• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Xbox controller, and how does it stack up to the Xbox Series controller?

Favorite Xbox Controller

• OG Xbox Duke Controller

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • OG Xbox S Controller

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Xbox 360 Controller

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Xbox One Rev1 Controller (Non-Bluetooth)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Xbox One Rev2 Controller (Bluetooth)

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Xbox One Elite Rev1 Controller

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Xbox One Elite Rev2 Controller

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • Xbox Series Controller

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters

Danknugz

Elite Series 2 for me, back paddles make it the best for me.
For casual play the Series controller is fine.
i also voted elite series 2 but i have actually removed the paddles. hair trigger thing don't really use either. love the feel, grips and replaceable parts though of course.

BlackTron

360 has been my go-to since ancient times, but I rotate it out often for its bad dpad. Reading the impressions here, I might have to try the Series controller.

I have a first gen Xbox One controller, the one without bluetooth, I don't like the triggers or the action on the face buttons. The stick felt loose compared to 360 which for me docked points as well.

That said, I think Xbox has the most consistently good controller design. I'd rather use that first gen Xbox One pad than any Dual Shock. And Nintendo...by the time they got around to making a normal damn controller, they forgot how to make a dpad. Leaving an opening for Series to win this contest.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Razer Wolverine Ultimate. No other company makes the extra button layout like Razer does, mainly talking about the extra buttons next to LB/RB. It just is so comfy for me, and the whole grip and adjustable sticks and switchable d-pad. It has a great design. This being said the material quality is dogshit, so it's not really worth it's prize, but I still bought my 3rd one because no one else makes this layout.
Overall my favorite controller as well.

I have tried the V2 newer and cheaper and hated it.

I also love it has the chat dongle built in having 2 rowdy Dobermans who play fight all the time its nice using a wired headset and having that mute mic button easy to push

Tschumi

OG controller. It was unique as all get-out. I apprecaited that. Everything since was an amalgamation of gamecube and xbox... nothing wrong with that, subsequent controllers have been great, but yeah the OG lives on

Exentryk

Razer Wolverine Ultimate. No other company makes the extra button layout like Razer does, mainly talking about the extra buttons next to LB/RB. It just is so comfy for me, and the whole grip and adjustable sticks and switchable d-pad. It has a great design. This being said the material quality is dogshit, so it's not really worth it's prize, but I still bought my 3rd one because no one else makes this layout.

Overall my favorite controller as well.

I have tried the V2 newer and cheaper and hated it.

I also love it has the chat dongle built in having 2 rowdy Dobermans who play fight all the time its nice using a wired headset and having that mute mic button easy to push
Not wireless though. I've tried Razor's PS controller, and that is also wired only. Complete deal breaker.

Top Bottom