• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do Naughty Dog go with their next IP?

What will ND do next?

• Uncharted (new protagonist)

• Uncharted (Drake returns)

• The Last of Us III

• Jak 4 (Traditional sequel)

• Sci-Fi IP (New)

• Unknown/unannounced

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ps5ProFoSho

I feel like they need to recover from this whole TLOU2 shitnado 🌪 and make a new uncharted-type franchise with a new storyline and protagonist that doesn't push some dumbass agenda and is just good and fun and groundbreaking like uncharted was when it first came out.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
something that's not a fucking 3rd person shooter PLEASE!

THEAP99

Banned
whatever it is, it should be a new IP. i would not mind if they tried changing the open-world formula and redefine how stories are told in open-world games.

they'd probably have to hire a lot more people though

Strider311

This Summer, the question of whether or not love can bloom on the battlefield will finally be answered in... Naughty Dog Presents: Metal Gear.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I see ND being forever flip flopping between UC and LoU unless one of the series tanks hard, or they expand the studio and have a team making new J&D games along with the others.

Aside from a J&D Collection, ND didn't even make a J&D sequel for PS4.

UC with Drake will be next.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They will make new IP but we wont ever see ND make cartoony style games, this also true with Sucker Punch.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
They will make new IP but we wont ever see ND make cartoony style games, this also true with Sucker Punch.
Which is a good thing, they've grown way past it lol.

Something in the vein of Alien would be fucking awesome from them.

They definitely wouldn't mind crafting their own version of Ellen Ripley, strong alpha female and all that.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I want Firefly/Serenity the videogame, might be a good fit for ND in all honesty.

Throw in some cowboy bebop maybe , so we can have cool tech and i would probably love it.

i love Firefly, but don’t want any one writing and directing it but whedon and the other original writers.

Keihart

i love Firefly, but don’t want any one writing and directing it but whedon and the other original writers.
I didn't meant an IP tie in, but more like something in the style off.
Just like Uncharted it's kinda like all the Indiana Jones movies of the genre combined, but not Indiana Jones exactly.

93xfan

Banned
I didn't meant an IP tie in, but more like something in the style off.
Just like Uncharted it's kinda like all the Indiana Jones movies of the genre combined, but not Indiana Jones exactly.

Gotcha. This avatar I have isn’t just for show. I make sure Firefly posts don’t get out of hand.

Now the only other sentences I wanna hear with Firefly and Naughty Dog together should be referring to The Last of Us. :p

Keihart

Gotcha. This avatar I have isn’t just for show. I make sure Firefly posts don’t get out of hand.

Now the only other sentences I wanna hear with Firefly and Naughty Dog together should be referring to The Last of Us. :p
I'm a leaf in the wind, watch how i soar.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Whatever game it is, I hope it isn't dark and depressing.
I think ND moved away from more light hearted games in fact most western developers have with rare exception like Ubisoft making games like Mario + Rabbits once in a blue moon. Thats mostly related to what I talked about before, western developers are desperately trying to make gaming as "mature" industry, which lead to make mostly realistic looking games with dark story.

Last edited:

MrJTeera

Where’s my Cutter & Chloe reunion game, Naughty Dog?
tumblr_m3a03wN5Ui1qgajhoo1_500.gifv

Solarstrike

Take that demo of Unreal Engine V and add Nathan Drake or Chloe as the main character. Call it Uncharted Worlds. Open world, along with a map/level editor for the Community to make and share treasure hunts, game modes, whatnot. Yes, there would probably be countless quests from ResetEra for "Find the Golden Penis" but hey

Handel

The only great games the company has made were the Crash games and to some extent the Jak games. So back to that or something else that isn't some cinematic shooter which they are pretty bad at pulling off in my view, though obviously lots of people love it.

turtlepowa

Banned
Something completely new in another genre would be great, but since TLOU2 will get 90+, i bet it will be a story focused 3rd person action adventure......

Aidah

I don't know, but I'm sure it's something that focuses way more on the passive parts rather than the active, and won't have any standout gameplay or gameplay innovation. On top of that it's probably going to have a focus on incorporating "progressive" nonsense, especially the things that are trending in their little world.

Personally, ND has become one of the least interesting Playstation Studios. The only thing I'm still interested in is some of their tech.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
I don't know, but I'm sure it's something that focuses way more on the passive parts rather than the active, and won't have any standout gameplay or gameplay innovation. On top of that it's probably going to have a focus on incorporating "progressive" ideology.

Personally, ND has become one of the least interesting Playstation Studios. The only thing I'm still interested in is some of their tech.
Why though, just to be even more bitter and angry at them for pushing boundaries on your most hated piece of plastic?
You obviously never played their games given your history of thrashing on everything good they ever made and dare to deny U4 god tier shooting.
Hope to see it as soon as possibile on PC and with active multiplayer so we can have at least one faction less spreading nonsense on these titles.

Aidah

Why though, just to be even more bitter and angry at them for pushing boundaries on your most hated piece of plastic?
You obviously never played their games given your history of thrashing on everything good they ever made and dare to deny U4 god tier shooting.
Hope to see it as soon as possibile on PC and with active multiplayer so we can have at least one faction less spreading nonsense on these titles.
Eject me from your console war and brand loyalty idiocy.

I'm interested in their tech because it's actually great.

I've also played everything they've put out except Lost Legacy, because I didn't find Uncharted 4 enjoyable enough to want more like it.

Shrap

The salt in this thread is embarrassing. It's just as whiny as resetera but with the exact opposite political viewpoint.

On topic: I want them to make something completely different for their next game. A new IP with completely different gameplay; linear is still fine as open world games are already oversaturating the market.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Eject me from your console war and brand loyalty idiocy.
Your post history is publicly available to clear minds on the matter, from me on the other hand you’ll never read CW or downplaying of things i never had my hands on since i’m grown enough and tend to value preservation of dignity. Gunplay is definitely not Uncharted 4 problem, in fact my main issue with the game is that there’s not nearly enough of it. In the campaign.

I'm interested in their tech because it's actually great.

I've also played everything they've put out except Lost Legacy, because I didn't find Uncharted 4 enjoyable enough to want more like it.
Lost Legacy is a very different game to the point it almost feels like a different genre, if it wasn’t for characters i don’t care for would be probably one of my favourites of the generation. Might be worth to check.

Aidah

Your post history is publicly available to clear minds on the matter, from me on the other hand you’ll never read CW or downplaying of things i never had my hands on since i’m grown enough and tend to value preservation of dignity. Gunplay is definitely not Uncharted 4 problem, in fact my main issue with the game is that there’s not nearly enough of it. In the campaign.

Lost Legacy is a very different game to the point it almost feels like a different genre, if it wasn’t for characters i don’t care for would be probably one of my favourites of the generation. Might be worth to check.

Yeah, my post history is publicly available and obviously from it my opinions aren't affected by brand and "plastic box". I also wouldn't judge something I didn't try, other people's opinions are largely worthless to me and I certainly wouldn't go by them.

Also, I know Lost Legacy is supposed to be different, I've looked into it, but I don't have enough enthusiasm for it overall to want to play through it, at least not any time soon.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Yeah, my post history is publicly available and obviously from it my opinions aren't affected by brand.
I’d say just one brand seems to affect your opinions, no matter the game, the genre, or devs making the game.
But it’s all good, just wish i could add you on PSN to show you what god tier shooting mechanics look like.

Also, I know Lost Legacy is supposed to be different, I've looked into it, but I don't have enough enthusiasm for it overall to want to play through it, at least not any time soon.
And that’s perfectly understandable.

Vick

Gold Member
I honestly don't know what you're talking about.
You know what? You’re absolutely right, i shamelessly got you confused with another user and didn’t even bothered to check before posting. I was in a rush, sincere apologies.

cireza

Banned
Rings of Power 2 would eventually have me interested in one of their games for once.

rings-of-power-megadrive-pal-euro-occasion.jpg

Not sure that the cheat code you can input in this game to make the woman topless would work so well with them nowadays though.
maxresdefault.jpg

obin_gam

Open world 3p Sci Fi Adventure weherin you navigate the political sphere of trying to keep the 13 colonies of Kobolt afloat after a Third Cylon War.

Strategize

It's not my job to tell them what to make, it's their art.

I'd rather it not be another Uncharted though, I'd probably still play it, I'd just rather they not.

Niked

The salt in this thread is embarrassing. It's just as whiny as resetera but with the exact opposite political viewpoint.

On topic: I want them to make something completely different for their next game. A new IP with completely different gameplay; linear is still fine as open world games are already oversaturating the market.
You can be embarrassing. Its valid point to be upset about. Identity politics is aweful and are puttning people against each other

I want them to split in two teams in 70-30 ratio.

Bigger team to work on new sci fi next gen ip.
Smaller team on Jak 4 on PS4 itself.

that would be great.

Top Bottom