• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the MCU goes from here. (Whole MCU Spoilers)

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So endgame has come and gone, and we know how things ended. Cap, Ironman and black widow are done. Hulk is fucked up, Thor has zero focus, the guardians are headed to look for the now missing Gamora, Sam is Captain America, and the other characters are sort of in the wind. We know a few should be getting movies in the next phase (captain marvel, black panther, spiderman, Dr. Strange, and hopefully antman/wasp) and some need massive character development to pay off post Endgame (Bucky, Captain Sam, Wanda, ect). Also, there are a few loose ends to tie up and the x-men and F4 IPs need to be integrated into the MCU (mostly for bad guys honestly) in a way that makes some sort of sense.

So this thread is for us to post our ideas and discuss them. Please refrain from lazy "MCU is doomed because of SJW shit" posts. I too am irked by some of the cringey woke shit in the latest movies but I would love to discuss things in a more positive light.

Anyways here is how I would do the next phases.

Note: Basically every movie leading up to the next avengers will either hint that the "undusting" awoke mutant powers in some people, or directly have mutants in them. Also, we are going to be dealing with merging 3 timelines here; the MCU timeline (TL1), the splinter timeline where thanos left in endgame(TL2), and the Fox timeline (TL3).

The following are not every movie but just the ones I think are important in setting up the post endgame phases. They are in chronological order.

MCU Timeline
- Captain Marvel Echos (or some subtitle): This movie would be a "buddy cop" affair where Bucky and Captain Sam are looking into the Weapon X program that has been running in the background the whole time. A newly cast Bone claw wolverine, who got his healing and claws power from the undusting, would be one of the bad guys working for weapon x in this movie. By the end of the movie wolverine turns on the program for his own reasons and sort of helps Captain Sam and Bucky take down the big bad. Wolverine is captured by the program at the very end though and forced to go through the adamantium process.

- Wolverine (insert subtitle here): In this movie Wolverine escapes from Weapon X with the help of another Mutant who can mysteriously speak to him through his mind. Wolvie eventually meets up with this mutant and we find out it is a newly powered up Professor Xavier played by James McAvoy. The two go through the movie together only to part after beating the bad dudes. Wolvie leaves to follow a lead, and professor X leaves to find more mutants.

- Avengers (Some bullshit here): This movie will heavily involve Wolverine, Wanda, Ant man and Wasp, but Captain Sam, War Machine and Bucky will also be present. Thor will not be in this movie and hulk will only show up towards the end. Basically Wolverine brings information of a dangerous mutuant (Stryfe?) that is fucking shit up. The Avengers have to stop this "Force" together despite a schism in the power vacuum Steve and Tony left. We find out that Wanda was the first mutant created before the undusting and that all mutants carry the same gene mutation.

Fox Timeline and TL2

-Marvel Obliteration: This will be a sort of weird, loose, retelling of the House of M. The movie starts out in TL2 with Reed Richards and the rest of the fantastic 4 gearing up to escape some universe wide apocalypse. To do this they use one of Reeds creations and jump into the Fox timeline just before TL2 is destroyed. In the FOX timeline Scarlet Witch, played by the same actress from the MCU, has become corrupted by Mr. Sinister and is starting to lose it. The Fantastic 4(F4) recognize this and go looking for whomever they can to help them stop her. They find Xavier and the X-Men and explain to them that in their timeline Wanda went crazy and destroyed reality. Quicksilver tells the crew he has lost contact with his sister and fears something may be wrong with her. This sparks the whole adventure to stop Mr. Sinister and hopefully save Wanda. Through out the movie hints are dropped that in every timeline where Wanda isn't dusted, she goes crazy due to the pain of Vision's loss permeating dimensions. These Wanda's can't handle this and destroy their timeline (this is a way of universe course correction due to consequences of using infinity stones or changing timelines). In the final confrontation professor x is killed attempting to enter Wanda's mind and the combined group fail to "save" her. At the last moment Quicksilver gets through to her and before destroying him, herself and the rest of the Fox Timeline she sends the X-Men and the F4 to the MCU timeline where none of them exist. The Characters that now enter the MCU are Cyclops, Beast, Magneto (Fassbender!), Psylocke, Storm, Jubilee, Reed Richards, Sue Richards, Johnny Storm, and Benjamin Grim. End of credits scene is all of them showing up at Professor X's manor to find the MCU version of him working with students along with a very alive Jean Grey (assuming she dies at the end of Dark Phoenix), rogue and colossus.

-Fox and Timeline 2 are now done. Magneto is completely disillusioned at this point after losing both his mutant children and follows his bad guy "mutants must rule humans" arc.

MCU Timeline

-Avengers Vs Xmen: The basics of this movie are the transplanted Xmen and F4 are trying to take out the MCU's version of Wanda because they believe she is going to destroy this universe as well. But, MCU wanda is stable and the two clash multiple times before a bigger threat (silver surfer?) causes them to band together. This will be the start of the next "Big Bad" like Thanos (Galactus maybe?). Thor will play a major role in this movie, as well as Black Panther and Hulk (Hulk vs Grim and Beast)

After Avengers vs Xmen: Most of the character holes are filled and there is a great mind (Reed Richards) to replace the loss of tony stark that Banner alone couldn't fill. Loki returns along with the introduction to Dr. Doom and other villains to fill out the rogues gallery.

Thoughts? Your ideas?

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
I think there will be some high level consequence of the stones being destroyed that will be the over all McGuffin for the next phase as a whole.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I think there will be some high level consequence of the stones being destroyed that will be the over all McGuffin for the next phase as a whole.
Yeah, I mention that in my "Marvel Obliteration" movie idea that would bring the F4 and Xmen to the MCU. So I completely agree!

Last edited:
So Far From Hone is technically the final Phase 3 film? I wonder if anything new gets teased or introduced during the movie or post-credits

Edit

Sorry I forgot what phase we are in.

Also, I have to imagine F4 and X-Men are gonna show up sooner than later

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well, we already know we're getting:
  • Witch/Vision TV Series
  • Hawkeye TV Series
  • Loki TV Series
  • Cap/Falcon TV Series
All on Disney's new streaming service. We know about Spider-Man 2 and Guardians 3, Black Panther will absolutely get a sequel, as will Captain Marvel, Strange probably will too.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Well, we already know we're getting:
  • Witch/Vision TV Series
  • Hawkeye TV Series
  • Loki TV Series
  • Cap/Falcon TV Series
All on Disney's new streaming service. We know about Spider-Man 2 and Guardians 3, Black Panther will absolutely get a sequel, as will Captain Marvel, Strange probably will too.

Witch Vision is prequel right?

The Cap Falcon Series could replace the movie I mentioned in the OP and still introduce Weapon X. (It likely wont though as it would make too much sense :p )

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Sure hope mutants don’t become a metaphor for people who are ‘woke’.

This is my #1 concern.

I too hope that doesn't happen, though the X-Men have been tackling those types of politics in their comics long before wokeness became popular.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Witch Vision is prequel right?

Vision show sorta has to be a prequel, yeah. It'll likely take place between Civil War and Infinity War since that's the time Wanda and Vision were off doing their thing.

Reactions: 888
They did confirm a Doctor Strange sequel that'll be out 2021.

Reactions: AV

Mihos

Gold Member
It could be that all those being brought back from snap aren't all exactly normal and that some become mutants.

Flintty

I love the MCU and loved EG but I’m worried for my enjoyment now some key Avengers are gone. Cap Marvel is awesome but worryingly too awesome. No doubt she’ll lead but she’s far too OP.

And Bucky should have been handed the shield ffs. .

Reactions: 888

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I love the MCU and loved EG but I’m worried for my enjoyment now some key Avengers are gone. Cap Marvel is awesome but worryingly too awesome. No doubt she’ll lead but she’s far too OP.

And Bucky should have been handed the shield ffs. .

Scarlet Witch is more powerful than Captain Marvel. In Endgame she had Thanos beat easily, while Captain Marvel got punked. In a straight up fight Wanda should beat CM. Doctor Strange could also easily beat Captain Marvel.

I believe is some comic arcs Sam becomes Captain America when Steve dies. So the move isn't unprecedented. Also, The Winter Soldier is a cool enough character on his own and doesn't need the shield.

The loss of key avengers sucks but they will be replaced by X-Men and the fantastic 4 which will finally be done right. Recasting and bringing wolverine into the MCU will be a HUGE deal. People fucking love wolverine and he has been an avenger in the comics.

I believe that Hemsworth as Thor and a good actor as Wolverine can carry the MCU in phase 4, 5 and beyond. Having Reed Richards brings a tony stark style character back into the game as well (He needs to be cast well obviously). If Hemsworth leaves I fear for the future though. That dude seems to love being thor and the crowd loves him.

Last edited:

Flintty

Scarlet Witch is more powerful than Captain Marvel. In Endgame she had Thanos beat easily, while Captain Marvel got punked. In a straight up fight Wanda should beat CM. Doctor Strange could also easily beat Captain Marvel.

I believe is some comic arcs Sam becomes Captain America when Steve dies. So the move isn't unprecedented. Also, The Winter Soldier is a cool enough character on his own and doesn't need the shield.

The loss of key avengers sucks but they will be replaced by X-Men and the fantastic 4 which will finally be done right. Recasting and bringing wolverine into the MCU will be a HUGE deal. People fucking love wolverine and he has been an avenger in the comics.

I believe that Hemsworth as Thor and a good actor as Wolverine can carry the MCU in phase 4, 5 and beyond. Having Reed Richards brings a tony stark style character back into the game as well (He needs to be cast well obviously). If Hemsworth leaves I fear for the future though. That dude seems to love being thor and the crowd loves him.

Oh for sure, it was good to see Wanda unleash a bit but disappointing that all the focus seems to be on Marvel - but maybe things will change.

Yeah I’ve seen Falcon Cap stuff but Bucky would still be my preference and would be a better ending to the Rogers/Bucky arc in my opinion.

Xmen is something that gives me hope. They were my favourite as a kid and if they can recreate some of the magic from the 90s cartoon I’ll lose my shit! Really excited for them to get the MCU treatment.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Oh for sure, it was good to see Wanda unleash a bit but disappointing that all the focus seems to be on Marvel - but maybe things will change.

Yeah I’ve seen Falcon Cap stuff but Bucky would still be my preference and would be a better ending to the Rogers/Bucky arc in my opinion.

Xmen is something that gives me hope. They were my favourite as a kid and if they can recreate some of the magic from the 90s cartoon I’ll lose my shit! Really excited for them to get the MCU treatment.
I wanted Bucky to get the shield too but I am cool with Sam. The actor (Anthony Mackey) deserves a little spot light IMO.

Captain Marvel is Marvel's "Superman". She is insanely powerful no matter how you cut it but she can be beaten. I hope she loses in her next movie, and is humbled. The MCU version of the character needs some major character building.

XMen are my favorite as well and I have hated how fox has butchered them. I don't think we need to reboot them. McAvoy and Fassbender are excellent in their current roles and should be kept if they want to stay.

Last edited:
I’m curious if CM gets another solo movie or is in another’s team up next. She’s so insanely strong that I imagine she needs some cosmic ultra powered foe to be interesting in whatever she does next.

I really dig Thor with the Guardians. I think that’s great.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I’m curious if CM gets another solo movie or is in another’s team up next. She’s so insanely strong that I imagine she needs some cosmic ultra powered foe to be interesting in whatever she does next.

I really dig Thor with the Guardians. I think that’s great.
She could come up against Silver Surfer and get absolutely beat down. This would cause her to go back to the avengers and warn them or something.

I think thor with the guardians will be a one movie thing and also be amazing. After that I think Thor is going to go looking for Loki (possibly transdimensional loki) or maybe Sif? At some point Thor is going to have a love interest at the very least, so that is going to play into his arc somehow.

Last edited:

Xiaoki

7dd7aebf5526d5b61ce6fe556bdfcadf.jpg

Hemsworth does not like playing Thor. Seems like the recent evolution of Thor's character is to appease Hemsworth as it is the only way he'll agree to do it.

Just as with their comic book counterparts, the characters are only as strong as the writers make them. If the writers wanted it Hawkeye could have defeated Thanos, Captain Marvel and Wanda with one arm tied behind his back.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hemsworth does not like playing Thor. Seems like the recent evolution of Thor's character is to appease Hemsworth as it is the only way he'll agree to do it.

Just as with their comic book counterparts, the characters are only as strong as the writers make them. If the writers wanted it Hawkeye could have defeated Thanos, Captain Marvel and Wanda with one arm tied behind his back.

That is extremely sad to hear. He IS Thor, like he was born for the role like Downy Jr. was born for Tony Stark, chris evans for CA and Ryan Reynolds was for Deadpool. Hopefully after Ragnarok and Endwar let him do his comedy thing (which he is good at) he will stick around and have more fun. I mean Guardians with Gunn and Pratt should be incredible.

I also thought pre-ragnarok thor was crap so I can imagine him hating it as well.

As for power level you are correct but infinity war and endgame set a power level precedent because we got to see so many characters go 1 on 1 with a common enemy (Thanos). Any changes in the future will be glaring.

Basically Captain Marvel is an arrogant battering ram with zero finesse and can be beaten by anyone smarter or stronger than her. She is more of a "weapon" than a character right now. Hopefully that changes.

The irony of Brie Larson being an object is not lost on me btw.

Last edited:

Flintty

I wanted Bucky to get the shield too but I am cool with Sam. The actor (Anthony Mackey) deserves a little spot light IMO.

Captain Marvel is Marvel's "Superman". She is insanely powerful no matter how you cut it but she can be beaten. I hope she loses in her next movie, and is humbled. The MCU version of the character needs some major character building.

XMen are my favorite as well and I have hated how fox has butchered them. I don't think we need to reboot them. McAvoy and Fassbender are excellent in their current roles and should be kept if they want to stay.
I definitely agree, some humbling is required and yeah, could be Surfer or Galactus(!)

The current Xmen cast is so damn good, it’s a shame they’ve been poorly written for. I’d like to see hem come over and it could happen I suppose but I think Marvel will want a fresh start and be able to use the likes of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

I’d certainly hope Deadpool can come over as is, despite a reboot and they can get away with that because he’s Deadpool.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I definitely agree, some humbling is required and yeah, could be Surfer or Galactus(!)

The current Xmen cast is so damn good, it’s a shame they’ve been poorly written for. I’d like to see hem come over and it could happen I suppose but I think Marvel will want a fresh start and be able to use the likes of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

I’d certainly hope Deadpool can come over as is, despite a reboot and they can get away with that because he’s Deadpool.

Silver Surfer is the harbinger of Galactus right? It would need to be him first I think.

I think deadpool needs to stay in his own universe honestly. Let it be its own thing.

I give a way for the xmen and F4 to come over in my Marvel Obliteration idea, but I am sure if Marvel wanted to they could come up with something better and still keep the actors and actresses. Recasting and rebooting may cause to much confusion so maybe they will do a merger of timelines thing. It has happened in the comics before.

Flintty

Silver Surfer is the harbinger of Galactus right? It would need to be him first I think.

I think deadpool needs to stay in his own universe honestly. Let it be its own thing.

I give a way for the xmen and F4 to come over in my Marvel Obliteration idea, but I am sure if Marvel wanted to they could come up with something better and still keep the actors and actresses. Recasting and rebooting may cause to much confusion so maybe they will do a merger of timelines thing. It has happened in the comics before.
Just a thought, the trouble with merging current Xmen into MCU is the Maximoff twins. Unless they explain it away with a different timeline thing. We can’t have had two Quicksilvers with different origin stories.

Unless maybe both truly are kids of Magneto in MCU and that’s why the mind stone made them so powerful - it unlocked their X gene.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Just a thought, the trouble with merging current Xmen into MCU is the Maximoff twins. Unless they explain it away with a different timeline thing. We can’t have had two Quicksilvers with different origin stories.

Unless maybe both truly are kids of Magneto in MCU and that’s why the mind stone made them so powerful - it unlocked their X gene.
Yes you can, just explain that everyone can exist in any timeline but how they come into existence can be different.

Here is a great video about the possible future of MCU by a great comic Youtuber

JimiNutz

Banned
For me personally I'd like to see more grounded villains in the next phase and a lot more Spider-Man since he's my favorite Marvel character outside of the X-Men. Both Wilson Fisk and Norman Osborne should be introduced in the next phase and eventually build to a Sinister Six movie once they've introduced a few more of Spider-Man's other villains. I actually would like Spider-Man to be the main focus of the next phase as I think he's the hero with the most 'star power' and also has the best rogues gallery in Marvel.

Introducing Fisk means that they could also finally introduce Daredevil into the MCU. I know Daredevil has been on TV already but he's another of my favourite Marvel characters and a gritty/street level MCU film is something we haven't seen yet and would make a nice change from the usual Disney flavoured films.

I'd then like to see the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom introduced in the next phase with the Silver Surfer and Galactus saved for the phase after that (phase 6?).
Doom is such a brilliant villain and needs to be done justice on screen. Silver Surfer and Galactus make for another nice epic cosmic storyline further down the line.

For the X-Men I want them to appear as soon as possible. I heard they are saving them for at least phase 5 at the earliest though and I'm not sure how they are going to get them in as mutants with established powers unless they come from another dimension/timeline.

Flintty

All the Netflix series’ are canon within the MCU. They’ve burned Fisk already but in the best possible way - he was superb.

JimiNutz

Banned
All the Netflix series’ are canon within the MCU. They’ve burned Fisk already but in the best possible way - he was superb.

I'm sure they can find a way to work him in. He's such an important Marvel character and a brilliant villain. Fisk, Doom, Osborne, Magneto etc. I want to see these villains in the MCU over the next 3 phases.

They have access to all of these amazing villains now. They already have plenty of heroes so they need to work on bringing in some of these awesome, more grounded, villains in my opinion.

Flintty

Yes you can, just explain that everyone can exist in any timeline but how they come into existence can be different.

Here is a great video about the possible future of MCU by a great comic Youtuber

Thats a good video but his point about Cap messing the timestream is wrong. In staying in the past he set off an alternate ‘branch’ of time and then travelled back across to hand over the shield at the end. This has been confirmed in a Q&A:

Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Here is another take on how the Black Widow movie can introduce Mutants.

Thats a good video but his point about Cap messing the timestream is wrong. In staying in the past he set off an alternate ‘branch’ of time and then travelled back across to hand over the shield at the end. This has been confirmed in a Q&A:

Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

Ahh, that is a good plot point to know.

Basically, Marvel has a ton of easy ways to bring F4 and Mutants in. They just need to fucking do it...lol.

Last edited:

Flintty

Here is another take on how the Black Widow movie can introduce Mutants.

Ahh, that is a good plot point to know.

Basically, Marvel has a ton of easy ways to bring F4 and Mutants in. They just need to fucking do it...lol.

Yup, and I can’t wait! What I said previously about worrying about my enjoyment falls to bits when I think about the acquisition of Fox :)

I hope they get Gambit and Rogue right <3

Atrus

Gold Member
I think they’ll use the ‘undusting’ as it were to claim that Tony Stark didn’t just return things to normal but also attempted to give Humanity an edge.

Mutants, which have always existed in the background (Wolverine, Magneto, Professor X etc) are now becoming more numerous.

Similarly, the magical balance that existed is now upended with the elimination of the Infinity Stones. The Ancient One herself states that her universe would face dire consequences if their stones weren’t returned and guess which universe now doesn’t have any? The main MCU one.

The New Avengers (Ultimates? Ultimate Avengers?) will be created but we won’t really know the full cast as is but also additional teams will appear (Fantastic Four, X-men) because clearly, the Avengers weren’t enough to stop the threat the last go. Maybe it’ll lead to an Avengers vs. X-Men film.

A number of franchises will continue but as ensemble films like Captain America.

They’ll go with Falcon as the New Captain before passing it on to Bucky to continue the Captain America franchise.

Iron Man 3 kid, which was at the funeral for no good reason, ends up taking on the Iron Man mantle.

Is there room for the young Avengers? Or Avengers Academy? You’ve got Spider-Man already, a similar in age Iron Lad of sorts, and Hawkeyes daughter so far. Not sure.

Depending on what happens with Scarlet Witch, Loki and Vision in the TV series, all 3 have young Avengers analogues. Black Widow is just a code name and there’ll be more.

She-Hulk is also a popular character and they might introduce her... somewhere. It also makes sense for merchandizing if you can get girls to buy into comics and toys as boys do in the genre.

We’ll finally see Adam Warlock and more of The Ravagers in GotG. I figure the Guardians might take a cast change as well.

Basically, the story will change as the cast members hang up their mantles.

The Living Tribunal would be a likely big bad akin to Thanos.

I bet the next villain in the MCU will be Kang. I was really hoping for an iron man flick where he fights Fin Fang Foom. I also think that MCU will put a huge focus on Wolverine and Fantastic 4.

pramod

Banned
I know this sounds cheesy but I can think of one potential way they can introduce mutants. They can say the mutants were there all along but their existence was wiped from peoples memories by Professor X. This is kind of how they introduced The Sentry.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
The loss of Iron Man/RDJ instantly killed all interest In future films. I can’t imagine anyone taking his mantel.
Wolverine, he is so much more popular than iron man and adding him to the mcu will carry it through at least 2 more phases. Add in a great actor for Reed Richards and make some good xmen movies and nobody will really miss stark.

I know this sounds cheesy but I can think of one potential way they can introduce mutants. They can say the mutants were there all along but their existence was wiped from peoples memories by Professor X. This is kind of how they introduced The Sentry.

Not a bad idea, simple too.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Hopefully no more marvel movies C tier superhere movies.
I would rather watch B tier superhero movies like X-men or A tier like Bat-man that you can watch 20 years later and not cringe.

Last edited:

goldenpp72

Wolverine, he is so much more popular than iron man and adding him to the mcu will carry it through at least 2 more phases. Add in a great actor for Reed Richards and make some good xmen movies and nobody will really miss stark.

Can wolverine really hang with the new group though? Compared to Strange and captain marvel it seems like he would be outclassed. He isn't exactly a leader type either.

Pagusas

Elden Member

I was speaking more about RDJ, his charisma and talent he brought to the cast. The man IS the MCU to me. Movies without him in them are less appealing to me than movies with him in them. Spiderman Homecoming was a better movie because of RDJ to me. Civil War was only good because of RDJ. Every Avengers film he has been the best actor, best character and best plot line. Its not hard to understand why I think his absence will collapse the whole thing (specifically for me, others have different views of course)

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Can wolverine really hang with the new group though? Compared to Strange and captain marvel it seems like he would be outclassed. He isn't exactly a leader type either.
I mean, he is an equal to captain america in power level, though he is more of a killer. We don't need him to be a leader, we got plenty of those.

I was speaking more about RDJ, his charisma and talent he brought to the cast. The man IS the MCU to me. Movies without him in them are less appealing to me than movies with him in them. Spiderman Homecoming was a better movie because of RDJ to me. Civil War was only good because of RDJ. Every Avengers film he has been the best actor, best character and best plot line. Its not hard to understand why I think his absence will collapse the whole thing (specifically for me, others have different views of course)
I am not going to argue that RDJ was the MCU, but that doesn't mean another good casting job for wolverine couldn't replace him in the next movies. I understand your sentiment though.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Also now with the whole alternate timelines thing out of pandoras box, seems to me the logical next big villain should be Kang the Conqueror. Also it would be something different, i think having another big cosmic threat like Galactus would feel kind of repetitive.

Last edited:

Xiaoki

Kevin Feige has said that Phase 4 was already planned out and that he won't introduce the X-Men in Phase 4, so no X-Men until 2025 at the earliest.

The best bet before 2025 is that Bob Iger said that he wants more R-rated Deadpool movies but they won't be distributed by Disney and therefore not a part of the MCU or Feige's Phase 4 plans.

Last edited:
Kevin Feige has said that Phase 4 was already planned out and that he won't introduce the X-Men in Phase 4, so no X-Men until 2025 at the earliest.

The best bet before 2025 is that Bob Iger said that he wants more R-rated Deadpool movies but they won't be distributed by Disney.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that plan changes. Maybe not full fledged X-Men or F4 movies but teases and cameos here and there in Phase 4.

Of course I could be wrong. I guess we will just have to wait and see

Top Bottom