• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Halo game are you replaying to prepare for Infinite?

RPS37

I’m def trying to avoid Halo 5. However, story-wise, that would be the game to play to get caught up.
I’m noticing that Halo Reach MCC is on sale for half off for Black Friday.
I’m pretty too tempted to replay it since it’s arguably one of the best in the series.
Are you going to try to replay any Halo game before Infinite?

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I replayed the first few levels of Halo 1-4 on PC. Wanted to refresh my memory of the series so that I can fully appreciate the jump to Infinite, but didn't want to get burned out.

I'll probably go back and continue these playthroughs later.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Just finished replaying the entire saga, including Reach and 5 obviously. 5 really wasn't as bad as my memory depicted and looked stunning at 4K60 now. Repetitive boss but no where near as bad feelings as I had at launch anymore, we'll worth a replay.

Ammogeddon

I’m dipping in and out of infinite MP which dial me into the gameplay but aside from that I’m going into the campaign as fresh as possible. I’ll catch a story recap on YouTube though.

Desless1

All of the main Halo games, besides the mobile/spartan games.

Did them all chronological and are now in the end of Halo 5. Halo Wars 2 left and I am ready for Infinite.

Graciaus

None. I played most of them again when the pc version of mcc came out. Don't really care about the story in infinite just the gameplay.

GametimeUK

Over the past year I've finished the whole series apart from Halo 5. I had never finished Halo 2, ODST, Reach or Halo 4 before. Absolutely phenomenal set of games and I'm super hyped for Halo Infinite.

MikeM

I played through the MCC when I got my Series X. Not a big Halo fan at all but I am loving the MP right now and I scored a Halo Series X, so pretty curious to see how the single player campaign turns out.

I know Halo 5 gets a lot of hate but it was my favourite from a pure gameplay perspective.

Shtef

I played all halos games in master chief collection and also halo 5 but i might start again on harder difficulty.

I have the MCC collection in my steam library... I think that the next time I play some old school shooter I will replay half-life 2 and its chapters instead of the halo games, no way I touch infinite.

Fredrik

none but if i were gonna replay any it'd be 4 + 5. i enjoyed them more than the Bungie games. can only play Halo 4 on PC. i don't care if people think 5 sucks...it's shitty of them to not bring it to PC.
Yeah I’ve only played through 4 and 5, the rest bored me or made me motion sick so I’m really not a fan of Bungie’s games. I understand that the lore could be important though so I went to a Halo fansite to read up on that:

CuNi

All but 5 at this point. Setting up the Xbox one again to play 5 co op with a friend soonish.

elliot5

I played through all of them on the MCC + Halo 5 for the first time. And Halo Wars. Haven't played HW2 even though that's directly tied, just cuz I dont wanna play an RTS again lol

Mister Wolf

I played through the entire MCC on PC to prepare for Infinite. Its too bad 5 doesn't have a PC port.

Last edited:
The one mainline (story wise) game I haven’t finished is Halo Wars 2, which I may try to play since it’ll explain the Banished and it just got FPS boosted on Series X. Not a huge fan of RTS games though which is why I never finished it to begin with. I did finish Halo Wars 1 before but that game seemed a lot simpler.

Probably won’t play Infinite’s Campaign anytime soon though unless someone gifts it to me for Christmas, so I have plenty of time to replay the games anyways.

SCB3

I re played all of them as they came out on PC, finished them multiple times before though

But I've never finished either Halo Wars game, so those

Kacho

I played Reach recently on my Series X but the lighting bug kinda ruined it.

Might install MCC on PC and finish it up there.

Sakura

How the hell do I install individual Halo games on PC?
I'm pretty sure I was able to the last time I tried, but now I can't even install Halo CE because it says I need 160GB for the whole damn MCC

EDMIX

Did they end up getting all the Halo games on MCC on PC? I might pick that up, but I might just wait as I don't even have enough time to fucking play shit I own now lol

Does MCC still have a community on PC? I don't know if I care to replay the single player as I think that ship has sailed and I don't think I'll get those middle school feelz from the IP anymore lol, but I do care to jump on the MP for some nostalgia at least.

aries_71

Update: Reach on MCC looks pretty nice on XSX.
Playing Reach on XSX I get frequent screen artifacts, like when a gpu is overclocked. Found out in Reddit that this is a common problem, maybe since the 4K update to the dashboard. Didn’t happen to you?

RPS37

Playing Reach on XSX I get frequent screen artifacts, like when a gpu is overclocked. Found out in Reddit that this is a common problem, maybe since the 4K update to the dashboard. Didn’t happen to you?

Not at all that I’ve noticed.

I decided to give Halo 5 another chance since it's 60 fps on the series S/X.
I’m so tempted but I haaaaated those boss fights.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Playing halo 4 for the first time. Pretty good, which surprised me. I hate these new enemies though

Just the multi. Plus this is the first time my kids are old enough to appreciate a new Halo release and my little dude loves training against bots on easy mode.

Top Bottom