• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the rarest/most valuable game you have in your collection (Pics please)

Chiggs

GAF Collectors,

Do you have a collection with items so rare and valuable, it would make Indiana Jones shout:

qGST12X.gif

Well, post them here. And please use your *own* pics!

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition (still in shrink wrap) - Value: $450.00+

rzkAvo4.jpg

9AtyDxw.jpg

Last edited:

radewagon

Probably Project Justice for the Dreamcast. Bought it from Gamestop when Dreamcast games were all being clearanced out. It's almost a crime how cheaply I picked it up.

Mr Hyde

Very nice Demon's Souls edition you got there. I hope Sony releases something similar with the remake, like the Black Phantom edition.

BlackTron

Last year I sold my boxed copy of Chrono Trigger so that's out...I'm not even really sure what it's worth, but my favorite piece now is complete copy of gold cart Ocarina of Time. I still have my OG Mario 64 too, these two games are some megaton shit for me I'll NEVER get rid of them lol.

This pic was taken 18 years ago, but I still have the same copy. I remember when this was taken, the game was already old. Damn I'm ancient.

fI1ZbET.jpg

nkarafo

I have a CIB copy of Mortal Kombat 3 for the Game Gear in 10/10 condition.

I read it's a pretty rare game for the Game Gear.

Ma-Yuan

Panzer Dragoon Saga EU version and Hagane complete EU version.

Bought them. Both cheap 39,99 DM back in the 90s for hagane and 2010 PDS for 100 Euro.

Currently moving so no pics possible 🤣

Guilty_AI

We all know you made this thread so you could show off your demon souls copy

I have an original copy of Test Drive Unlimited in the box. No idea if its worth a damn

Chiggs

Panzer Dragoon Saga EU version and Hagane complete EU version.

Bought them. Both cheap 39,99 DM back in the 90s for hagane and 2010 PDS for 100 Euro.

Currently moving so no pics possible 🤣

Do you need any help moving? I'm playing Ring Fit Adventure, so my strength and endurance are getting better, and I'm very honest and would not steal any games from your collection, like Panzer Dragoon Saga. ;)

We all know you made this thread so you could show off your demon souls copy

That's true, of course, but I didn't show off the other ones...yet.

Last edited:

Airola

Probably these:

Beach-Head - Commodore 64 disk version on a "wallet" type case
Gryzor - PC disk
Zelda Game & Watch

Npnaehn.jpg

The rarest of these must be that Gryzor. Have no idea about the value but it's really hard, if not even impossible, to come by with one. Me finding that was almost a freak accident. There was this electronics seller having a flea market kind of a thing and he had a bunch of odd games and software for sale. I was just looking inside the box of one old PC helicopter game but it didn't have the game inside. I looked a bit more carefully and in between the manuals were the cover papers and the disk for Gryzor. It's a terrible conversion but is definitely quite a curiosity for people interested in Contra.

For more info about that version, see here:

They say "it's next to impossible to find a physical copy." And for me too, this was the first time I have ever encountered one myself. I had known about it but it never showed up anywhere until now.

EDIT:
And yes, that's a Samantha Fox poster folded over the Commodore Music Maker.

Last edited:

Oddspeak

Probably this combo? I have MGS4 Limited Edition too, but I don't think it goes for much. Peace Walker's sadly scuffed up, but HD Collection is spotless. I also have a PS4 with P.T. on it, if that counts.

EwbZAqX.jpg

ZeroZeroQuatre%20-%202003-02-21%20-%20Shigeru%20Miyamoto%20in%20London%20[%F0%9F%93%B720].jpg

A Famicom Disk System copy of The Legend of Zelda - signed by Miyamoto, and a sealed copy of the Japanese The Wind Waker that he also signed that day.
A few other rarities, like Final Fantasy VI Advance on GBA which had an extremely limited release in Europe (something like 600 copies in France if I remember correctly).
Or the Xenoblade: The Secret File artbook, another bizarrerie, which was entirely translated to French but had only 1000 copies. WTF why ?

Top Bottom