• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite Multiplayer FPS franchise?

What's your favorite multiplayer FPS franchise/game?

• Call of Duty

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Battlefield

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Overwatch

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Team Fortress

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Quake

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Doom

• Killzone

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Resistance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Counter Strike

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Halo

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Paladins

• Apex Legends

• Titanfall

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Destiny

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Rainbow Six

• Other

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Left 4 Dead

• Valorant

• Unreal Tournament

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Multiplayer games don't get talked about enough here so i decided to make a poll where people can choose their favorite multiplayer FPS franchise!!! This genre is one of my favorites because i love the social interaction and gameplay it can bring, as well as the gameplay just being fun (i suck at it though, getting just ONE kill before i die is usually an accomplishment for me LOL)

For me... if i had to choose, out of all of these choices... i'd say Team Fortress. The only flaw about it is that there isn't enough of a big competitive scene around it for people who want to play more seriously, but otherwise it's very beginner friendly, colorful and hilarious

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
CoD. Cumulatively have played for over a decade now, even accounting for the ones I skipped. If you told 2007 me I would still be playing CoD in 2022 I would have been shocked.
prepare to get swarmed by the legions of angry gaffers who will attempt to bully you for unabashedly liking COD

Hoppa

I’m not an FPS player by a long shot but every time I play a CoD game it’s always a blast. I will play maybe one a generation so it’s nice seeing how they’ve refined the formula every time, it’s arcadey and accessible and all the level-up meters and unlock fireworks are satisfying lol

Chronicle

Titanfall 2 is the GOAT of goats. Tight awesome gsmeplay and fun as hell. Minus the crybabies who play on ps but it's awesome. Yet the dont make part 3. Sad

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Counter Strike.

I've just come off of a session of CS:Source. Still amazing after almost 20 years.

MiguelItUp

DOOM, as it was what truly kickstarted my love for the FPS genre. Wolfenstein 3D got me into it, but DOOM ran with it. Quake took it even further, etc.

Hell, id games in general mean a great deal to me, had some amazing memories in all of their games growing up.

Valve is up there too. Because of Half-Life 1/2, Counter-Strike, TFC, TF2, L4D 1/2.

Monokrom

capsule_616x353.jpg

45978-wolfenstein-enemy-territory-windows-screenshot-medics-usually.jpg

93xfan

Banned
Used to be Battlefield, but now I think that Warzone is better.
Battlefield used to be so good.

If this wasn’t limited to 1st person shooters, it’d be a battle between Socom and Halo. As it stands, Halo 3 in MCC is easily my favorite FPS. Still enjoying it after all this time.

I loved Call of Duty 1 & 2. But once they completely changed the franchise into a more arcade like twitchy shooter, i bounced off of it.
Loved Battlefield 2 & 4. and all the side games. like 1943 & Bad Company 2. To me Battlefield One was the start of the franchises demise. It just went down the tubes and lost its way.
Loved Halo 1, 2 & 3. I've played some of Reach and 4. Which are okay. Just never cared as much about them and played them years after they came out
Played an obscene amount of Destiny 1 & 2. But i dont care for the PVE aspect or the story. Never really have. There was a time where this franchise was great. Its past its prime imo

my answer would be TitanFall/Apex. To me they are the same and should count as one. Since Apex is a spinoff using the same gunplay. The lore and story is just vague background noise in the first game. Its more fleshed out and decent in the sequel. And Apex expands and fleshes out the world as a real place. Where this franchise really shines is in the gameplay of the mechs and the fun abilities that the Legends have. Its a franchise that to me has the most potential in the future. We have seen it grow from a PVP game. to a complete campaign and PVP package. And now to the best battle royale game out there. I could see an Edgerunners like anime in the future. I could see a popular looter shooter in the future. skys the limit

winjer

Gold Member
I would like to vote Battlefield, because BF:BC2, BF3 and BF3 were some of the best fun I ever had online.
But recent games have been average to mediocre.
And I don't have expectations that it will ever go back to it's glory days.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Not a shooter but Rocket League seems to appeal to the same demographic. And it's still really fucking good.

Actually playing by the rules, I'll go for 007: Agent Under Fire. Nightfire is an acceptable answer as well.

Real talk - PUBG is great for basically doing ARMA better than ARMA and paving the way for Warzone, Fortnight etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Cod 4 and WaW were so fucking sick. And I was obsessed with MW2 until Bad Company 2 caught my attention. Played both franchises since though both have degraded.

BF3 was the peak of the franchise though BF4 was awesome too.

But now that Hell Let Loose has released on all platforms it's not even close anymore.

So many great FPS there.

Had to go Halo, that CE coop/LAN combined with H2/3 XBL era was peak FPS. A return to firm with H5 Warzone/Firefight. MCC is a spectacle in FPS now, incredible value and replayability.

Apex and TF are right there too.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Counter Strike.

I've just come off of a session of CS:Source. Still amazing after almost 20 years.

Man I loved CS Source even though its not the most “competitive”. Office, Dust, Dust2, Cbble, Nuke, Aztec, Inferno, Italy. Such great atmosphere.

Custom maps too, I played one called Speedcastle a lot. And all the Rats maps. I played CSS from 2005-2007 then switched to 1.6 from 2008-2009.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Gotta give it to CoD - especially this year the franchise has redeemed itself. I've played Apex Legends on a daily basis for almost 4 years, and it's still the greatest Battle Royale out there.

Honourable mentions: Halo & Destiny - two franchises I've loved in the past, but hasn't been able to get with the times. Both are clunky as hell with really bad controls.

DeepSpace5D

Definitely Destiny 2 as I enjoy how many PVE aspects it has, and I enjoy doing coop missions with clanmates much more than PVP personally.

Left 4 Dead's versus mode is some of the most fun I've ever had with a multiplayer game, with Counter-Strike and Team Fortress close behind. Damn, Valve was so good.

BUT, I have to put my vote towards Unreal Tournament. I miss arena shooters so much. :messenger_crying:

Havoc2049

OP should really have Destiny up there as well. The Crucible and Iron Banner are great fun and the Destiny community is quite large. Destiny still has that Bungie Marathon/Halo feel and is probably more Halo than Halo Infinite.

Out of the games in the OP, I voted for Halo. I've put thousands of hours into Halo multiplayer over the years. I've actually been on an MCC kick here of late and have played multiple matches every day for the past month or so. Mainly CE, with a little bit of H2 Classic, H2 Anniversary and Halo 4.

Top Bottom