• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When people say things like, "Playstation 2 is the greatest console ever"... why do they even bother buying subsequent hardware?

teezzy

Banned
I think the creator of this thread is telling us about himself, more than he realized.

I can barely able to even understand the kind of state of mind one has to be in, to believe in things the way he does.

14841cade215fde8a5b559f3219be271.gif

Woo-Fu

Banned
When somebody says they had the best hamburger ever why don't they starve themselves to death after that?

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
The main reason is because that generation has all the GREATEST games, and the greatest library in general, IMO.

Burnout 1, 2, Takedown, and Revenge
Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3
Final Fantasy X, XII (maybe not the best gen for FF, but still)
Gran Turismo 3, 4
God of War 1, 2
GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas
Hitman 2, Contracts, Blood Money
Jak 1, 2, 3, X
Katamari Damacy, We Love Katamari
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2
MGS 2, 3
NFS Underground 1, 2, Most Wanted, Carbon
Prince of Persia SoT, WW, TTT
Ratchet 1, 2, 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, RE4
Silent Hill 2, 3, 4
Sly 1, 2, 3
SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1, 2, Persona 3, 4
Soulcalibur 2, 3
Tekken 4, 5, Tag Tournament

... and so on. Many of these series had their best games on the PS2 generation. Many were so good, they were remastered for the PS3 and the PS4.

The PS3 had a great library, but In my opinion it doesn't compare to the PS2's. In terms of hardware, the PS3 was probably the worst. The developers have often said that the PS3 was difficult to make games for. For example, Kazunori Yamauchi has said that GT5 took so long to make because of it. Also, the multiplatform games often looked better on Xbox 360. The PS4 is great in terms of hardware, and the games are awesome, but the library is still not as good as on the PS2.

BootsLoader

Banned
Pink Floyd and The Beatles are the best rock bands ever existed (at least in my opinion and general opinion). That doesn’t mean that I will never ever in my life listen to other rock bands.

killatopak

Gold Member
I mean my childhood and teenage years was the best part of my life. Might as well kill myself.

Or maybe, we’re looking forward to even better things?

Top Bottom