• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whoever says 343i isn't talented aren't really looking at the entire picture...

Starfield

Yes the demo of Halo Infinite looked rough, I won't deny that...however to say that 343i are "untalented hacks" is a very poor thing to say.
For the ones who have been paying close attention to the development of the Halo Master Chief Collection for PC (and console) its just amazing what they have done since the launch of Halo Reach on PC.

They are constantly bringing out GREAT upgrades to imo the best value package that you can get on Steam currently. They are just doing so much stuff for this game, its amazing. They're not just adding the old content, they are deliberatily bringing a NEW experience to the way these old games were played.

From never seen FOV sliders in a Halo game to higher refresh rates right up to whole new content updates (Halo Reach: massive amounts of new forge objects and vehicles to use, Halo CE: multiplayer weapon and vehicle skins along with more armour customizations, Halo 3: new forge objects, a new skull to use in the campaign where you have a jet pack, the ability to disable certain sounds in campaign to...for example play the story without music ---> yes, thats horrible but it shines a new light on certain ingame cutscenes, its really weird).

...and there's more!

In the next update, the one where ODST is coming out they also going to bring ODST's exclusive weapons, like the pistol or the silenced SMG to Halo 3: MP!
oW1Fz56.jpg

along with a new season to unlock Skins for Halo 3 weapons (you can turn them off in settings if you don't like them btw).

It's not just that. They are also trying to fix old bugs that Bungie left behind, like the poor hit registration of Halo 3.

I know this doesn't really have much to do with Halo Infinite but if they are giving the same respect and determination towards Infinite like they are doing for MCC then I have no doubt that this is gonna be an amazing Halo experience for the years to come!

What do you think?

Starfield

Releasing at a sorry state and then fixing isn't the way to go. And how much it can be improved depends on how good of a base it has. Look at anthem.
Why was it at a sorry state? The only problem it had was the audio issues in the campaign of Halo Reach. Everything else ran smooth and fine.

I'm not talking about the initial release of MCC in 2014. I am talking about the PC version.

Starfield

I don't really know what to say. We all saw the Halo demo.
Yeah...I've already adressed that I wasn't impressed with the visuals either, but I'm not a graphics whore, atleast not for games where I focus on the gameplay.

I have a decent PC but play games like csgo on 1280x720 rez with everything on low, along with a 240hz monitor, mechanical keyboard and low sensitivity to get the small % advantage that sometimes makes a big difference.

There's games for me where I wanna have the best fidelity possible (Metro: Exodus as an example) and theres games where I wanna have great performance (csgo, Halo, etc..)

nush

Gold Member
Why was it at a sorry state? The only problem it had was the audio issues in the campaign of Halo Reach. Everything else ran smooth and fine.

I'm not talking about the initial release of MCC in 2014. I am talking about the PC version.

DcwwBXh.jpg

343i are a great developer for adding some skins and guns to a 6 year old game and some basic PC centric QOL features?

Your bar for a great developer is very very low.

Drewpee

Banned
This thread wont go as you may expect

Edit: some mod please change OP’s name to Halo

I've noticed this comment in too many Halo threads. You set the thread up for failure with this comment because it set the tone of responses. Too many people will just copy your opinion using their own words because noone likes to think for themselves. I see the behavior on here and sites like Facebook constantly.

You guys should be glad I am not on the Xbox team, I would shill this site non stop lol the hatred for anything Xbox is ridiculous these days.

Kerotan

At present I'd put Halo on par with Anthem. The real talent is at bungie and luckily for you expect fans D2 is available with years more of expansions on the way.

nush

Gold Member
I've noticed this comment in too many Halo threads. You set the thread up for failure

let me demonstrate to you as someone who can think for themselves how the OP set up this thread for failure...

Orp2KpA.png

So we're going to look at the entire picture? Right?

epRHkLz.png

No, no not the entire history, just the PC version.

OqD7Tmx.png

I'm going to ignore the the console launch version while I look at the "Entire picture".

kCDSUtb.png

The entire picture DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CONSOLE VERSIONS!!ONE1. (Also single player was buggy as fuck and crashed regularly even after multiple updates)

Starfield

let me demonstrate to you as someone who can think for themselves how the OP set up this thread for failure...

Orp2KpA.png

So we're going to look at the entire picture? Right?

epRHkLz.png

No, no not the entire history, just the PC version.

OqD7Tmx.png

I'm going to ignore the the console launch version while I look at the "Entire picture".

kCDSUtb.png

The entire picture DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CONSOLE VERSIONS!!ONE1. (Also single player was buggy as fuck and crashed regularly even after multiple updates)
Who tf uses the white version of neogaf lol

also Idfk what you mean, the singpleplayer ran fine on xbox one but maybe im just not a big crybaby like some people are.

VN1X

Banned
Oh my god another Halo thread. We HaloGAF now bois!

EDIT: maybe we should segragate the Americans from the rest of us and create AmeriGAF so they can talk about Halo all day long while us sensible people discuss real quality games like Animal Crossing, Rogue Company and Hunt Showdown. Thanks. :messenger_ok:

Last edited:
Obviously the PC version of MCC has been pretty smooth considering the Xbox One version was effectively a beta for about a year with bugs & borderline broken multiplayer :messenger_expressionless:

Yes a very talented triple A development team. Being given the biggest budget ever to produce a game for the next gen but managed to produce an Xbox 360 title that runs in 4k.

Budget went to muh diversity I guess.

Stop lying to yourself dude. 343 is a damn mess of a development team that have no roots with Halo aside from the name. The series has been a lost cause for awhile.

MCC has like 6 or 7 studios under it's belt including 343. Who knows what specifics when to whom. If the ongoing framework is to be suggest 343 likely were the team that broke it. If they held the head of development on it then they can easily be blamed for the mismanagement poor communication on it.

Last edited:
Hmm let's see I bough Halo MCC on Steam in November - it released on PC years after Xbox One version with 1 playable game out of 6 - now it's August and the whole collection isn't finished yet.

Technically at least they are good this time.

Original release in 2014 was a unprecedented mess

Halos 343 did on their own tend to be disliked by Halo fans on here and era from what I see.

Halo Infinite is mess few months before launch.

So yes everything points to 343 being software manufacture without much talent - they can get job painfully done if you give them time to fix their own mess but they don't have people to make new entries to Microsoft most important IP

Also Microsoft selling MCC for 40 euro is not related to 343 quality since they have not much to talk in that matter.
But yes it was deal so good even I jumped in when I rarelly buy any software day one

DaGwaphics

I think people looked at the entire picture. That was the problem... :messenger_grimmacing_

Jokes aside, it could be a very fun game to play. I expect some kind of crazy multi-player, there has to be something that required the geometry to be the way it is.

the_master

So they are updating some game ports that are not yet finished?

I am sure that 343i are full of talented peiple, like every major videogame studio, but the mcc is not an example of greatness.

They need to prove themselves as a studio with Infinite. I hope they do great, but so far the game needs one or 2 more years in

Top Bottom