• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Wishlist For The Elder Scrolls 6?

AmyS

To reiterate:

I. new engine

II. dynamic soft shadows

III. proper physics

IV. great melee combat

V. set on a new continent

VI. release window (i.e. next gen 2021+)

Keasar

Those games sell like shit for a reason. Skyrim was a huge success for a reason.

The combat won't change much.

The reason being? Cause I am pretty sure the reason is "brand recognition" but I wanna hear yours since for some reason it's related to combat.

Also pretty sure that the Soulsborne games have been quite a success saleswise.

Silent Protagonist - the reason I played Skyrim so much is because I can give myself a backstory and a purpose and playstyle and replay the game accordingly. Add in mods to change it up even more = replay value out the wazoo.

-Choice and consequence, what you do in the game has tangible effects
-Meaningful companions+quests
-No voiced protagonist
-Blank slate protagonist
-Weapon durability, spell crafting
-Skill requirements for joining factions, no joining Mage's Guild if you're bad at magic, etc.
-Hire dedicated writing team, make real efforts to improve (Larian did this and the story improved lots, heard the first D:OS story was dumb, 2 fixed all that), don't let Emil Pagliarulo anywhere near the writing
-Dynamic seasons, weather changes based on date

yep

I would add to that a return to Morrowind-style fast travel. As well as the ability to climb most surfaces like in BotW.

Svejk

Oh, and if Jeremy Soule doesn't do the score, there will be consequences and repercussions... his music is absolutely breath taking and only he could bring that world to life, no matter what engine, aesthetics, theme, etc is thrown in it...
After 7-8 years of listing to his TES music, it still to this day gives me goose bumps.

Top Bottom