• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are the PS5 charging stations all out of stock?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yeah getting the official Sony charger is hard unless you want to pay scalpers (lol). I ended up buying a Venom station. It's cheaper, installing the controller is super easy and it gets the job done. My only complaint is that you have to charge through USB. My PS4 docking station (also a non-Sony one) has an AC adaptor and it charges the controllers very quickly.

Last edited:

Rayderism

This is the ONLY charging base I will even consider for DS5's:

All other chargers suck and can wear out the port with all that plugging and unplugging over the years. I use the DS3 and DS4 versions of the Nyko charger and they are great. That little dongle you plug into the controller makes charging them a simple drop-and-charge affair......no fiddling to get it to plug into the charging port, and greatly reduced (like virtually eliminated) controller port wear.

Shmunter

This is the ONLY charging base I will even consider for DS5's:

All other chargers suck and can wear out the port with all that plugging and unplugging over the years. I use the DS3 and DS4 versions of the Nyko charger and they are great. That little dongle you plug into the controller makes charging them a simple drop-and-charge affair......no fiddling to get it to plug into the charging port, and greatly reduced (like virtually eliminated) controller port wear.
Odd setup needing an adaptor into the USB port. Wonder why it doesn’t just charge via the expansion points like the original or some of the eBay ones like I got...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
You really don't need them. Just buy any slow (better be slow, but fast will work) charger or use your older USB-C chargers. I use that instead for both the headset and the controllers. Had the charging station and it died within 3 weeks.

My brother in law is an electrician, he has to delay contracts because there are parts that aren't always available (breakers, etc.).

But in that case maybe they just didn't make that many to begin with.

Allow me to explain: Chinese factories are up and running. However getting stuff from China to where you are is not. Flights are cancelled: electronics are often shipped via air. In passenger plane bellies.
The Chinese in their wisdom did invest in railway- they have trains literally running from Shanghai all the way to Rotterdam- but capacity is limited.

Top Bottom