• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game is the one true king of the Playstation 4? which exclusive stands above the peasantry?

Which 4 games do you support?

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Votes: 40 8.2%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 231 47.5%
  • Dreams

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 147 30.2%
  • God of War

Votes: 240 49.4%
  • Gran Turismo Sport

Votes: 27 5.6%
  • Infamous: Second Son

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Killzone Shadow Fall

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Knack II

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • The Last Guradian

Votes: 54 11.1%
  • The Last of Us: Part II

Votes: 134 27.6%
  • The Order 1886

Votes: 14 2.9%
  • P.T.

Votes: 29 6.0%
  • Ratchet & Clank

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Votes: 92 18.9%
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Days Gone

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Death Stranding

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Driveclub

• Horizon: Zero Dawn

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man

• Gravity Rush 2

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Persona 5

• Total voters

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
God of War and Last of Us 2 for me. I'm shit at Souls games so never got into Bloodborne unfortunately. Ghosts was OK but it was a polished Ubisoft game and I had put too much time into the Assassins Creed games by that point
Ghost of Tsushima combat >>> Assassin's Creed combat

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
1. The Last Guardian
2. God of War
3. Bloodborne

Easy top 3. ND might be technical wizards with a big budget so high production values, but as actual game developers they miss the mark. SSM showed them up entirely with GOW, out doing them at their own style of game.
Naughty Dog helped Santa Monica implement Boi, the whole AI companion thing

Last edited:

Handel

Naughty Dog helped Santa Monica implement Boi, the whole AI companion thing
Okay? Helping with technical stuff is nice and all, but the implementation of Atreus within the game design comes from SSM/Cory Barlog, especially Cory who fought tooth and nail to keep Atreus in the game as he is. Never felt the same connection with Ellie as I did Atreus, in large part because Ellie is disconnected from core gameplay whereas Atreus is integrated into it in multiple ways.

Humdinger

Knack II, 13 Sentinels whatever, and a fuckin' demo make the list, but not Horizon Zero Dawn?

My avatar is offended and refuses to participate in your poorly conceived poll.

p.s. Oh, I see you excluded it because it appeared on PC several years after release on PS4. I don't get this obsession with whether games are released years later on PC. Who cares? (I mean, besides PC-only players who are willing to wait.) These games are closely identified with the PS brand, were a major part of its success, and were exclusive to it during the most important time for sales (first few years).

Last edited:
Voted for Astro Bot, Bloodborne, God of War and Uncharted 4 in no particular order. Would have loved a fifth and sixth vote for Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
To be fair, it is bloodborne followed by God of War then last of us 2 and ghosts being pretty damn close To each other but TLOU 2 edges it imo as I feel ghosts is losing steam for me....I got to the middle section and I feel like I’ve seen it all already.

uncharted lost legacy is so good as well though. Pissed on uncharted 4 imo.

Last edited:
I'm offended by the lack of Persona 5 in this poll.
right?

it's the #3 highest rated PS4 game of all time on metacritic, behind only GTA V + RDR2, but sure let's exclude it!

so, according to metacritic, it is the best rated PS4 exclusive which means, for this thread, makes it the "One True King Of The Playstation 4". It wipes the floor with Sonys 1st party exclusives. TLOU, God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted are all in the shadow of Persona 5.

Doesn't really matter, they are all the same game with with a different skin.
i was gonna argue with you but...you're right. well, mostly. Bloodborne doesn't follow the Sony formula (not primarily developed by a Sony studio) but the rest are basically the same games with different settings. It's especially true of Naughty Dog games.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Its a ps5 game, just like mario kart 8 was released on switch and became multiplatform, spiderman was released on ps5 and became a multiplatform. It was not just backwards compatibility like with most games, but a real release.
Where is Gravity Rush 2

Bragr

Banned
I have added the options people are complaining about.

Everyone already voted so it won't matter, but if you are that fucking desperate to vote for Spider-Man or Driveclub, you can press the change vote button and change your votes.

Romulus

Astrobot was the only game on that list that truly wowed me and made me feel like I experienced a next gen leap. Everything else felt like something not far removed from ps3 with better visuals.

Last edited:

SpokkX

Classic
Bloodborne

Great
Death stranding
God of war

Good (but imo just fun one time)
Horizon
Spidernan
Uncharted 4
TLOU 2

just Ok
The rest

Alpha Male

Since I can't vote:

Horizon
God of War
Ghost of Tshushima
Death Stranding/Infamous

I also love Driveclub and enjoyed Spider-Man and Bloodborne

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Doesn't really matter, they are all the same game with with a different skin.
i was gonna argue with you but...you're right. well, mostly. Bloodborne doesn't follow the Sony formula (not primarily developed by a Sony studio) but the rest are basically the same games with different settings. It's especially true of Naughty Dog games.

1620677097086.gif

Good (but imo just fun one time)
Uncharted 4
Uncharted 4 Multiplayer might be the most fun game on PS4, considering it's still being played daily for both competitive and survival modes after 5 years.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
God of War

Simply put, it's not just the best PS4 game, but one of the greatest games ever made.

Top Bottom