• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which flagship Xbox series did you like best last gen? (Xbox One)

Which was your favorite Xbox series last gen?

• Forza

Votes: 69 51.1%
  • Gears

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • Halo

Votes: 17 12.6%

• Total voters

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Forza Motorsport peaked at FM4......it was on X360 so it doesnt make it.

Forza Horizon has basically been GOTY nominee every year it comes out.

Gears 5 is so smooth and still counts as a Xbox One game right?
And while its campaign wasnt the best in the series.....Hivebuster very nearly is.
And the MP is top tier, yes there will always be "why doesnt it play like Gears2 or Gears3 critics", but at the same time the game needs to evolve so ofcourse it wont play exactly like Gears 2 or Gears 3. (Hell Gears 2 fans still fight with Gears 3 fans over which one is the better feeling game, IMO Gears 4 and 5 wipes the floor with both)

Halo 5 had amazing multiplayer and even when the community dropped out I could still find matches of the Warzone modes and had a blast.
Yeah the req system could break things, but i still actually really liked it if only for variants and those damn wasps.
Weird community actions also used to pop up with people spawning you wasps or manti just because.

Forza 100%

Forza Horizon 3/4 were both amazing, and while Horizon 2 wasn't nearly as good it's still a good game. I fell off of motorsport after 5 so I barely played any of them last gen.

Gears was whatever, and Halo was pretty shite. MCC is great since it brought all the games together but it was a complete mess and Halo 5 was trash.

Jaybe

Gears. Not great campaigns but I throughly enjoyed Horde and some PvP.
I find Forza horizon a mix of annoying ADHD noise and boring with its open world.
Halo has lost my interest aside from the MCC campaigns

Forza Horizon 3.

I feel like the Xbox One was the single worst console I have ever expereinced, and I grew up with the 5200 and Virtual Boy. Was hoping the Series X would bring back my love for the Xbox brand that I had during the OG/first half of the 360. But sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case. Fantastic box, but most of what is good I can play on my PC. The only saving grace would have been physical offline versions, but most of those don’t fucking work And need cancerous “one time connections” or monthly check ins. Fuck that shit.

Pagusas

Elden Member
none of the above, I thought they all failed miserably and made me long for the 360 days. if I had to choose i’d say forza did best, but even that I hate the direction of. all the games went in the worst direction possible for my taste.

FeldMonster

Easily Halo.

With over 950 hours in Halo 5 and an additional 700 hours in Halo MCC (multiplayer, I could not care less about campaign), nothing else comes close.

I still play Halo 5 daily and MCC (mostly H2A) weekly. Gears of War 4 and 5 were worth playing through their campaigns, but I have no interest in the Sim style racing of Forza Horizon or Motorsport.

I'm guessing that it doesn't really matter the gen for most players. Whichever franchize is most appealing to the player will trump the other 2 regardless. I've always been a bigger fan of Halo. Even the iterations that underwhelm are still more enjoyable for me personally than the other two. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy Gears or Forza. Halo is just one of the few games that scratches the first person shooter itch. I'm a fan of the chance to survive, even if I don't get the first shot off, and the fact that Halo still rewards skill with precision weapons over most run and spray ADS weapons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom