• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which developers are you most excited to see more from this gen?

Looking forward to seeing how Kenichiro Takaki is gonna be pushing jiggly boob physics forward with Senran Kagura on those Zen 2 cores.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its kinda strange how both Platinum and Team Ninja, two teams both famous for their combat design have really elevated their profiles by incorporating more RPG/Looter elements into their output.

Looking forward to where they go from here.

mortal

Gold Member
With regards to 1st party it would be these developers.

Very curious in seeing the results of SIE's ICE team, and how they helped to evolve the proprietary engines to run on PS5.
Some of the best impressive technical wizardry working in the industry, imo.

Also curious about the projects from Xbox Game Studios' latest recruits, namely Ninja Theory, Obsidian, & Bethesda Game Studios.
How much better will their games look and perform with the help of a considerably larger budget and access to R&D?

Would be actually nice to play a much less buggy mess of a game by Bethesda now that Microsoft will be overseeing the quality control to some extent.
Hopefully they won't be mired by that ancient game engine of theirs going forward.

Last edited:
Rockstar Games by far. I know they only put out 1 game per generation since GTAV but both it and RDR2 were something special that no other game directly overlaps with so I can't wait to see what their game(s) of the next-generation will be like
Dan Houser is gone along with this top devs.

It may look visually great, but the games will suffer immensely from a lack of strong creative direction by Dan.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
What're the folks at Warhorse Studios doing these days?

Are they still sorting hate-mail for Kingdom Come or are they making a new game?

AmuroChan

Nihon Falcom (my favorite JRPG dev at the moment)
Bluepoint Games (really curious what their next project is)
Naughty Dog (if they're working on a new IP)
The Initiative (a self-proclaimed AAAA studio working on a Perfect Dark reboot? Yes please.)
KojiPro (I'm always curious what Kojima comes up with for his next game idea)

Naughty Dog - masters of their craft in linear story driven games and attention to detail.

Rockstar - masters of their craft in open world simulation and interactivity.

bitbydeath

I’m excited to see what Sonys new studio is working on, otherwise;
Bend, Nicalis, Supermassive, Quantic Dream, Santa Monica and Sony Japan

TheFawz

It may look visually great, but the games will suffer immensely from a lack of strong creative direction by Dan.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if pacing, story, characters and overall narrative takes a hit but I'm more interested in the attention to detail, world design, diversity and most improtantly reactivity/interactivity. As much as people love to complain about it, when played at good framerate I actually adore the RDR2 style of character movement and none do it that way

tenor.gif

FROM, CDPR, Rockstar, - and down a tier - Bethesda and Bioware. I know they aren't the devs they used to be but I have so many great memories from their past games and they still own IPs where there is a glimmer of hope could still be great again one day ( Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect ).

Despite a rocky launch on consoles, Cyberpunk is easily one of my favorite games of all time (on PC) and represents a new game universe with endless potential. Any future Cyberpunk expansions or sequels will instantly be my most anticipated games. And I haven't even mentioned The Witcher 4 yet :messenger_heart:

I have no idea what Elden Ring is.... but it's FROM so ...

HURRY THE FUCK UP ROCKSTAR

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Honestly, SquareEnix. They've been walking on thin ice for over a decade now. XV was a step in the right direction (for me), amd VIIR was a step back in the wrong direction (although i like it and think its a great game)... so im curious to see where they go from here. itd be ideal for me if they landed somewhere between XV and VIIR

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Bethesda
Moon Studios
Ninja Theory
Obsidian
Remedy
Playground 2
The Initiative
Edios Montreal (If they make another Deus Ex)
The Coalition
Asobo
InXile
Respawn
Arkane

I'm also very cautiously including 343 and Bioware

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Platinum - With some money backing them and powerful hardware? Skies the limit.

The Coalition - They are masters of Unreal Engine, we saw the UE5 demo, they almost def have an early dev build of UE5.

Naughty Dog - A bit of an obvious choice but seriously what they could pull off on PS4 is something else.

Crytek - Hear me out....hear me out.....The CryEngine is an absolute beast of an engine, they might not get Story telling right but Visual showcase titles......they got that on lock.

Remedy
- Control was my GOTY 2019.....now they have Epic money behind them......Northlight engine pushing RTX 3080s to their knees lets go.

Guerilla Games - After Forbidden West, I cant wait to see what they work on, I think Sony trusts them enough NOT to fuck shit up

Ninja Theory - Whatever the A team is working on.

Fredrik

Retro Studios - Metroid Prime 4, it’ll be glorious.

Bethesda - Starfield, can’t go wrong with this.

Moon Studios - Next Ori, if they return to it this gen.

Ninja Theory - Senua’s Saga

Team Cherry - Silksong

Playground Games - Fable and next Forza Horizon

Guerrilla Games - Horizon Forbidden West

Team Ninja - DOA7, if they drop the grinding.

Polyphony - GT7, single player awesomeness.

Jethalal

Banned
ConcernedApe for his stardew valley spinoffs and other games.

Thomas Happ for Axiom Verge 2.

Dead Cells company for their next offering.

Hope Prince of Persia remake gets enough traction that we actually get a proper entry in the series.

Ofcourse, GTA VI.

HE1NZ

Banned

You sure about that? I'd say less overdone Houser blabber and cinematic and more gameplay should be great for Rockstar.

The Skull

The studio that did Hyper light drifter. Can't remember what their new game is called but looks good. That and Team Cherry. Hollow knight silk song can't come out fast enough.

Amornalx

Banned
I want to add more developers that i forgot:
-Square Enix.
-Capcom.
-Bethesda.
-Insomniac Games.
-Nintendo.
-Obsidian.
-Rockstar Games.
-Platinum Games.
-Atlus.