• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the f*ck are my PC gamepass games?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Maybe I am being a dumbass but how do I find out which drive a gamepass PC game is installed on. I have multiple drives with games installed on them, but I am struggling to find which drive a particular game is installed on.

Phase

Games and files from the Microsoft store / Xbox app are installed to the this path by default: C:/Program Files/WindowsApps (Hidden items). To check hidden items, open This PC, click View and select Hidden items.

At least, that's what I read. Just tried it on my pc and access is restricted but you can fool around with stuff. Microsoft being Microsoft.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Sea Mar GIF by jorgemariozuleta

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Pick a random game to download, it will ask you where to store, you can find the location that way
I have them installed on at least 3 drives. One drive is close to full and I need to figure out what is installed on there. Guess I will try that hidden files approach, but I thought you had to take ownership of the folders to be able to see anything and that can cause problems.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I have them installed on at least 3 drives. One drive is close to full and I need to figure out what is installed on there. Guess I will try that hidden files approach, but I thought you had to take ownership of the folders to be able to see anything and that can cause problems.
You will have to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder. No problems after that AFAIK.

SLB1904

Banned
If you have multiple drives. Just select each of them.

elliot5

Maybe I am being a dumbass but how do I find out which drive a gamepass PC game is installed on. I have multiple drives with games installed on them, but I am struggling to find which drive a particular game is installed on.
right click the game icon on the Xbox app, select View Details -> Files tab and it should say which drive it is installed on. Change the default in the settings menu (Click profile icon, settings). With the new release (may still be in Insiders?) you can change the drive and folder location of (some) apps installed via the Xbox PC app too

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If you have uninstalled the games, sometimes is stuck, so press winkey type... well I don't know now, since I am using Czech win.

so here: Disk cleanup in Windows (microsoft.com)

And you might find one entry to be large, so check that and hit "clean" or "ok" that way you will purge them from your drive.

Just go to your apps, and find whatever game you are looking for, and it'll show what drives it's on. Or you can even sort by drive, and find your game.

Top Bottom