• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Matrix game did you like the most?

Which Matrix game you liked more?

• Total voters

Zannegan

I remember having fun with Enter the Matrix, replayed it a couple of times. The Path of Neo chugged down into the single digits on my PS2, so I could never finish it.

Warablo

I think I played and owned Enter the Matrix the most, but rented Path of Neo and loved playing it, but never got copy.

Banned
Alternative Title: Which Matrix Game did you laugh at less?

my answer, Neo... at least that one was somewhat of a graphics showcase in some scenes

Skifi28

Really hard to choose. The obvious answer would be path of Neo since it follows the trilogy closely and you play as an overpowered badass. Enter the matrix was disappointing at the time, I wanted to play as Neo of course and didn't really care much about the sidekick duo. But, looking at it now from afar now, it might actually be the better game of the two.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
I loved both games back in the day. Voted for neo though, playing through the movie scenes was great. Wish we had more big budget movie games with today's graphics.

What's the best way to play theses nowadays? I don't have a ps2 but could emulate them, or are the pc ports better? I tried path of neo on pc years ago with a 360 controller and the control's weren't great, any way to remap them?
I feel the same way. I miss the Lord of the Rings movie games.

Alternative Title: Which Matrix Game did you laugh at less?

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

marquimvfs

Should I play Stranglehold
Short answer: sure!
Long answer: depends on your "sensitivity" on retro graphics. Game was early 360 quality, just a little above what a ps2 could produce. Still very fun.

On topic. The first one. Cannot explain why, but the second game always felt like a quick cash grab to me...

sertopico

I have only played enter the matrix on pc. It was a huge disappointment, other than being unfinished and buggy. Since Dave Perry was behind it, I thought it was going to be good, but they wanted to release it together with the (second?) movie, so it's been rushed.

BigBooper

I liked how bonkers and elaborate Enter the Matrix was. It was a very cool idea with a lot of heart and a lot of clunk. Path of Neo was just a generic kinda bad game.

Edit, I was thinking of The Matrix Online.. the mmo. Both of these games were bad. The MMO was dope.

Last edited:

Fret Runner

One of the few things I remember about Path of Neo is that there was suddenly Giant enemy ants for a level and the forth wall break moment at the end where the Wachowskis appear as Atari sprites and basically say "Yeah, we know the ending of the third film sucked, so here's a giant agent smith made up of other Agent smiths"

Enter The Matrix was cool the first time i played it. I remember working at a game store and bought it for £2.50. ended up having more fun fucking around with the cheat code input method. that shit was awesome. oh, and fighting a agent for the first time was cool.

Arkam

At the time of release Enter the Matrix was both awesome and super meh. Gameplay was the more meh side. Felt like syphon filter with some cool bullet time effects. But me and my friends soldiered through. Why? Cuz we wanted to see those amazing cut scenes that featured the actors from the films. At the time many of us were pretty high on the Matrix so any additional film content was lusted after.

Camreezie

I would love another matrix game , imagine a matrix game with the nemesis system with agents ... can't believe they havent even done that already

Top Bottom