• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who let butbutbuthurt fanboys to become coward mods here hiding behind "Mod Team"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow I liked sublimit sublimit

That being said, the opening post of this thread is... pretty embarrassing. Posting a link to an old thread and an emoji (in a thread about the opposite) is straight up drive-by shitposting. OP wasn't banned for that post, just had the post deleted. OP got banned because they came here and whined about it instead of taking the L and moving on about his business. I mean, there's a "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page so even if he didn't feel like he could get ahold of the moderator that did it, he always had the option to air his grievance in private. Just chose not to. RIP

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Wow I liked sublimit sublimit

That being said, the opening post of this thread is... pretty embarrassing. Posting a link to an old thread and an emoji (in a thread about the opposite) is straight up drive-by shitposting. OP wasn't banned for that post, just had the post deleted. OP got banned because they came here and whined about it instead of taking the L and moving on about his business. I mean, there's a "Contact Us" button at the bottom of every page so even if he didn't feel like he could get ahold of the moderator that did it, he always had the option to air his grievance in private. Just chose not to. RIP
OP isn't banned yet that I can see. Kind of amazing and quite frankly goes against the argument of "over-moderation". Seems he/she is being given many chances.

Aion002

P.s. i proudly use the light theme, fight me you dark cunts:messenger_kissing_smiling:
Animated GIF

Also... sublimit sublimit ...

x-men goodbye GIF

Loope

I think he just got triggered by the snarky little comments mods leave. Some poeple dont like being antagonized especially when their posts are calm/rational.

Him pointing out Phil is painting a different picture of their Japan strategy is quite normal. Microsoft bascially doesnt exist there. Sony is just making a slight dent. Anyone talking about those issues are extremely valid. Just like Sony finally restructured Studio Japan. By removing team silent leadership. Moving 3rd party support from Studio Japan into XDev Japan. And moving most of the team into Team Asobi. The team has been a financial failure for years. People talk about this all the time. This might be concern for gamers looking forward to more Japanese first party games.

I personally would never buy an xbox for me. There is literally nothing that can change my mind. This does not make me a fanboy. These opinions shouldnt be an issue. I will keep stating these opinions.
That's like one of the main issues though... You have your opinion and it's completely fine, as long as you can take other people's opinions too. The poster in question, just doesn't. He like to talk shit about MS every chance he gets and that's ok, but when the tables turn he gets all worked up, specially if you talk bad about a Sony exclusive for example.

There are a lot of people on that ban list like that. For example, many of them throw the word shilling and astroturfing around like it is nothing. It's just ridiculous and those are somewhat serious accusations, depending on who you accusing. If you say Halo is not good or Gears, or Uncharted or TLOU or Zelda etc. etc. that's your opinion and there's nothing wrong with it. I don't like any of the games i mentioned, but i will not shit on them because i know they're good solid games, just not for me.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Remember the wise words of Al Budny in the Bundy's England episode,

"Can I get a hearty WHOA WOMEN. I DON'T LIKE 'EM!!!"

Last edited:

Neff

Sure some warring is annoying, but there is a very thin line between warring, criticism and joking

Not really. Zealously and childishly cheerleading for one team while ignoring its faults, then going on to enjoy the failures of rival teams/dismissing their successes is always a handy differentiator between objective criticism and blinkered fan worship.

Everything else should be a go. Let us talk shit.

No. Console warring is tiresome, petty, and accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:
Returnal isnt an Indie game because Housemarque is owned by Sony.
Calling a game a failure is subject to developer/publisher expectations.....one dev might only need 1 million sales to call their game successful COD selling 1 million would be a failure.
You can think Halo is gonna suck but atleast give your reasons....if you just say I think its gonna suck willy nilly esp in a Halo or Xbox thread you are clearly just trying to cause drama.....expect a warning
So not sure why you are shocked.
Housemarque wasn't owned by Sony.
People say Demon's Souls was a success without knowing publisher's expectations. Why is that not deserving of a warning?
I think I and a lot of people have clearly stated why we think Halo is going to be a failure, you people just don't agree with it.

Yeah that forum is terrible. I have an account I just can't stomach the place.
The thing is nothing of what we say should be a reason for warning or banning.

As long as you don't disrespect other people who gives a shit if you say a game sucks or not?

It's your opinion and it shouldn't affect others. It's not like we don't have block/ignore buttons.

If I wanna say I believe the PS5 doesn't have any fucking games in a year there shouldn't be a problem with me saying it.

Why is that a reason to warn anyone? It's the fucking same as saying the PS5 had the greatest launch lineup ever.

Last edited:
Posting a link to an old thread and an emoji (in a thread about the opposite) is straight up drive-by shitposting.
I don't think it is, a link to a related unlocked thread on same forum should be ok. (Most people won't even read it , and some might even remember some things that were discussed)

That emoji must have been very powerful.

Derktron

Banned
That's the majority of the forum by a longshot. No denying it, but people are entitled to like what they like. Nothing wrong with that if they aren't outright hating.
Why don’t you say it louder for the people in the back and yes you are correct but when it comes to that it can get pretty radical and becomes toxic

buenoblue

I believe we should have free speech, within the confines of socially accepted behaviour of course. I mean arguing over a sports team gets far more heated and politics and religion have started actual wars many times. We should be allowed to argue over plastic boxes if we want. Especially on a forum that is not what it once was. And really there is worth to debate which box is best if it affects which box you might buy or choose which platform to buy on. Maybe a dedicated no holds barred console war thread is the answer.

Guys just take the L and move on.

I've has my fair share of warning and post deletions. There's no need to out the mods like that though I sometimes do wonder if they take vacations themselves because sometimes this forum can get out of control.

Any issues just PM the mods. In the past if I had any issues I've found they are more than helpful to explain the reasons for their actions.

nush

Gold Member
Hey Tyler it's Sublimit, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing the OP. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an All Gamers Holding Hands and Dancing Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I believe we should have free speech, within the confines of socially accepted behaviour of course. I mean arguing over a sports team gets far more heated and politics and religion have started actual wars many times. We should be allowed to argue over plastic boxes if we want. Especially on a forum that is not what it once was. And really there is worth to debate which box is best if it affects which box you might buy or choose which platform to buy on. Maybe a dedicated no holds barred console war thread is the answer.

Debate and discussion is fine. Console warring is not. If someone can’t tell the difference between the two then they are more than likely a console warrior.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I think he just got triggered by the snarky little comments mods leave. Some poeple dont like being antagonized [....[

Yeah, I think that's a good point. If the mods are open to criticism, I'd suggest that, instead of taking these little personal digs at people when you warn/ban them, approach it factually and objectively, and keep the emotion out of it.

The problem with taking little personal digs -- although it feels good, I know -- is that it just makes the person more defensive, i.e., less able to see the error of their ways and modify their behavior. If you approach the situation objectively, though (like a judge weighing a case, for instance), they don't get so defensive, and they can (sometimes) appreciate that they stepped over the line.

Also, attacking people -- putting them down -- will make them see you and the site as the enemy, and many of them will hold a grudge -- not so much for the warning or ban, but for the personal insult.

In addition, making personal attacks on members makes you look petty. Be above that.

Another downside is that if the behavior (mods insulting members they're banning or warning) becomes commonplace, it will eventually contribute to a perception that the mod team is full of themselves.

So, if you want my advice (and I doubt you do, because who am I to you? but I'll offer it anyhow), don't make snide, personal comments when you ban or warn someone. Just tell them specifically why they were warned or banned. Stick to the facts. Keep the snarky put-downs to yourself. They just make the situation worse.

Last edited:

yurinka

A small suggestion, discuss privately with the mods when you think a warning or a ban wasn't deserved. But relaxed and privately. Calm down and avoid making threads like this one, because they are basically like commiting seppuku. RIP

sad metal gear solid GIF

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, I think that's a good point. If I have a criticism of the mod team, that would be it. When you decide to warn someone, or give them a ban, don't take a personal dig at them, put them down, or ridicule them. All that does is 1) make them defensive = less likely to see the error of their ways and modify their behavior; and 2) more inclined to see you or the site as the enemy, and to hold a grudge. It also makes you look petty, because now you're slinging mud, too.

Deal with the issue objectively. Don't make it a personal attack. Just tell them specifically why they were warned or banned. Stick to the facts. Keep the snarky put-downs to yourself. I know it feels good (ego boost), but it'll just make the situation worse.

Why should the mods coddle and be kind to petulant adults who do something as pathetic as console war?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
DO you feel the same about sports fandom?

Its the same thing.
Sports is different. People have no ownership of it except being an outside fan. Fans are cheering or booing millionaires playing a child's game. All they get out of it is looking at boxscores. A championship means nothing. It's not like they are part of the team or get a ring.

I get what you're thinking though. Is it warring if the Patriots or Brady with their million superbowl rings have fans rag on Cleveland Browns fans? Some people will say it's ok and hilarious. Some people will say stop laughing at a fanbase cheering for a bad team.

Gaming however includes people spending a lot of time and money on it and nobody wants to be seen as someone who blew your money on a bad product for 6 years, or being ragged on buying an inferior version.

And it's get worse if you move up the ladder and rag on people's cars or the house they live in.

Sitting at a table and having laughs at sports teams or consoles is one thing. But if anyone out there with a nice house and car ragged on someone in their face with a rusty car or crappy apartment, you'd get punched in the face.

Debate and discussion is fine. Console warring is not. If someone can’t tell the difference between the two then they are more than likely a console warrior.
Based on some of the posts in this thread, some people do seem to think that console warring includes pretty much anything negative being said about one of the platform holders. Seems very over-broad to me.

Hey Tyler it's Sublimit, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there changing the OP. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an All Gamers Holding Hands and Dancing Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Jesus

What the hell is going on in here?

Did I miss something?

Last edited:

buenoblue

Yeah I suppose it's down to intepretation and obviously they are well within there rights to ban anyone for anything. But personally I don't think what the op did counts as console warring. And I don't want this site to slowly merge into the other place, I mean one could be cynical and say there could be alterior motives driven by the user base of both forums to become more like the other place. That's why I think a dedicated thread for console warring is a good idea as long as everyone understands that there are some boundaries, as in outright hatred or racism. We as adults should be given a choice. There are plenty of cesspools on the internet that I avoid that others seem to enjoy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Neff

Its the same thing.

Personally I find sports (and esports for that matter) bizarre nonsense, but there's nothing wrong with endorsing any brand of your choosing so long as you abstain from using it as an excuse to attack those who don't.

If it's done in jest and is genuinely funny, then yes, we're talking about a thin line, but one that's easy to overlook imo. For the most part though, console warring operates via a tribalistic, insecure, humourless, bitter, oblivious double standard fuelled by old-fashioned misanthropy. We can do without it.

Exanthus

Banned
At the end of the day. People are over the bullshit that comes with any discussion that is created on here. Look at the current ban list and there you go... But of course things won't change once they come back.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Its the same thing.

No, it's not. Console wars are far more pathetic. Go look at Yankee fans on twitter. They are not talking about the Red Sox / their fans all day and night.

Listen to the shrieks of agony as a PS game gets announced for PC:

Then look at some of these twitter accounts:

its-sad-michelle-obama.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I edited my post to be clearer about my reasoning.

In response to your question, you need to make a distinction between these two things:

1. Not personally insulting someone.
2. Coddling someone.

Those aren't the same.

If someone acts like a petulant child, they should be treated as one. Treating them with respect and kiddie gloves is coddling. Let the mods rightfully call out the manchilds.
Yeah I suppose it's down to intepretation and obviously they are well within there rights to ban anyone for anything. But personally I don't think what the op did counts as console warring. And I don't want this site to slowly merge into the other place, I mean one could be cynical and say there could be alterior motives driven by the user base of both forums to become more like the other place. That's why I think a dedicated thread for console warring is a good idea as long as everyone understands that there are some boundaries, as in outright hatred or racism. We as adults should be given a choice. There are plenty of cesspools on the internet that I avoid that others seem to enjoy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
It was blatant console warring. He wasn’t even banned for it, just got a slap on the wrist and then decided to make this thread to cry about it which earned the ban.

It isn’t hard to have proper discussions and explain positions. It also isn’t hard to not enter a thread for a game/system you don’t care about. People like Ysely who enter threads just to state “this game is ducking shit!” is not a discussion. The opinion serves no point other than as a pointless driveby for instigation. These types of posts should not be given a quarantine zone, but taken out back and put down like Ol’ Yeller. Except no one will be sad.

MachRc

"Borrowing a friends account" to post more crap is a ban-able offense. Fucking let it go yo.
why risk your friends account being banned?

shit like this is probably why you got permabanned,
its like my 12 year old child giving excuses and excuses while Im trying to hand down a punishment.
Just wont let it go and unwilling to shut the fuck up.

buenoblue

If someone acts like a petulant child, they should be treated as one. Treating them with respect and kiddie gloves is coddling. Let the mods rightfully call out the manchilds.

It was blatant console warring. He wasn’t even banned for it, just got a slap on the wrist and then decided to make this thread to cry about it which earned the ban.

It isn’t hard to have proper discussions and explain positions. It also isn’t hard to not enter a thread for a game/system you don’t care about. People like Ysely who enter threads just to state “this game is ducking shit!” is not a discussion. The opinion serves no point other than as a pointless driveby for instigation. These types of posts should not be given a quarantine zone, but taken out back and put down like Ol’ Yeller. Except no one will be sad.

Yeah I suppose your right. I just find controlling anything that anyone says unless it's truly abhorrent distasteful. Cencorship in any form seems more problematic to me than a childish drive by post. But that's just my view I suppose.

PhaseJump

Banned

264.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah I suppose your right. I just find controlling anything that anyone says unless it's truly abhorrent distasteful. Cencorship in any form seems more problematic to me than a childish drive by post. But that's just my view I suppose.
The thing is, they aren’t being censored. It isn’t a bannable offense to think a game looks bad, or to think a particular platform has better titles releasing. The problem is the presentation and place.

If you go into a Metroid thread and say “this game looks like a crappy 3ds game”, you aren’t contributing anything. You come across as a child who can’t discuss. Meanwhile if you enter it and explain in an adult fashion something like “Man, I just am not feeling this art direction. It lacks the distinct Metroid feel that Super and Zero Mission had. Would have much preferred this to be pixel instead of 2.5D “ you will be fine. Both state the same opinion. The game isn’t to your tastes graphically or aesthetically. But one sounds like a child and the other like a competent adult.

Just like if you enter an Xbox thread and state that PlayStation is better, you aren’t there to have a discussion. Entering a general discussion thread like recent pick ups or some such and state “I really enjoy the PlayStation titles coming out recently” and you will be fine. Both get across thst you like PlayStation games, but one feels purposefully antagonistic while the other doesn’t.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom