• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When is NX Gamer Tech Analysis on MSFS2020?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I'd guess it will depend on if he has a PC that is powerful enough to do it justice.

NXGamer NXGamer any plans here or is it a no go?

Thats what I was thinking.

Pretty sure his test machines are all mid/low range machines.
So he wouldnt really be able to get this game at higher settings and would have to guess what it would look and run like with something more powerful.

Even his Avengers analysis was with mid/lowrange cards.
RTX 2070 and 5600XT.

And his CPUs were 1700X and R5 3600(Lest im mistaken)......so again mid rangers.
If hes doing a mid range analysis then I guess it makes sense, but for people looking to see his opinion on the best of the best using older/weaker hardware will be a hindrance.

Patreon him so he gets an upgrade to both systems.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Lol like that is happening and piss off his viewers. People want to call digital foundry biased this guy is a joke. Trash halo fine it sucked but then skip the first nextgen game lol. Warrior away with Craig jokes next gen gamer or next Sony gamer.

onQ123

MSFS2020 has been confirmed for Xbox Series X. Analyzing it is no different than Halo Infinite.

Gif below taken from NXGamer analysis of Halo Infinite

8MGIn5D.gif

Does the game have a release date for console? he will have time to do it when the console version is shown or a representation of the console version is shown.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Point went over your head I see. MSFS2020 is a technical achievement, a dream to analyze, but he’s not interested in highlighting the good stuff on MS side.
It is because his viewers are pissed at the game it beat Sony to next generation. That and as you said is the first Microsoft game that can go toe to toe with Sony technically his viewers don't want to hear that. They want to hear about incompetent Microsoft, Craig jokes and how no one on earth can touch Sony on a technical level. People can complain about digital foundry but they don't skip the best technical game out there to save the feelings of thier viewers.

FranXico

MSFS2020 has been confirmed for Xbox Series X. Analyzing it is no different than Halo Infinite.

Gif below taken from NXGamer analysis of Halo Infinite

8MGIn5D.gif
He sometimes throws in humorous intros that have little to do with the actual content. Why don't you show his Road to PS5 analysis intro, where he makes fun of an overheating PS4 going nuclear?

Last edited:

onQ123

It is because his viewers are pissed at the game it beat Sony to next generation. That and as you said is the first Microsoft game that can go toe to toe with Sony technically his viewers don't want to hear that. They want to hear about incompetent Microsoft, Craig jokes and how no one on earth can touch Sony on a technical level. People can complain about digital foundry but they don't skip the best technical game out there to save the feelings of thier viewers.

LOL I haven't seen anyone attacking Flight Simulator I think you're deflecting

NXGamer

Hey, I am only one guy and I have to balance what I can do. I tweeted about MSFS2020 before the event and after and I am playing it this week. I also have a video planned once I finish of some other ones I have going on. This is nothing more than time and trying to pick stuff I like and can cover well enough. I only have around 4 hours on the game and I can confirm, I would never fly a plane with me at the helm :) Expect my analysis of that soon once I can land well enough to not get the *your dead screen.

As posted above, I cover as wide and as much as I can. Good games and tech is the teams more than the hardware, good hardware simply helps.

Last edited:

onQ123

Hey, I am only one guy and I have to balance what I can do. I tweeted about MSFS2020 before the event and after and I am playing it this week. I also have a video planned once I finish of some other ones I have going on. This is nothing more than time and trying to pick stuff I like and can cover well enough. I only have around 4 hours on the game and I can confirm, I would never fly a plane with me at the helm :) Expect my analysis of that soon once I can land well enough to not get the *your dead screen.

As posted above, I cover as wide and as much as I can. Good games and tech is the teams more than the hardware, good hardware simply helps.

Don't worry you're just a victim of the rift some people are having with Ratchet and Clank it's rifting Neogaf apart I'm hearing reports of a wombat being attacked because someone mistook it for a lombax.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Your content is pure quality. Keep it up!

Last edited:

pasterpl

It's a professional SIM, not a real game. Who really cares about it except a niche market and pilots?

Yeah, keep downplaying it...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

should we apply the same logic to all sim games? or is it, simply, one type of sim that it is not a game?

Last edited:
IIRC he has mentioned that he hasn't got an entire team assisting him, and most his work he is able to do on weekends.
I might not be remembering this right, but in any case unless you are paying him and have set deadlines for him to deliver, chillax :]

Funny how xbox boys all of sudden think MSFS is on their team, for almost 40 years it has been solely associated with PC, and we don't even know when it would be released on consoles
WTH is this trolling?
are you for real?

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
story is similar to what we have got with fm and gt games, oh sorry these are not games just sim racers...

lets ignore the impressive technology behind this game because it doesn’t have story (lol)

/s

Who said it's not impressive? It's wonderful. But it's no ordinary game, like many other hardcore sims in the PC field.

Chiggs

You do a great job. Appreciate the quality analysis you provide in your videos.

Last edited:
I'd guess it will depend on if he has a PC that is powerful enough to do it justice.

NXGamer NXGamer any plans here or is it a no go?

TBF he doesn't have a PS5 and still did a R&C analysis. Not having the hardware doesn't prevent an analysis.

Hopefully he does one soon. Even showing the differences across the highest settings and lower settings, that would be cool too. Only other analysis I've come across is DF's, and LGR did a review of it (which I still have to watch).

Vognerful

Does the game have a release date for console? he will have time to do it when the console version is shown or a representation of the console version is shown.
What does the console version has to do with this? Does he only review games that are on consoles?

Vognerful

Funny how xbox boys all of sudden think MSFS is on their team, for almost 40 years it has been solely associated with PC, and we don't even know when it would be released on consoles
Please avoid bringing your shitty fanboyism to this thread.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
geoderm or whatever his name is kept shitting on it in the game thread.

From a technical point of view, of Boeing, I think, elevating to unrealistic heights, and other major flaws of simulations. It's still an impressive looking simulator, not really sure about its accuracy.

Vognerful

HI thanks for responding. They guys here appreciate you more than Digital Foundry so I was looking forward to your video analysis. People here were saying though that you do not do PC games so I was not sure.

ethomaz

Banned
What does the console version has to do with this? Does he only review games that are on consoles?
He mostly does technical comparisons between consoles and PC... so if you don't have that how do you compare?
Just wait the Xbox version of the game and he will compare it with the PC in technical terms.

I don's see any issue with that.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

dont listen to these losers. you do you.

Vognerful

From a technical point of view, of Boeing, I think, elevating to unrealistic heights, and other major flaws of simulations. It's still an impressive looking simulator, not really sure about its accuracy.
the discussion was "are there people shitting on this game?". It was him arguing for too long that because the graphics are not that good when you get really close (like really close, a plan should not be allowed to be that close!) and then concludes that there is nothing great about the game.

Vognerful

He mostly does technical comparisons between consoles and PC... so if you don't have that how do you compare?
Just wait the Xbox version of the game and he will compare it with the PC in technical terms.

I don's see any issue with that.
I don't think that is true. Just go through his channels and you will find many videos on Sony Exclusive games and these are not on PC.

ethomaz

Banned
I don't think that is true. Just go through his channels and you will find many videos on Sony Exclusive games and these are not on PC.
Comparing PS4 and PS4 Pro, no?
Well at least I see his videos for the comparisons.

Maybe he can compare a low, medium and higd-end PC (CPU/GPU) but I'm not sure he has all the equipment for that.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Comparing PS4 and PS4 Pro, no?
Well at least I see his videos for the comparisons.

Maybe he can compare a low, medium and higd-end PC (CPU/GPU) but I'm not sure he has all the equipment for that.
Good point you got there! but he does make E3 comparison!

Well yeah, but Google Maps isn't 100% accurate either by that metric and it's being used for actual civil engineering and infrastructure projects, among other things, at scales moreso than FS. I don't think it not being 100% accurate should be used as a ding against it because it's impossible for any simulator to be 100% accurate to real-life .

That said it gets way closer to it in a lot of ways than almost any other game on the market and for the near future at least if you play it at its best settings, and that deserves tons of props. Just for next-gen in general, FS2020, R&C Rift Apart, Bright Memory Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077 and Exo-Mecha are absolutely the best showcases of next-gen in-game visuals we have so far, and it'll probably stay that way for a good while.

Top Bottom