• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will be developing the other Silent Hill titles in the pipeline?

ParaSeoul

For those few who missed it,images of a new Silent Hill game were leaked,from the nature of those images its a safe guess to say that is most likely the Western developed title and probably Bloober Team. But since 2020 the rumors and reports have mentioned multiple Silent Hill titles and that has been consistent in almost every site's coverage of this situation. One of those is apparently a "prominent Japanese studio". So who would you say fits that bill?

emivita

Blue Box Omg GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Limba

Banned
Kojima Productions
Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer. That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous, who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Last edited:

radewagon

I think the real answer here is that everyone is making Silent Hill. All Playstation devs are currently working on their own version of Silent Hill and they will be released all on the same day. After beating one of them, it will reveal that you must beat all of them on a single console to unlock something special because they are, in fact, all a red herring. Once you beat them all on your console it will unlock access to a secret download filled with 1,999 (the year of SH's original release) mysterious puzzles. Once solving the last puzzle, you will be given access to a trailer of the release date for Silent Hill5. The trailer will not include gameplay or imagery and the release date will be expressed via morse code. At some point following release, Guillermo Del Toro will mention, via twitter, something that may possibly rhyme with Silent Hill and Kojima will retweet it for good measure.

EDIT: Norman Reedus will give an interview following the tweets where he posits that perhaps, the real Silent Hill5 is the friends we made along the way.

Last edited:

Kdad

Fully designed and produced by AI, headed up by CGI Hasan.

#teamreal

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why couldn't Konami do it themselves?

I mean as of 2020 (according to wikipedia at least) they had nearly 2000 employees at KDE.

Bethesda is my top pick, after seeing the amazing job they did on The Evil Within 2 some 5 years ago. And while I liked the first title too, the sequel with you trapped in STEM was just like being back in Silent Hill, but it had open world gameplay. Even these newer RE games feel pretty basic in comparison. Most of the time, you are just running around in places with unreachable areas.

I swear, those games are so unappreciated. Some of the enemies like Laura and the Keeper totally remind you of the creature designs of Pyramid Head and the other bosses throughout the series. So Bethesda getting their hands on the franchise would be a dream come true. They could really do it justice.

Meanwhile, please don't wake me. :D

Top Bottom