• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who do you think the 6 GOTY nominees at The VGA's will be?

What 6 games will be nominated at the Keighleys?

• Elden Ring

• NORCO

• NEON White

• Rogue Legacy 2

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Horizon Forbidden West

• Immortality

• Gran Turismo 7

• Hyper Demon

• Kirby and the Forgotten Land

• Pentiment

• As Dusk Falls

• Grounded

• Splatoon 3

• God of War Ragnarok

• A Plague Tale Requiem

• Gotham Knights

• Bayonetta 3

• Stray

• Sifu

• Tunic

• Hyper Demon

• Dying Light 2

• Cult of The Lamb

• Pokemon Legends Arceus

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not a major year for AAA games again…. I think there might be more indies thrown in this year to give the awards more gamer cred.

These are the highest rated ‘new’ games released this year. As you can see theres only like 4 AAA games on the list so far. I also expect Plague Tale Requiem, Bayonetta 3, Mario + Rabbids, God of War Ragnarok, Sonic Frontiers (maybe) to make the list.

Callisto Protocol wont make the deadline as it releases in December

B9200341-B72-D-4623-84-D4-18-D538-D0880-D.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Elden Ring
Sifu
Neon White
Bayonetta 3
God of War R
Pentiment

Haven't played Pentiment or God of War yet obviously. I would add Citizen Sleeper to any GOTY short list as well as Triangle Strategy. Haven't played Norco yet or Plague Tale 2.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it deserves it, but Elden Ring will sweep up most of the awards. I'm not seeing a lot else there that the gaming media would embrace, but I do know there's always some indie/small developer game that manages to pick up a few awards from random publications.

Splatoon 3 is the real GotY

995efe6cfcab849f16712cb15d336aa8c8cc5bb8.gifv

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
GOW Ragnarok
Elden Cockring
SIFU
Horizon Forbidden West
Stray

GOW wins it.

Masterful fusion of story, gameplay and graphics prove to be too powerful a combo yet again over 1 trick pony games

Rockondevil

Gold Member
I’d be surprised if Elden Ring doesn’t win. Otherwise I’d expect GOW or Horizon. Splaying looks good, but not good enough.

skit_data

Elden Ring and GoW Ragnarök will be there, 100%. As for the others it’s more of a guess. I voted Splatoon 3 because it sold so well and Stray because they always throw one indie in there. Horizon FW will probable be nominated because it’s a big, solid AAA game but I don’t expect it to have a chance to win GOTY.
Edit: Also put Plague Tale in there because I think it will be a much better game than the first in almost every aspect.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
A Plague Tale Requiem
Cult of the Lamb
Splatoon 3

My current GOTY is HFW

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I've only cane up with 5
In order of most likely to win:

Elden Ring
Callisto Protocol
God of War
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Horizon Far West
Grounded

Last edited:

Handel

Elden Ring
God of War Ragnarok
Plague Tale Requiem
Horizon FW
Bayonetta 3 (if it doesn't review well, replace with Splatoon 3 or XBC3 for Nintendo rep)
Immortality (got to have a well reviewed indie, especially in a weak AAA year)

This year is hard to predict because of a lack of clear top standouts, whereas next year's will be bard to predict because of too many top standouts. Wallet crying looking at 2023.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Elden Ring is the favorite.
But getting the GOTY from The Keighley Awards is in the same realm of prestige as winning a free soda from a bottle cap.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Elden Ring
GoW Ragnarok
A Plague Tale Requiem
Splatoon 3
Xenoblade 3
Horizon: Forbidden West

Would have voted for Callisto Protocol, but wasn't an option.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Anyone playing Grounded? I heard Jaffe was loving it and it’s supposed to be a horror game? Intriguing.
I need to finish Death Loop and Fenix Rising first. I played it a little in Early Access and it looked and played really well. It also seemed very polished for a game still in development. I quit playing because it seemed like it would be really good and so I wanted wait for the full release. Unfortunately, there are too many games on Game Pass that got added right before Grounded released.

skit_data

Would have voted for Callisto Protocol, but wasn't an option.
Yeah, I also noticed something was missing. If Callisto Protocol is everything we want it to be, it will definitely be a GOTY contender.

Edit: Oh, yeah and TLOU P1 of course, but I don’t expect it to be nominated just like Demon’s Souls wasn’t in 2020. Fair enough, remakes shouldn’t count towards GOTY IMO unless they are more of the reimagination type like FF7R.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also noticed something was missing. If Callisto Protocol is everything we want it to be, it will definitely be a GOTY contender.

Edit: Oh, yeah and TLOU P1 of course, but I don’t expect it to be nominated just like Demon’s Souls wasn’t in 2020. Fair enough, remakes shouldn’t count towards GOTY IMO unless they are more of the reimagination type like FF7R.

Callisto Comes out December 2nd, the game awards are on the 8th

Top Bottom