• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where will ANNO go from here?

Kadve

With 1800 being the most successful game in the series by far and proving that going back to the roots was what it needed. My question though is how are Blue Byte going to follow up on it?

They have pretty much covered all of colonial history by now (1400s to 1800s). I can see them going back to 1602/1503 since those are kinda dated by now. Though i myself would like to see them make a 418 "BC" set during the Magna Graecia.

Kadve

Have you seen what they are doing with The Settlers?

I have no trust/faith in current Ubisoft to deliver another good game in this franchise.
No'one had any fate in them doing another good ANNO after 2205 either. And yet they did.

Though from what i understand, ANNO is still technically developed by Related Designs who also did the earlier games. They are just a subdivision within Blue Byte known as Ubisoft Mainz nowadays.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Mowcno

Have you seen what they are doing with The Settlers?

I have no trust/faith in current Ubisoft to deliver another good game in this franchise.
Why? Settlers has been a terribly managed franchise for decades. Anno has for the most part released solid titles consistently.

Don't see any reason to assume the next Anno will be bad.

GHG

No'one had any fate in them doing another good ANNO after 2205 either. And yet they did.

This is also true.

Sorry for being so cynical, after seeing what they are doing with the settlers Ubisoft are firmly in my bad books. To answer the question in the OP I'd say the 1200`s set in Asia. Lots of interesting and significant events/developments occurred during that time period in that area of the world:

Haggard

Banned
Modern day anno with global supply lines and disasters like pandemics to shake things up.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I like 1800 way more than the last few. I wonder how old they could go. It would be interesting to have a modern game in the early pre colonialism days.

I'm wonder if they'll sell nft ships.

Latest Anno is the best Anno, truly a masterpiece with excellent post launch support.

Next step could be a less rigid grid, with curve street. Maybe with true procedural maps?

For the setting, i can accept everything but not too far in the future

Last edited:
Top Bottom