

People like this over there? Thats worrying..
I whole heartedly agree to this.
As someone who is rooting for usa against china and growing number of autocratical regimes it just feels bad to see there are huge amount of people that act against their own country and individual freedom in every possible way .
They'll end up destroying each other and we'll end up with china as the most powerful country.

Last edited:

Ionian

Your first post was basically pretending to know everything about the trial, only to get called out for being completely wrong about everything you typed. And now you're implying you didn't keep up with everything.

Retarded is a word to describe people like you.

I didn't pretend shit, that what was being reported the last timem I had looked before the verdict. How could I keep up with everything? Mistakes can happen naturally.

I didn't claim to be an authority on the subject.

Ionian

I whole heartedly agree to this.
As someone who is rooting for usa against china and growing number of autocratical regimes it just feels bad to see there are huge amount of people that act against their own country and individual freedom in every possible way .
They'll end up destroying each other and we'll end up china as the most powerful country.

Oh China seems to be a given, then again they advance and slip back.

Each time less though.

ikbalCO

I didn't pretend shit, that what was being reported the last timem I had looked before the verdict. How could I keep up with everything? Mistakes can happen naturally.

Well, i guess it is time for you to blame fake news media huh?

You made a lot of authoritative claims though, which is weird for a guy who now admits he wasn’t paying attention. It’s not the end of the world, but it makes you look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom