• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do Naughty Dog go with their next IP?

What will ND do next?

• Uncharted (new protagonist)

• Uncharted (Drake returns)

• The Last of Us III

• Jak 4 (Traditional sequel)

• Sci-Fi IP (New)

• Unknown/unannounced

Results are only viewable after voting.

cormack12

Gold Member
I don’t care for political rhetoric....

So many right wingers triggered here.

933.gif

Three burner accounts couldn't resist in here so far.....clocked ;)

Niked

So many right wingers triggered here. lol They make very good games. Hopefully it’s a brand new ip.
So nice to see a soy latte boy that drink the identity politics cool aid like a champ. Keep rocking the movment of puttning people against each other and make women like men and men like women.

ND already tipped their hands that they’re intending to make a GaaS MP suite for factions to be released separately for TLOU2, so it appears that’s the next project on their slate.

Otherwise, I think they should continue the 3rd person narrative focus. If I could have my wishlist, I’d like to see them tackle a game design akin to Bioshock and PREY. Bigger worlds aren’t what we’re craving, but denser ones and I think ND is well-equipped for such a project.

Woggleman

At least on this board I can express left wing opinions and not get banned. On the other board you stray the slightest bit from the woke narrative and they ban you.

Kokoloko85

Savage Starlight...
its the only option.

or a New, Larger and different Uncharted game. Id like to see Drake have the option to fly off to multiple areas around the globe,
do the usual shit, solve puzzles, be a detective, Climb, swim, platform, stealth, action but in any order you want.
Larger areas and levels that resemble metroidvania Esk /tomb raiding lol....that made no sense but I want it.

Still have the story and linear levels, but give me some open metroivania type tombs, caverns, temples and massive areas to go through

Would be nice if they attempted to put gameplay first just once. All they've done for 2 gens is third person cover shooters with nearly identical gameplay.

Stripping away gameplay for realism is not very impressive to me. It's more impressive to me to see a fully realized fantasy world like in the new God of War, with gameplay being the focus front and center. It takes more balls to make up the whole setting and allow yourself to branch out into expressive gameplay, even when it's not realistic - and to make that work.

They really don't impress me anymore. Hard to believe these guys ever made platformers on PS2.

So nice to see a soy latte boy that drink the identity politics cool aid like a champ. Keep rocking the movment of puttning people against each other and make women like men and men like women.
Anti woke is right wing. I didn’t state anything false. The topic is about naughty dogs next project and all I see is triggered righties talking about their ideological beliefs. lol

try something new. how about that?

whatever it is i'm not touching it as long as that Druckmann character is involved.
cyberpunk_2077_transphobic_ad_1245725.jpg

Something like this actually would be cool if ND was not such woke trash these days. I remember a time when we could play as female characters in video games, and not have to be preached at or worry about who it was offending.
Yet here you are preaching and offended.

I hope their next title is a fusion of Jak and the ICO trilogy.
31b1976d08d1a79bd8cbc484311d6d4f.jpg

81439247_2814895675215529_1638666044814315979_n.jpg

2c1e9554ecf73ab9e832f3fcb1246808.jpg

No guns. Just Eco powers and a blade and bow.

Javthusiast

Banned
Last of Us 3 will probably happen by the end of ps5 life, so my hope is the other team does something completely new next, since Uncharted is hopefully done for good. Personally despite being a fan, I don‘t need a new one with their daughter. The formula is kinda played out.

EDMIX

Naughty Dog likes Drake too much for them to move on from him

That might apply more to Sony, as they could get another team to continue it while Naughty Dog's 2 teams move on.

I see them making a new IP as I think that is what the Uncharted 4 team is doing right now and I see the other half working on The Last Of Us 3. The Last Of Us 2 being number 1 for PS4 pre-orders on Amazon, I see them basically having their say in where the team goes, but ultimately, new IP or not, The Last Of Us 3 is basically happening.

Oddvintagechap Oddvintagechap "Yet here you are preaching and offended" THANK YOU!

I never get how gamers spent all this time talking about other people being offended and that to leave developers alone as they can put as many males in their games as they want....

Proceeds to get feelings hurt, preaches to boycott game and continues to get offended lol

Do they not understand they are basically the other side of the same coin or?

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Full SJW no holding back anything. Anyways I want less movie walking simulator games, maybe go make a new platformer.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Whatever Naughty Dog makes nowadays is golden so I know they'll choose wisely

I would love to see them do a space horror or a superhero game 🔥

Woggleman

If they do make SP DLC for TLOU2 I want it to be a prequel with Tommy and Joel right after the infection happens. I would like to see society as it is falling apart and see Joel's descent into the killer he became. The game can end with Tommy linking up with Marlene and Joel linking up with Tess and they both go their seperate ways.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
If they do make SP DLC for TLOU2 I want it to be a prequel with Tommy and Joel right after the infection happens. I would like to see society as it is falling apart and see Joel's descent into the killer he became. The game can end with Tommy linking up with Marlene and Joel linking up with Tess and they both go their seperate ways.
I think this idea would be really cool

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
That might apply more to Sony, as they could get another team to continue it while Naughty Dog's 2 teams move on.

I see them making a new IP as I think that is what the Uncharted 4 team is doing right now and I see the other half working on The Last Of Us 3. The Last Of Us 2 being number 1 for PS4 pre-orders on Amazon, I see them basically having their say in where the team goes, but ultimately, new IP or not, The Last Of Us 3 is basically happening.

Oddvintagechap Oddvintagechap "Yet here you are preaching and offended" THANK YOU!

I never get how gamers spent all this time talking about other people being offended and that to leave developers alone as they can put as many males in their games as they want....

Proceeds to get feelings hurt, preaches to boycott game and continues to get offended lol

Do they not understand they are basically the other side of the same coin or?
Uncharted 5

Top Bottom