• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats your dominant hand?

?

• left

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • right

Votes: 48 72.7%

• Total voters

bucyou

left, i only switch hands when its time to jerk it for some odd reason

happy weekend gaf

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This one

giphy.gif

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Right I learned all my language stuff in my left brain which has control over the right side of my body including right hand. Right brain is underutilized I could learn one or two languages that I can stick in there while at the same time learning to write in that language with my left hand. It is easier for me to write words backwards with my non dominant left hand from right to left with the language stuffed in my left brain tho.

Right handed for most things. But I swing (baseball, golf) left handed primarily. I used to switch hit in baseball, but I was always better from the left.

Dark Star

Totally left handed.

I grew up playing left handed guitars, writing with my left hand, eating food with a spoon in my left hand, etc. I also have my drum kit set up in a lefty configuration (I play the hi hat with my left hand, hit the snare with my right hand, and beat the bass drum with my left foot.) I play sports lefty, too. I always throw a baseball with my left hand, kick a soccer ball with my left leg, and I even own a left handed golf club set lol.

Mohonky

Wheres the option for both ya cunt? What about us ambidextrous types?

Im left handed for writing and and throwing; Im right handed for swinging objects.

Im also left footed for jumping or anything that requires acceleration (coming out of a starting block in sprinting) but right footed for kicking.

Edit: Oh sorry we're talking wanking; put me down for right.

Last edited:

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm all over the place. I do different things with each hand. But I'm not ambidextrous because I don't really do anything equally well with both hands. I find most people who think they are ambidextrous really aren't.

Last edited:

lachesis

Right handed ... but I'm left footed when playing soccer.

Oh... it's about something else. lol.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Left but i probably broke my wrist yesterday at work so for a months or two i'm gonna use my right hand unfortunately.

GamingKaiju

So does having a wank with your left hand make you a lefty?

Im partial to a mixing it up and having the left beat the meat,

INC

I'm right handed, but use my left hand for eating (fork in right hand), and I cue up a record left hand, when mixing, in VR I also have my pistol on my left hand side, to shoot left handed

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
My right hand for sure. Left feels awkward.

Tesseract

Banned
i learned to write well with my right after sustaining some injuries

can comfortably go back and forth now, highly rec. everyone force their sub until it's par w / dominant, pays huge dividends in other walks of life like playing the piano at a steady bass line, typing, other things ...

Last edited:

QSD

right

if you wanna read something really freaky, read up on split-brain research where people's hands end up doing paradoxical things (e.g. left hand picks a certain shirt to wear and right hand puts it back again)

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I'm left-handed.

Interesting fact: Leonardo Da Vinci and Isaac Newton were left-handed. I don't know how they figured that out, but cool!

he did something called mirror writing something I talked about in my earlier post just didn't know what it was called. I believe with some practice all my righties could mirror write with their left hand utilizing their right brain and my leftie brothers can mirror write with their right hand using their left brain! I think its a good way to become practice become ambidextrous which is very beneficial in sports. I think thats why a lot of sport players are "dyslexic" maybe, but I think they really just have superior ability in using both sides of their brain at least for sports...but I guess they have trouble controlling it growing up and it takes them awhile to gain mastery over using either side when necessary.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

he did something called mirror writing something I talked about in my earlier post just didn't know what it was called. I believe with some practice all my righties could mirror write with their left hand utilizing their right brain and my leftie brothers can mirror write with their right hand using their left brain! I think its a good way to become practice become ambidextrous which is very beneficial in sports

i mirror wrote as a child, fl public school system corrected me, constant frustration w / notepads and data keeping since i preferred engaging most material from the inside out

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i mirror wrote as a child, fl public school system corrected me, constant frustration w / notepads and data keeping since i preferred engaging most material from the inside out

yeah I think remember seeing videos of some kids that naturally mirror wrote. But I don't think nothing was wrong with that it was natural. feel sorry for a lot of lefties tho especially back in the day that were forced to write with their right hand. these were some other neat videos that I checked out when I was researching

this girl was mirror writing since she was very young

this one says that there's a higher proportion of lefties that are mirror writers than righties

these ones are pretty neat:

this girl can speak backwards lol:

Makes me think that if they wanna give lefties an easier start growing up they should let them write and read right to left which is why I think Da Vinci was always mirror writing thats the natural way for lefties, but everything is built around righties unfortunately. But I assume lefties are forced to use and stress their right brain more which may be better for them in the long run thats why I wanna train my right brain more and learn a new language that I could use for that side! If a steel pipe gets lodged in my left brain I still have my right brain that I could use and keep handy lol

this dude survived after getting a rod shoved through his left brain:

I wanna learn a new language in my right brain and some basic math/science just in case my left brain gets hit like this dude :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom