• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is your most beloved person all-time in gaming?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Talking about real people, not video game characters. It can be anyone. From people who work on games to people who cover games.

For me, it’s Nobuo Uematsu. The impact his music has had on my life, I really can’t put into words. Aside from bringing some of my favorite games ever to life with his creations, listening to his music got me through some pretty tough times in life. His compositions have been in my regular playlist rotations since the early 2000s.

I don’t feel anyone in gaming has meant as much to me as he has and the work he’s done.

What about you?

bender

What time is it?
Loveable? Yosp.

M3LnjEa.gif

Mr Hyde

Hidetaka Miyazaki and Shinji Mikami are my two heroes. Responsible for two of my all time favorite franchises. I'm also highly fond of Yoko Taro and Yoshinori Kitase. Hideaki Itsuno is in my cool book too. Too many great designers and directors to just choose one. Thank God for Japan.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Shunsuke Saito and Keiichiro Toyama.

Both are too nice when I write them.

And Shunsuke he gave me congratulations because was my birthday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

MrKnocks

Neo Member
Kinda Funny crew.

Whenever I get anxiety or my depression kicks in, I just play a random episode of theirs that I haven't seen and I immediately start to calm down. Cheesy as it may sound but I always felt like I could fit in with that group of friends. Like I'd try to chime in their discussions internally and whatnot. So yeah, definitely them.

If any of the KF crew reads this, thanks for always keeping me company whenever I'm down, like I am right now.♥️

Last edited:

Malio

Russell Sipe, founder of Computer Gaming World. Thank you.

Brad Mcquaid, Everquest creator. Thank you.

Ehh there are too many.

Probably Hidetaki Miyazaki 1st time I saw him was at E3 2014 in a private showing of Bloodborne. 2nd time at E3 2015 for Dark Souls 3. After the showings ended they gave us Bloodborne t shirts and for Dark Souls 3 a portable charger. Best days I'll never forget, got to shake the dudes hand and smiled.

Met Phil Spencer twice or 3 times. 1st time at E3 2015 in private Microsoft showcase party before actual E3 started they did a press party event only. Normally when I go on business trips I try to dress very nice, nothing overly expensive but just clean and elegant, Phill complemented me on my suit at the start of the conversation and then complemented again in a middle of a sentence saying "I can't get over that suit man". 2nd time I met him was at a Bethesda party.

Also got to meet Bonnie Ross from 343 for Halo 5 Guardians, she was pretty chill and down to earth to talk to.

2 years in a row I've spoken to Mike Chapman and Joe Neate from Rare for Sea of Thieves, got to tell my pirate stories and we did an interview and just chatted like good old friends.

I don't really have favorite people in the industry, most of my experiences were pretty great. Saw Kojima once while he was checking out Cyberpunk 2077, but didn't really want to bother him.

I miss E3 :/

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ehh there are too many.

Probably Hidetaki Miyazaki 1st time I saw him was at E3 2014 in a private showing of Bloodborne. 2nd time at E3 2015 for Dark Souls 3. After the showings ended they gave us Bloodborne t shirts and for Dark Souls 3 a portable charger. Best days I'll never forget, got to shake the dudes hand and smiled.

Met Phil Spencer twice or 3 times. 1st time at E3 2015 in private Microsoft showcase party before actual E3 started they did a press party event only. Normally when I go on business trips I try to dress very nice, nothing overly expensive but just clean and elegant, Phill complemented me on my suit at the start of the conversation and then complemented again in a middle of a sentence saying "I can't get over that suit man". 2nd time I met him was at a Bethesda party.

Also got to meet Bonnie Ross from 343 for Halo 5 Guardians, she was pretty chill and down to earth to talk to.

2 years in a row I've spoken to Mike Chapman and Joe Neate from Rare for Sea of Thieves, got to tell my pirate stories and we did an interview and just chatted like good old friends.

I don't really have favorite people in the industry, most of my experiences were pretty great. Saw Kojima once while he was checking out Cyberpunk 2077, but didn't really want to bother him.

I miss E3 :/
Dude you gotta post a pic of that suit

• Thoughtful
Top Bottom