• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who tested the new PS5 model better?

Who tested the new PS5 better?

• Total voters
So now that we have three different sources for the testing of the new PS5 model it's time to discuss which one did it better.

Now this discussion is about who tested the new hardware better not about any Doxing or harassment that that the 4 may have received. So please keep that out of this discussion as it really isn't relevant.

Austin's video was never intended to be an exhaustive evaluation. He showed the first look at the new cooler and gave his opinion based on what he and Jimmy saw. Gamers Nexus and DF do give exhaustive reviews so the channels aren't doing the same thing. This comparison doesn't really make any sense.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
i voted as a joke and to upset people like you :p

MtZ9N.gif

Austin's video was never intended to be an exhaustive evaluation. He showed the first look at the new cooler and gave his opinion based on what he and Jimmy saw. Gamers Nexus and DF do give exhaustive reviews so the channels aren't doing the same thing. This comparison doesn't really make any sense.
Ladies and Gentlemen, and here I present you the first vote for Austin Evans!

eddie murphy laughing GIF

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I will tell you what is the best PS5.

its the one in my home with a delta fan and zero noise coming from it.

Oh and ill never trade the old model for a new one. not interested in a PS5 where the fan will kick in to higher gear next year when heavy games start to hit just to keep the new ps5 CPU temp from throttling.

Ill take those 5 degrees thank you.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This has really triggered some people hasn’t it? Yeah, they’ve removed a shit load of copper for their profit margins. Will it make a difference long term? Maybe not. As long as the noise level is relatively quiet and never breaches anything close to PS4/Pro levels I don’t give a shit.

anthony2690

Banned
People are still going on about this rubbish?
Just play the damn games on your machine rather than worrying about YouTubers checking the temperature off the damn thing.

Jeez

This comparison doesn't really make any sense.

Pretty simple. Austin did some testing and so did Hardware Busters and so did Digital Foundry and Gamers Nexus. Therefore we can evaluate each testing method and determine which was was the best. Some publications decide to go the extra mile with their testing while others only do the most basic level of testing. This poll was created to determine who did it the best.

ZywyPL

Banned
DF because at the end of the day it's all about how the hames run, and if there's no noticeable noise difference as well then there's nothing to talk about.

The whole drama was blown out of proportion, but only because PS fanboys felt someone is yet again attacking their beloved plastic box, and not only that, but gets money directly from MS for doing so!

Evans screwed up but he wasn't that much wrong, the old model was better, it has bigger cooling for the same price, Sony made changes/savings to make the console more profitable, they did it for no one but themselves.

But hey, there are people who defend Apple for not including a charger while keeping or even increasing the price, so nothing will surprise me.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Pretty simple. Austin did some testing and so did Hardware Busters and so did Digital Foundry and Gamers Nexus. Therefore we can evaluate each testing method and determine which was was the best. Some publications decide to go the extra mile with their testing while others only do the most basic level of testing. This poll was created to determine who did it the best.
No he is right (for once).One of them licked his finger to feel the air and started to bullshit as much as possible and the other 2 did proper testing.So not really comparable.

GN were the most thorough, but Hardware Busters did a good job too. A very credible effort for a channel I'd not heard of before.

I was especially impressed with how Hardware Busters reacted to the criticism. It was neat that they released another video to address that criticism by doing additional testing.

I only left my PS5 on for a few minutes, but after zero reverse Sony sent the meklords to kill all the PlayStation users in the area for overheating their consoles

Man like 5 people will get that joke.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Not that I'm aware of.

His second video pretty much covers his response to the initial feedback.

Yesh, he stuck to his guns in that video.
But now its clear that he made a mistake. I dont really care, but I think it would be a good idea for him to do another video with more testing or at least aknoledge gamer nexus's results.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What Austin did was perfectly fine.
He opened the consoles, compared the new parts. PERFECT.
He even measured the exhaust temp.

BUT THEM HE RUINED everything by assuming completely nonsense conclusion that hotter exhaust = hotter consoles... it is completely the other way around lol.

Gamer Nexus on the other hand. He is going too in depth. It serves no purpose other than flexing. Putting a thermal probe between heatsink and a chip also is not perfect as it is measuring both sides.

Yesh, he stuck to his guns in that video.
But now its clear that he made a mistake. I dont really care, but I think it would be a good idea for him to do another video with more testing or at least aknoledge gamer nexus's results.

It all depends on if he feels like he has to apologize to something.

🤷‍♂️

For comparison sake Hardware Busters responded to the criticism by doing additional testing.

Top Bottom