• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who had the worst E3 show this year?

Worst E3 Show

• Summer Game Fest

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tribeca Games Spotlight

• Koch Primetime / Prime Matter

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Ubisoft Forward

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Devolver Digital Direct

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gearbox Showcase

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Square Enix Presents

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Warner Bros. Games

• PC Gaming Show

• Limited Run Games

• Capcom

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Nintendo Direct

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Bandai Namco

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Take Two Interactive Diversity Hour

Votes: 51 37.2%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Biggest disappointment?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Prime Matter and it isn’t even close unless you call that Take 2 one a game show.
I dunno - Bandai announcing at the 11th hour that their "Bandai Namco Next" show was just a dev interview for House of Ashes is pretty much the worst

Banned
it's hard to pick a worst out of these...

the only decent ones were Xbox and Nintendo... Devolver was bearable, but just about bearable.

Kagey K

Banned
You must of missed the UBISUX show.
I watched them all. At least Ubi had game footage for most of it.

Koch was just a woman fake interviewing people and one long gameplay segment of Scars Above (or Below) can’t remember the name.

And it was 2 fucking hours. 😅

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Biggest disappointment?
Ohhh disappointed, Xbox, I mean after all that crazy season of rumors and inflated egos I though it would be megaton after megaton… they done nothing like that

but it was a ok show.

Worst show was square enix. I think… they were all forgettable.

Out of the ones I watched:

Microsoft > Nintendo > Devolver Digital >>> Ubisoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Square Enix. I didn't watch any of the others after seeing others comments, so not really sure

TIGERCOOL

Honestly hard to pick, but I voted Take Two. Its one thing to get up on your soapbox and "earn" some woke points in the middle of a videogame expo; it's another thing entirely to do it so lazily and for that fucking long.

The whole theme of E3 seemed bent on beating that dead horse to a pulp so maybe it's not entirely their fault that we were all burned out on long-winded panels and infuencers discussing identity politics in gaming in place of actual fucking videogame content.

Microsoft and Nintendo had average showings, and everyone else was a complete embarrassment. Probably not going to bother tuning in next year.

Reactions: TLZ

Mistake

Any company could have presented an interactive shit in a box, and it still would have been better than Take Two

Reactions: TLZ

Valt7786

It's Capcoms. Square's was bad too but at least they showed SOMETHING new.
Caps was a text box saying they're doing dlc for village, preorder/collab announcements on the monster hunters getting stuff from each game and...RE Verse? Surely they realise no one gives two fucks about that?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
TAKE 2

Ufl0qSI.jpg

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I watched them all. At least Ubi had game footage for most of it.

Koch was just a woman fake interviewing people and one long gameplay segment of Scars Above (or Below) can’t remember the name.

And it was 2 fucking hours. 😅
At least there was a game in a game show.

Unlike Take Two's Zero games.

Cravis

Watching take twos made me embarrassed that I play games. That I partake in a hobby that is somehow remotely affiliated with that presentatio, it just makes me want to take a match to my game room and burn that mother down.

I hope whomever greenlit that takes a hard nose dive down 40 flights of stairs.

Stuart360

Anyone saying MS is straight trolling and it is T2 by far. Shoving CRT down our throats at games conference with nothing to show. They should be banned from presenting next year because of this.
Yeah its a shame the poll isnt public, for obvious reasons.

Any answer other than Take-Two is WRONG.

Seriously, what the hell were they even thinking?

What I can't stand about their video is the amount of fake personas on screen with their fake smile, and low tone of voice that tries to make them appear smart, modern, and totally with the times the idea of Utopian society where everyone is equal. It's just so so so "look at us, we're better than you because we're DiV3rSe."

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Take Two was embarrassing to the point where it shouldn’t even be on the list. I voted Bamco because their entire conference was about one niche game series that isn’t very good.

YukiOnna

Square Enix. When you have a strong pipeline of games in development and show none of that it's just frustrating.

I voted for bamco, but everyone saying take two makes me wanna see it to feel the rage.

Edit: I would like to change my vote to take two. It was worse than I thought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom