• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do Naughty Dog go with their next IP?

What will ND do next?

• Uncharted (new protagonist)

• Uncharted (Drake returns)

• The Last of Us III

• Jak 4 (Traditional sequel)

• Sci-Fi IP (New)

• Unknown/unannounced

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nathan daughter? nah fuck that shit, either a young sully or new characters

and a scifi game

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I want a SciFi, but less Mass Effect clean like this poster, and more gritty like the concept art in the OP. But not Cyberpunk one planet. Universe exploration much like The Expanse.

Fuck it, make a video game based on The Expanse. It's got politics, so there is already a leg up!

Matsuchezz

Whatever they feel like, the have chosen a path were they are going to include diversity into their main characters, I am all for it. If the story is good i will be there, technically they are on the top. We probably won't hear from them in a couple of years when they unveil their first trailer of their next game. Probably they are on pre production and they are still building concepts now.
They used to abandon IPs once the generation was over, they did not do it with UC, i hope they do it this time. And we see a completely new IP.

Last edited:

Keihart

I want Firefly/Serenity the videogame, might be a good fit for ND in all honesty.

Throw in some cowboy bebop maybe , so we can have cool tech and i would probably love it.

Moogle11

Banned
I don’t necessarily care as long as they keep making amazing, cinematic narrative-driven games like Uncharted and TLOU. New IP and a different setting, maybe sci-fi ir Fantasy, could be cool.

No interest in things like Crash ir Jak and Daxter. Nintendo scratches my rare itch these days to play a platformer/mascot type game

That said, I voted Uncharted as that’s probably the safer bet. Either another Chloe/Nadine game (fine by me as I love Lost Legacy), Drake’s Daughter, Sam ir maybe a Sulky-focused prequel. With their huge budgets, new IP at the scope of Uncharted/TLOU is probably too big a risk.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean this genuinely. Anywhere but where TLoU 2 seems to be going with how it depicts it’s characters.

Make an amazing, fun game, without a trace of woke, please. Naughty Dog games from Crash to Jak to Uncharted to TLoU, seem to excel at transporting people to different, fantastic worlds. Focus entirely on that, and leave the nonsense behind.

Fbh

I'd love to see them go with Sci Fi / Space Fantasy
For as many games as there are set in space, there aren't a whole lot of ND style cinematic games in that settings. Not to mention that their top tier visuals and animations combined with alien worlds and technologies could give some awesome results.

Would be nice though if they let someone else direct instead of Druckmann. Maybe give it to whoever directed Uncharted The Lost Legacy since it was better than UC4 despite the lower scope (and probably budget)

Last edited:

Brock2621

I loved Naughty Dog for the past 20 years but I’m worried they’ve bled too much talent to push out another Uncharted 2 or original Last of Us quality game next gen. I have no doubt it’ll look fantastic with the endless overhead of next gen, but wary of its poignancy in concept, story, emotional resonance and player enjoyment.

Last edited:

YCoCg

It would be nice if they could revisit the concept art for that "realistic Jak" game they were working on but spin it off into it's own new game, some of those designs looked insane.

Grinchy

Banned
Something new, please. Uncharted is played out and it'd be way too early for another Lezzed of Us game. Put that amazing tech talent into something we haven't seen before and keep the agenda out of it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't understand why anyone would want an Uncharted game with Nate and Elena's daughter. Her character is forgettable as there is nothing special about her in the epilogue. Why would a family of archelogists who are now successful, famous and rich go the black market route? Lost Legacy showed that a mix of Chloe, Nadine & Sam is the way forward with support from Sully and Cutter.

Have two teams, A team with new IP (Savage Starlight) and second team working on new chapters of Uncharted led by Chloe and Nadine.

Vick

Gold Member
Lost Legacy showed that a mix of Chloe, Nadine & Sam is the way forward with support from Sully and Cutter.

Have two teams, A team with new IP (Savage Starlight) and second team working on new chapters of Uncharted led by Chloe and Nadine.
But why? You’d really prefer Chloe, Nadine and Sam (possibly my least favourite characters in the series) over young Nate, Sully and Eddie, which was established to have a long history with Drake even before Eye of Indra?

At this point give us a remake of Golden Abyss on PS5 so i can play that and ignore the series gioing forward with Tomb Raider rip offs.

Vawn

Banned
No more Uncharted please. It was great, but honestly it should have just stayed as a PS3 thing. Time for new IPs for a new generation.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't know about an Uncharted with Cassie. Wouldn't that go against what they did with A Thief's End? I thought the whole point was that Nate & Elena were now out of the dangerous life, but were still travelling & going on adventures. You know, raising their daughter to satisfy her natural curiosity & get that adrenaline kick, but without having to get into gun fights & almost killed multiple times. I thought that was what the ending was going for.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
But why? You’d really prefer Chloe, Nadine and Sam (possibly my least favourite characters in the series) over young Nate, Sully and Eddie, which was established to have a long history with Drake even before Eye of Indra?

At this point give us a remake of Golden Abyss on PS5 so i can play that and ignore the series gioing forward with Tomb Raider rip offs.
Drake's story is done. Going back to earlier moments in Nate's life would take away from the point of Uncharted 4 being Drake's swansong. I think Sam was an awful character in U4 but was a better character in Lost Legacy.

I'd be okay with a re-release of Golden Abyss. Love my vita.

Azurro

Banned
No interest in their next game. But you can throw a dart at a random victim identity and you'll be pretty close. Maybe the first AAA game about a mentally disabled gay black latino kid in a wheelchair that also somehow vaults over chest high walls and murders hundreds of mercenaries...actually that sounds awesome, I'd play that. :D

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
New IP then TLOU3.

We don't need Cracker in the Jungle back even though I'd like to see more prequel games after playing Golden Abyss.

Business

New studio takes over the Uncharted franchise to continue without Drake or at least not beyond 4’s timeline. ND creates a new franchise, sci-fi seems plausible.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Time for a new IP. Something similar to Prince of Persia would be great, should be narrative-based, linear game with characters inspired from Middle Eastern fiction.

But this will never happen.

Top Bottom