• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are the most insufferable fans?

Which are the most insufferable fans?

• "Souls" games fans

Votes: 52 32.5%
  • Silent Hill fans

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Metal Gear fans

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Undertale fans

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Hollow Knight fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mario fans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TLOU fans

Votes: 16 10.0%
  • Zelda fans

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Pokemon fans

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • GTA fans

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • Sonic fans

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy fans

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Nintendo fans are the worst, but the OP introduced bias into this poll by listing Souls fans first, right after a major release by FROM, which has been the center of attention since 2/25.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Also people that generate hype in generic vague ways, That is insufferable to. Like pee out your but hype.

Swift_Star

Banned
Please add a vote for "Souls hatebase" because too many people are coping over elden ring and souls games in this thread.
Actually though, i can think of many worse fans than the fucking souls fanbase. it's not even like they go around invading the internet and making everything shit like jellybean stans do with their "its not a mistake its a masterpiece" BS.
also... they're fucking right dude. You picked up a video game known for its extreme difficulty, and then immediately go on the internet screaming about how it's too hard. What else are they supposed to tell you other than to get good?
Souls is not hard, it's obtuse. Sekiro is hard. Celeste is hard. Mega Man Nes games are hard.
Crash 4 is hard.
Souls games aren't hard.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Souls is not hard, it's obtuse. Sekiro is hard. Celeste is hard. Mega Man Nes games are hard.
Crash 4 is hard.
Souls games aren't hard.
if it's not hard why the fuck are you complaining then? and what even does obtuse mean when you mean it in a video game sense?

Last edited:

The_hunter

I don't dislike any fanbase that much, but if I had to pick, Animal Crossing is one I don't fit in with. I play the games sometimes.

Omali

I'm going to vote every Reddit community centered around video games, just because so much of the conversation can be boiled down to people unable to comprehend that someone, somewhere, might have different preferences than them and how angry that makes them.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Sony fans for sure. They think they are the only ones getting good games. While PC, Xbox and especially Nintendo have great games of their own. Xbox studios just had the highest year average metacritic rating ever. I have seen countless aloy, ellie, kratos profile pictures say some of the dumbest fanboy trash.

Outside of platform fans, it would probably be souls fans. They boost their ego telling people they beat the games and look down at people who struggle or don’t do it their way.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Crash 4 is hard.
Souls games aren't hard.
How is it obtuse? They even included tutorial popups this time, and you can check the explanation for every stat by pressing whatever is Select on your gamepad.

Just curious, not saying it isn't.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
And the flip side of that, people who are not fans of something that others are fans of and won't shut up about how much they hate it.
animation yes GIF by Feibi McIntosh

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Silent Hill fans. A lot of them give off the same level of smugness as The Real Silent Hill Experience. I didn't used to see nearly as much hate for the non-Team Silent games as I do after that fucking series dropped on Youtube.

Sure, some valid complaints and criticism are given. The Silent Hill HD Collection was horribly mishandled (play the games on PC with the fan patches instead). There were a few cash grab stinkers like Book of Memories, and Downpour sucked a bit too. But Origins, Homecoming and definitely Shattered Memories are much better games than the fans make them out to be. No, of course they are not on the same level as 1-3 - but they are still pretty good games that keep within the spirit of SH. In Shattered Memories case, it also did some pretty damn unique things for psychological horror. Hell, i'd even say the movie is still one of the best videogame adaptations we've ever had because it did the atmosphere of the games a ton of justice. I'm excited that Christophe Gans is apparently making another one (along with a Fatal Frame movie).

I feel the fans also sometimes make out that Team Silent can do no wrong, when the wheels were already starting to come off in Silent Hill 4. But again, not a bad game, just not the masterpiece 1-3 was.
Silent Hill is a weird one. I like Origins, but I think it's too safe and it being a prequel kinda lessens my enjoyment of the first one. I also wasn't a fan of repeatedly switching into the other world and the fact you literally could pick up toasters and tv killed my immersion. It's not a bad game at all, but it's kinda meh to me.
Homecoming I despise for being way too action-oriented with its out-of-place combat, nonsensical implementation of Pyramid Head, a clear lack of creativity, the bland AF story, the fact that SH3 kicks its ass in terms of character design and animations. It's not the worst game ever or something, it's still leagues above those Saw games, but it was very underwhelming. Often I thought they just watched the movie and never played the games themselves.
Downpour I enjoy, despite it undeniably being flawed with its janky combat, silly enemy designs, and its excessive technical shortcomings. I enjoyed the story, the atmosphere was on point, turning Silent Hill into a metropolis with side quests was a great idea, and I also thought other ideas were cool. it's not the best-executed game, but I'll take it over Homecoming any day of the week.
Lastly, there is Shattered Memories. That game is great. Honestly. Easily the best western Silent Hill. I loved how they retold the story of SH1 giving it its own twist. The atmosphere is on point. The things it does with psychological horror are interesting. Using the Wii Mote as a flashlight is intuitive and a great idea. There are some great puzzles (also some gimmicky ones). I even like the other world segments. It's also one of the best-looking and performing games on Wii. Despite me liking Downpour quite a bit, I think the devs behind Shattered Memories should have gotten hired by Konami for another one.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
After looking all the answers I was thinking about TLOU fans and Elden Ring.

TLOU fans only comes out when their king Abby gets knocked up, whereas Souls fans shits over everything everywhere.

"git gud" "Elden Ring best game FACT" all that BS infestation.

Either elden ring is your goty, or else you arent a true gamer or something.

Burn the whole genre to the grown and everything that is attached to it.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
After looking all the answers I was thinking about TLOU fans and Elden Ring.

TLOU fans only comes out when their king Abby gets knocked up, whereas Souls fans shits over everything everywhere.

"git gud" "Elden Ring best game FACT" all that BS infestation.

Either elden ring is your goty, or else you arent a true gamer or something.

Burn the whole genre to the grown and everything that is attached to it.
And now do you see why we need a souls hate base option?

Sentenza

Not sure if they can be classified as "fans" of anything, but... Pussies who are bitter toward Souls games, probably. And this very thread offers a good sample.

Every single one of them comes off as whiny insufferable prick, and they all seem to have an ax to grind toward these games, mostly for not having the wanker's mode that makes you finish with one hand.
Tough luck, not everything is designed to accommodate your uneven number of chromosomes.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Some glaring omissions from that list including the most blatantly obvious one of all, the biggest shower of wankers the gaming industry has and ever will experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom