• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the most souls/runes you've ever lost in a Soulsbourne game?

KillaJamm

I mean it does break the game a bit, yeah.

But you’ll come to realise as you progress that the game openly cheats the player later on with the “god mode” bosses who seemingly have infinite stamina and such, so fight fire with fire
Okay sound mate ill keep it in mind

Y0ssarian

Banned
I died fighting Midir. I went back to kill him with a group of Sun Bros. It took us nearly 15 minutes to kill him, but it was finally done. When I went to pick up my souls, it was about tree fitty

Last edited:

SenkiDala

I don't remember as it doesn't matter at all (you get more than enough anyways in those games) but in Elden Ring I lost a few times +2 millions, happened a lot too in the other FS games.

I dunno man, I’ve got a spot to slot an arrow just between the branches three steps away from the grace, can trot back and forth and score a kill in 5-6 seconds, I think it’s 13,500+ runes per shot with the scarab and a golden foot, no idea how many that is per hour though.

I just set up my iPad to watch an episode of something while I perform the ritual, it’s tedious but I never subject myself to it for more than 20-30 minutes at a time. I have no idea how folk farm a spot like that for hours at a time, jeez…
17k+ with the scarab and pickled foot. Spawn, roll, shoot arrow through branches, repeat. You can also kill all the frog guys with one attack from a special sword. But I agree. I can only do 20-30 minutes at a time

SkylineRKR

I dunno man, I’ve got a spot to slot an arrow just between the branches three steps away from the grace, can trot back and forth and score a kill in 5-6 seconds, I think it’s 13,500+ runes per shot with the scarab and a golden foot, no idea how many that is per hour though.

I just set up my iPad to watch an episode of something while I perform the ritual, it’s tedious but I never subject myself to it for more than 20-30 minutes at a time. I have no idea how folk farm a spot like that for hours at a time, jeez…

17k ish with item, but I tend to do it only a few times so I can stack with stones and great arrows. its boring as fuck otherwise.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
32 million blood echoes in bloodborne.
I was in a chalice dungeon grinding out arcane to reach level 99, and I wanted to do large chunks in 1 go.
Yeah, fatigue caused me to die, and a wolf cornered me, losing it all.

Never bothered to max out arcane afterwards.
Fucking... Wow. Just wow.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Not much, about 38k. I was doing a corpse run before bed, tired as hell, hopped off a cliff, said fuck it, closed the game and went to bed.

I don’t remember how much it was exactly, but on one run of DaS1 I lost a shit load to Bed of Chaos. I had gone through all of the demon bosses after the Quelag bell without using any of the Souls from them because I can consistently get them first try (lol Discharge cheese), and I had a good strategy for BoC that worked first time most of the time.

This time I wasn’t lucky and the bitch unexpectedly slapped me into a pit, and then when I went back to get the souls the ground was broken and she slapped me into the pit again.

In the old games though you could go back, grab your souls, and use a homeward bone to take them back to the bonfire so you could use them before attempting the boss again, so I usually never had the problem of losing a lot.

Anybody feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but nearly 80 hours in to Elden Ring, and I haven’t found anything that’s the equivalent of a Homeward Bone. So either there isn’t one or I missed it/don’t realize I have it already. Whatever the case it does take away a safety net.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
of all time i can't remember but in elden ring it's about 120,000 i think. i don't like keeping a lot of runes on me. i usually make sure to spend them before a boss/new area.

Shifty1897

There's a puddle in front of Martyr Logarius right now worth 40,000 blood echoes in Bloodborne. I'll get them back tomorrow... Hopefully.

nkarafo

The bird does nothing for me since i reached that place when i was already 100+ lvl.

I get far more runes by normally exploring. But i guess if you go there very early it will help you level up very fast since it's a safe process even for a lvl 1 toon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom