• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who the hell actually plays Roblox?

Do you play Roblox?

• Yes, of course I play Roblox.

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • I have never played it.

Votes: 146 58.6%
  • I don't even know what it is.

Votes: 87 34.9%

• Total voters

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My kid loves it. Some random player put a large donut in front of her camp site one day and my step daughter was raging at the screen. She was screaming from the bottom of her lungs, “move that stupid donut!”. She was furious. I had never seen her that mad before.

I block all open communication. I feel like it’s so accessible that it is probably a breeding ground for pedophiles and child grooming. You can easily install the app on your phone too. These are simulated worlds where kids have their own houses.

As far as I can tell, every kid under the age of about 12 plays it. There's basically a roblox "version" of every game you can think of...fortnite, GTA, tower defense, tycoon games, open world survival, etc. I will play to share an experience with my 8 year old. Some of the games can be surprisingly fun.

Last edited:
I'm buying stock when it goes public, I see that as the next logical step or just being bought outright by Microsoft
There is a direct relationship between the revenue earnings potential of roblox and the number of kids still going to school from home. While I dont think roblox is going anywhere, I expect the party will be over in the fall.

Last edited:

dezzy8

I have a young cousin who is like 10 years old. All she does is play roblox with her friends. It’s definitely kids playing.

Teens are kids, teens love rappers.

tenor.gif
Teens are teens, not kids. But I guess you define anyone from 17 years, 364 days old an under as a kid.

yurinka

You think the kids play Nintendo games because when you were a kid you played Nintendo games, but the kids mostly play Roblox, Fortnite, Minecraft and mobile games. A ton of millions of them play Roblox.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
It's super popular with kids. My nieces adore it. My cousins grew up on it.

I don't get it but I'm sure our parents didn't understand half the shit we were into

That game is full of fucking pedophiles, my daughter use to play on it several years back and I was watching her play ones of the times and the amount of people talking to her about inappropriate shit was astounding, that was the last time she ever touched that game. It is just a breeding ground for those types of people...

It got 164 million active users and the only people I ever hear talk about it is weird 8-year-old girls that haven't discovered The Sims yet.

Where do all these people come from? how is this bigger than LOL and WOW yet no one seems to ever talk about it? I know there are some Asian games and mobile games that have massive audiences, but this is supposed to be Western-centric and on the scale of Minecraft in terms of popularity.
Kids that are too young to be on forums. Then by the time they are old enough to find forums they’ve typically outgrown Roblox and moved onto Minecraft and live there forever.

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
It got 164 million active users and the only people I ever hear talk about it is weird 8-year-old girls that haven't discovered The Sims yet.

Where do all these people come from? how is this bigger than LOL and WOW yet no one seems to ever talk about it? I know there are some Asian games and mobile games that have massive audiences, but this is supposed to be Western-centric and on the scale of Minecraft in terms of popularity.
U have any kids op?

Neolombax

Kids. Its like a kid version of GTA? Is this accurate?

My son has yet to discover Roblox...I'm happy leaving it that way for now.

MrMephistoX

My daughter gutted me with this :( our little pug passed away over the summer. She made it on the wall of her mansion in Adopt Me on Roblox which is kind of like Animal crossing with pets?
cHsqMel.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc2049

My daughter plays Roblox all the time with her friends and family members around her age. Roblox is like a virtual world and there is every genre of game you could think of in it. I've seen her play platformers, racing games, action dungeon crawlers, survival horror, etc. I've seen her in virtual neighborhoods and cities, pageant shows, talent shows and even playing bingo one time. Roblox is our virtual future. 😂

Kids. Its like a kid version of GTA? Is this accurate?
Its basically a front end for thousands of games. Creators make games using the roblox engine/system. There's a currency called robux that the creators can use to sell things in their games and monetize. There are GTA copies, but among the thousands of games available there are basically copies of every game and style you can think of.

In my experience, the method of play is a bunch of 8 year olds on a group facetime call playing a game and screaming. They tend to go from one game to another every 3 or 4 days.

I play sometimes to share an experience with my 8yo...it's amazing how everlasting the comedy is from calling a parent a "noob". The quality of the games is very mixed, some are just mind-numbingly dull, but some designers have managed to create games that can be surprisingly fun to play with someone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom