• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which console had the best, tastiest secret sauce?

What console had the tastiest secret sauce?

• Xbox One

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • PS5

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
This gen before and at launch we had lots of different ingredients to make a once-in-a-lifetime sauce that might have been too tasty for its own good. I thank Don Mattrick and the team at xbox for this delicious delicacy.

For the Xbox sauce we had:
  • the power of the cloud
  • software company not giving up 30% power (lol)
  • TV
  • Have you seen Titanfall?
  • after launch direct x12 added sauce
  • Phil 'i'm a gamer' Spencer
  • 1080p output for everything.

Although the PS5 has not launched yet, the ingredients have already been prepared and have started to come together to create something that you just might put on your burger.

• SSD = secret sauce drive
  • narrow and thin FLOPS the best kind of flops, better than FAT flops
  • smartshift a CPU and GPU that revvs up and uses all that juicy power as required.

Last edited:
I am not sure this thread will go well, but I am trying to avoid making so many snap judgments. Maybe it will be fantastic.

Had? Regardless, the correct answer is Stadia with their negative latency.

Stadia redefined this whole generation. The tastiest of all the sauce by far.

Last edited:
PS4 had the best secret sauce, it have the custom chip that added HDR support with an update, that was secret and totally unexpected, I remember the homebrew presentation for linux on PS4 they assumed it was a mistake that sony wired a custom chip for HDMI and joked as how stupid when the reality is that it allowed the system to adapt to new standards without buying a new system, that is consumer friendly

I don't have an HDR TV but when I get one I can use my old PS4 with it

ZywyPL

Banned
Let's see...

ssd1.jpg

ssd2.jpg

Yup, that's the one.

geordiemp

For me, the laughable secret sauces are the ones that anybody knows with half a brain is just riduculoursly bullcrap from the start.

Some of them are debateable, some are unproven yet and so they are not really in that category.

Some are exagerations by marketing and PR mouthpieces that have a tiny % of realism but exagerated beyond all proportion.

And then you have the clear, see through bullshit ones that are just downright funny

For me, project Milo, ticks the laughable boxes I new it was rubbish from the start and would Nowhere.

Special mention to MisterXmedia and his insider persona, and the hidden GPU in the powerbrick, fun times.

I had kinect, the fruit ninja game was quite good actually lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom