• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is my SMTV!!?

smbu2000

Well they just released the 3 hd remaster back in Oct.
It’s probably going to be a wait for V to release. At least this time they don’t have to worry about releasing it on two platforms at the same time like with the remaster on Switch/PS4.

That reminds me that I have to continue my game on the remaster. I got the Switch LE box as a Christmas present.

Oh ok, it's a dancing jrpg.

I saw this one on the shelf:

2874036-p4danstrp.jpg

It's strange looking but doesn't look like something I would buy. Especially for $60 or $70.

Wrong move. Where will you get Japanese games fix?

PlayStation is a Western company now.
Playstation was always a western company, they just got a bunch of japanese devs by default. Where else were they going to go? N64? Pippin?

I mean they couldn't find a Japanese third party game to be there mascot so they chose Orange Bandicoot. Also advertised Tomb Raider and Twisted Metal as priority A before marketing a Japanese game.

FF7 being the lone exception.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Oh ok, it's a dancing jrpg.

I saw this one on the shelf:
What part of the trailer I posted looks like a dancing game? The game you are talking about is spin-off the main game same way there is dynasty game for Fire Emblem and other IPs, it’s not how main game plays.

It’s crazy to think this was announced back when the Switch came out 4 years ago. I was hyped to buy a Switch for it.

we’ve waited this long so it’s not gonna hurt waiting longer. Honestly i’m more excited for Persona 6 and that’s a fucking long ass way off.

Danjin44

Honestly i’m more excited for Persona 6 and that’s a fucking long ass way off.
I don't know, I enjoyed Persona a lot but I'm really craving SMT and personally I consider SMT better RPG both in dungeon design and boss fights.

One thing Persona 6 needs to do is change formula just like How Persona 3 did after Persona 2, since Hashino moved on to new studio, new team needs make their own Persona.

I don't know, I enjoyed Persona a lot but I'm really craving SMT and personally I consider SMT better RPG both in dungeon design and boss fights.

One thing Persona 6 needs to do is change formula just like How Persona 3 did after Persona 2, since Hashino moved on to new studio, new team needs make their own Persona.
Persona 5 is the best selling game in the series. They ain’t changing their formula.

EDMIX

One thing Persona 6 needs to do is change formula just like How Persona 3 did after Persona 2

God no.

The Persona 3-5 set up is why the series is as popular as it is. I think they are just fine with this formula and i'd argue you are more likely to see a remake of Persona 1 and 2 to even fit the concept they already have going with 3-5. Look at what Sega did with the Yakuza 1 and 2 remake, i would not be shocked to see a remake of both games made in the concept of 3-5 as that is what they did with Yakuza bringing it up to speed with the animation, engine, gameplay concepts etc of the current titles.

Last thing they need to do is ruin a good thing. They are quite fine with where they are at, especially with Persona 5 now being the best selling Persona title.

"If they don’t then series going to get staggered."

I see zero evidence of this, Persona 5 literally being the best selling title in the series says otherwise. Persona 6 is a insta buy, day 1 for me with that set up. I'm quite fine with the formula and see no reason to mess with it now.

Make a new IP if they want a different concept imho.

Last edited:

Danjin44

God no.

The Persona 3-5 set up is why the series is as popular as it is. I think they are just fine with this formula and i'd argue you are more likely to see a remake of Persona 1 and 2 to even fit the concept they already have going with 3-5. Look at what Sega did with the Yakuza 1 and 2 remake, i would not be shocked to see a remake of both games made in the concept of 3-5 as that is what they did with Yakuza bringing it up to speed with the animation, engine, gameplay concepts etc of the current titles.

Last thing they need to do is ruin a good thing. They are quite fine with where they are at, especially with Persona 5 now being the best selling Persona title.

"If they don’t then series going to get staggered."

I see zero evidence of this, Persona 5 literally being the best selling title in the series says otherwise. Persona 6 is a insta buy, day 1 for me with that set up. I'm quite fine with the formula and see no reason to mess with it now.

Make a new IP if they want a different concept imho.
As much as I enjoyed P5 i'm kind of getting tired of that formula to be honest with you.

EDMIX

As much as I enjoyed P5 i'm kind of getting tired of that formula to be honest with you.

ovgwcpzafpfzzp8pcyhv.gif

lol

Of all people, I'm quite shocked. I'd say, you better simply play another IP as I see no reason for them to change up what they have when its already the only damn game even doing what its doing. For god sakes, they literally have SMTV, be hype for that, play that, hope for SMTVI etc, but I see no reason to seek Persona 6 to not have the same formula when we don't even have a damn second do this, what other series even doing what Persona is doing right now?

School hoe by day (don't judge my fucking choices to be a hoe with my social links please)
Fight demons by night?

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ from Falcom tried to do be a Persona game, it was not as good even if the dungeons were a lot of fun (this could be considered a Dragon Slayer spin-off)

tokyo-xanadu-ex_2018-02-06_017.jpg

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a very nice game that a lot of people sleep on imo. I guess that could be considered another spin-off tho as it was also an Atlus game (it was even called TMS instead of SMT).

aAu09FF2C9nKyk7P16jJSdLBdnvX50NxexpM1CaOa1SF9f_Z0ocYxNdRKp8e1aUlPpouFK-W2U459iaAbC98TNn66qvPswxrVfpYdq3zIYizX9sfU7qDu6u2l6J1CzEJZqipMigndt9EKNakmrOgy8qN3pEAJg

cireza

Banned

On another note, Tokyo Mirage was awesome, I greatly enjoyed the game (completed it two times).

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Wrong move. Where will you get Japanese games fix?

PlayStation is a Western company now.
Could’ve fooled me with the PS4. That being said, even the Series X is getting Japanese games now so it’s not like the game’s aren’t there so I’m down to see what happens. Sega supporting them is a no brainier considering the history but Call me when Guilty Gear Strive, the new Tales game and others. Sure the switch is going to get some of the Japanese stuff I like but definitely not all and especially at the level I expect.

To be a SMT fan require lots of patience.

MediaHandler.ashx
looking at this I truly wonder how much the story changed between conception and release. This really looked like it was going for a darker tone from the jump and nothing but color scheme was kept.

Top Bottom