• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are green olives not offered as a topping anymore?

Blade2.0

I remember getting sub sandwiches with green and black olives. pizzas with green and black olives. I once even had a green olive and anchovy pizza (I almost died from dehydration, but the salty goodness was there). What happened to my little green salt bombs and why can't i get them on a sandwich anymore? :(

This is why 44% of teenagers are depressed.

Last edited:

Quasicat

For a while they were not available around here, and then all of a sudden you can get them anywhere they serve pizza. That was a sad a few years when you could not get any.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
it's always confused me that most Americans don't seem to like olives. I think fresh olives are hard to come by here and most people associate olives with that flavorless soggy shit that sits in a tin can for years. yuk

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Clearly you aren’t Portuguese/Spanish/Italian.
I think the reason is due to how they are stored, uses a lot of salt!

that’s not what I’ve heard ;)

I say we have to settle this right now! Someone get a ruler

winner gets a one year supply of olives !!!
Nope, seems I'm 100% Nordic European now, killed my dad's spirit. Already told in the ruler tape thread to get a Stanley for a good measure. Please, these latins countries have a pro foreskin way of life. This is against my values.

You can get all the olives you want. It's all loser food.

Yeah, got paid for that.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Clearly you aren’t Portuguese/Spanish/Italian.
I think the reason is due to how they are stored, uses a lot of salt!

that’s not what I’ve heard ;)

I say we have to settle this right now! Someone get a ruler

winner gets a one year supply of olives !!!
I'm in the states and don't see it as an option much at all anymore. Makes me sad

Dural

They still come on the Supreme at my local pizza joints, big fan of stuffed green olives. Taco Bell though, I remember when they served black olives with their food.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love olives. I’d have a small bowl just to add olives to my meal. I don’t understand the olive hate. I buy those Cosco size bottles whenever I can. I’d eat a bowl now if I had any. I’m a big antipasti type person with artichokes, olives, dried tomatoes, etc.

I use to order my pizza with sardines until I stopped eating meat. Now all I want for the holidays is a charcuterie board filled with olives. Perhaps it’s the salty flavor? My taste in Korean bean pastes and soy sauces has me watch how much sodium I consume.

The_hunter

olives are awful but the oil is great.
Fuck olives!
Because unless they are served with alcohol, they are straight trash.

detector heresy GIF

Zeroing

Banned
Nope, seems I'm 100% Nordic European now, killed my dad's spirit. Already told in the ruler tape thread to get a Stanley for a good measure. Please, these latins countries have a pro foreskin way of life. This is against my values.

You can get all the olives you want. It's all loser food.

Yeah, got paid for that.
Wait, there's a how long is your penis thread? what more fun am I missing? Foreskins... do not even get me started talking about it, that is for another tread about how everyone tried to make boys not feel much pleasure while masturbating...

Ionian

Olives are brilliant, I remember when in Sicily my Girlfriend had a tree outside her window. Pop open the window and eat. They where black ones though.

Green ones are fine too, I really don't see the difference. Just taste milder unless stuffed.

Pro-tip, fresh off the tree, still taste like vinegar. Out of a jar, well they're in vinegar.

Now I need a jar of mixed olives. Screw you OP!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
It's a regional thing. Did you move to a different state?
You'll just about never see green olives as a topping in California, but they're common in Arizona and you'll find them occasionally in Utah, for instance. Where you live determines how often you'll see them.

Blade2.0

It's a regional thing. Did you move to a different state?
You'll just about never see green olives as a topping in California, but they're common in Arizona and you'll find them occasionally in Utah, for instance. Where you live determines how often you'll see them.
Well that just makes me hate Alabama even more than I already do. 🤬🤬

Melon Husk

So you can die faster from excess of volatile single-bond fatty acid chains, that's why.
edit: I love olives but I rinse the brine off first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom