• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Nintendo system has the best "Big 4" game combo?

Which Nintendo has best 4 game Mario Zelda Kart Smash combo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Went for the Wii

Loved MK on the Wii with the motion controls. Best version of Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy (and it's sequel) is the best Mario game ever made.

Tg89

Gamecube has Metroid Prime. So that.

Going strictly by this list? N64. OoT and SM64 are the best two games here, and while the N64 entry of MK sucks, Diddy Kong Racing is superior to every Mario Kart.

Last edited:

SegaShack

Seeing Windwaker and Sunshine compared to Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 just reminds me of how disapointing Nintendo was in that era.

People try to pretend that the Gamecube entries are some type of underrated masterpieces. No, they were much worse than their legendary N64 predecessors.

Tg89

Seeing Windwaker and Sunshine compared to Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 just reminds me of how disapointing Nintendo was in that era.

People try to pretend that the Gamecube entries are some type of underrated masterpieces. No, they were much worse than their legendary N64 predecessors.
Yeah. Wind Waker was so terrible coming from the N64 entries. Sunshine wasn't quite as bad, but obviously still no where close to SM64.

Gamecube made up for it with Metroid Prime though which is better than anything on the N64.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yeah. Wind Waker was so terrible coming from the N64 entries. Sunshine wasn't quite as bad, but obviously still no where close to SM64.

Gamecube made up for it with Metroid Prime though which is better than anything on the N64.
giphy.gif

Kokoloko85

Id say N64 because Mario 64 ( Ground breaking ), OOT ( Up there as one of the greatest games of all time ) and Mario 64 is my favourite Mario Kart.
I remember buying Smash as an Import and we all had a sleep over to play it in black and white lol. Classic Nostalgia

But gameplay wise future Smash games were better and I love Mario Sunshine more Than Mario 64 but 64 was awesome.

Why is Wii U "incorrect"?

Mario 3D World
Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8
Smash for Wii U

Switch doesn't even have its own Zelda or Mario Kart game, and Smash on Switch really seems like a Delux version of the Wii U game.

Last edited:

Codes 208

GameCube for me. It had most of the big 3D Zelda games to a capacity (wind waker, twilight princess, OoT + Master Quest. AND the Zelda collection which had OoT, Majoras Mask, a demo for Windwaker and Zelda I and II).

Double Dash to this day is a very under-appreciated history of Mario kart and Melee was the best smash bros up until Ultimate.

Mario Sunshine was ok, not my favorite but it was ok. But for Mario we also got paper Mario the 1000 year door, luigi’s mansion and Mario party 4 (the last GOOD Mario party)

after that it’s kind of a tie between switch and n64. The n64 if not for nostalgia but OoT/MM and SM64 defined the start of the 3D era. The switch however has become what I consider the culmination of Nintendo’s best.

Top Bottom