• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who cares about PS5 vs XSX comparison?

Whats even more funny is alot of people don't have tvs that support 120 fps or vrr but they are fighting over my box does 115 fps ur box does 105

Of course they are better, but just how much better? Or are you seriously gonna telll me you can clearly see a difference between COD for PS5 against PS4?
This is funny because I just posted that argument in another thread. However my point is more nuanced than the fact that there is not a huge difference in image quality now between gens. While that is true, it is obvious that once we get beyond cross gen titles and devs start using engines specifically designed for the PS5/XSX, we will see huge increases in game quality. After all that's the whole point of a new generation. The real question is not if the new consoles are better than existing one, because they are, but which new console should you get.

I enjoy seeing the comparison videos.
I like tech and seeing what improvements certain differences in tech can make, and this gen has alot to offer in that regard, is fun.
For instance, we have one console with a 2tflop advantage over the other, so I am interested to see exactly what difference, if any, 2tflops will make.
We have one console with a faster SSD than the other, let's see if that actually makes any difference other than loading times.
The XSX comes with all of MSs new Direct X 12 U ultimate extensions such as Direct ML, SFS, VRS and Mesh Shading. I really want to see if these make any real impact.

With the PS4 Pro Sony introduced FP16, half precision, and touted it as a really beneficial addition. But in reality I doubt we saw any real world jump in the PS4 Pro.

If you put your fanboy pride to the side it's interesting to see what advancements, if any, these give.

Like, who doesn't want to see if the XSX with it's Direct ML and 4 and 8 bit INT inclusions on its GPU can do anything to match DLSS? Even if you are a Sony fan you should be interested to see what happens with that.

Last edited:

Hakiroto

I’m interested in the comparisons but purely because I love this technology and I always find it fascinating how different companies do things in this industry. Whether I have both, one, or neither of the new consoles, a passion for gaming is enough to keep me interested. I find myself watching all DF videos – even the ones for games I know I’ll never play – because they’re so well made and I can relate to the passion.

That said, it’s almost not worth keeping track of due to the never-ending arguing and disrespectful, childish behaviour from people who believe they need to choose a side and then have to religiously defend it.

the_master

Who cars about PS5 vs XSX comparison? What we really want to see is new gen vs old gen. PS5 vs PS4 and XSX vs XBONE to see if it is worth the upgrade. Only fanboys care about PS5 running better than XSX. Bring the new gen vs the old gen comparisons pleaaaase!
I care. I have both and I want to buy the best version of the games.

Is there a page whith recaps of all comparisons? I would regularly check that.

We shouldn't care now because PS5 is winning every face off right?

OP I think as the results are reverse of what was expected, of course people are going to be interested and those threads will generate buzz/shock. Plus its the start of the gen, all eyes are on comparisons.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah but how do we know what to compare it too?
We need a benchmark
That's what these comparisons are for

Last edited:
Well the only thing Xbox has going for it was the supposed advantage in multiplatforms so games showing so close results make it completly redundant.

I'm one of the few that should care as I have both consoles but all I care about are playable framerates and whichever console gets closer to that is where I'll buy as I'm not impressed by the Dual Sense.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Well, I care. I’m trying to make value judgements on both new consoles, lol.

But I would love all these comparison outlets to loop back around once this crazy launch is done, and show some detailed like for like comparisons with last-gen, and how things have evolved.

Dirt 5 is one. While still good looking, I t seems to have noticeably benefitted from a next-gen boost.

Methos#1975

I really don't. I bought both but the PS5 is strictly for exclusives while I buy all my multiplats on the Xbox since it's ecosystem is better, the titles being barely perceivably "inferior" isn't a issue due to the other QOL stuff the Xbox offers like Xbox Rewards.

Schmick

Who cars about PS5 vs XSX comparison? What we really want to see is new gen vs old gen. PS5 vs PS4 and XSX vs XBONE to see if it is worth the upgrade. Only fanboys care about PS5 running better than XSX. Bring the new gen vs the old gen comparisons pleaaaase!
Time to face facts... the Xbox Series S is gonna sell a fuck load. Kinda makes the Xbox Series X vs PS5 comparison pointless.

GymWolf

People with both consoles.
Fanboys to fuel console war.
Df redaction for some easy clicks

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I cared as I have both consoles.

Not anymore seeing how close they are to each other. Each console gets its exclusives and the one I like best becomes my main. Happy days.

Bankai

Well, I care & I think it's great entertainment all around! I love the technical aspect of gaming, always have.

Also it directly influences my purchases decisions:
- IF the Xbox Series X would offer much improved performance over PS5 in multiplats, I would buy it soon
- When there's parity between the two, I will only consider the Xbox Series X when there's great exclusives (released)

OutRun88

It is fair to compare them prior to purchase if you can only afford one. After that it’s pointless as you’re just trying to comfort yourself based on your choice.

edit

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Beside warriors whom can be dismssed, people who want the best multiplatform experience.
But considering how close between the two console it is, then definetely warriors.
Who else would be interested in .1 or even .01 Fps differences on average.
Or even a small difference in resolution it is getting ridiculous.

Poop!

Because Xbox fanboys were saints from 2006 to 2013. You can always count on them being humble and gracious.

/s

If you look at the permaban list from that time on GAF the vast majority of crazy posters who got the hammer were SonyFanboys

Birdo

Banned
Comparisons Target Audience: People who own both, so they know which one runs a game better.

Comparisons Actual Audience: People who only own one console and need to know which runs a game better for console war ammo.

Top Bottom