• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats Nintendo gonna do/leave out in the Zelda Collection next year?

Kokoloko85

So next year is the 35th Anniversary of the beloved Zelda Franchise.

The Mario collections as much as everyone had to buy it, left some things missing and desired For fans.

They left the 2d series on a Subcription base model ( I was hoping to buy it )

And the 3D Mario Collection has some issues. Its missing Mario Galaxy 2 as well as not doing widescreen on Mario 64 and other Improve they could of done.

Im guessing the same treatment will be used for the Zelda series being ported but which games will be missing? And what versions will they port?

Whats the options:

Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 / 3DS port
Majora’s Mask N64/ 3DS port
Wind Waker HD
Twlight Princess HD
Skyward Sword..

Thats 5 3D Zelda games compared to Mario’s 4 3d games ( 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2 )and only 3 of them made the Mario collection.

Will Nintendo port and upgrade the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask which has improved graphics and framerate/controls or just the N64 version?

Will they Bother with there already HD ready Ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?
Will they only port 3 Games or 4?

My bet is Skyward Swords gets a solo launch like Galaxy 2 will

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
OoT / WW / TP in a trilogy would be my guess due to SS being too waggle-dependent, they might release it standalone for Joycon-only play.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
As long as we get WW, TP and SS I'm good. Though I do not for one second believe they would include SS, unfortunately.

I'm hoping for a collection of OoT, MM, WW and TP all together, Ideally the N64 versions and the WiiU remasters, with SS getting a separate release with properly reworked gameplay.

At that point I could get rid of my WiiU and the Switch would be a Mass Effect 1 + 2 and Persona 3, 4 + 5 release away from being the greatest system to ever exist.

The Shepard

Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Link to the past
Ocarina of time
Majoras mask
On one card, they had this collection on gamecube which I sill own (minus link to the past)

Twilight Princess hd
Wind waker hd
Skyward Sword hd
Will be separated purchases

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I really want Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask 3D day 1 and Wind Waker HD.
I couldn’t Finish Wind Waker on the Wii U because of moving.

I dont care if they sell the rest separately just don’t leave any out and give the best version Lol

Kokoloko85

Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Link to the past
Ocarina of time
Majoras mask
On one card, they had this collection on gamecube which I sill own (minus link to the past)

Twilight Princess hd
Wind waker hd
Skyward Sword hd
Will be separated purchases

Im worried they’ve leave the old ones for Nintendo Online Subcription like the 2D Mario Collection on Switch

Salmonboy

They will kill the control scheme yet again, that's fore sure. I'm still waiting to open my copy until Nintendo patches the games so you will be able to control the camera the right way

jigglet

Banned
A rom dump might even be a bit ambitious. It wouldn't surprise me if we got a cool montage trailer of the last 35 years and then BOTW2.

Woffls

Ports of WWHD and TPHD
Remasters of 3DS versions of OoT/MM
Some collection of (S)NES Zelda games

I will buy them all again... except the 2D stuff cos I don’t like it... unless it’s only on sale for 3 months or some bullshit because I’m a dummy.

Any re-release would hopefully include the 3DS versions of OOT and MM. As much as I love the 64 games, the remakes were well done with a ton of QOL features and better visuals.

I'd be fine with either GC or Wii U versions of the other two and would hope that Skyward Sword would be included as I'm dying to go through that again and think it would look magical upscaled to HD, much in the same way Galaxy does.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think Nintendo will try their darndest to get Skyward Sword working, up to and including remaking parts of the game to get it to work. That's Aonuma's crown jewel (aside from Spirit Tracks).

A romdump of all the NES - GBA titles would be nice and would hardly put a dent in the cartridge storage space.

A port of those multiplayer Zeldas (the Gamecube + GBA one and the Triforce Heroes one) would be appreciated.

Humdinger

I haven't played any of those games, but I'm looking forward to having the option of doing so on the Switch. I'll just be grateful if we do get such a collection.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
2021 is the 35th of so many franchises. Nintendo alone has Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus, plus Mysterious Castle Murasame as a minor IP. Beyond Nintendo, of course, there’s that little franchise called Castlevania.

The classic 2D Zelda games are already available on Switch, with the exception of Link’s Awakening that got a remake and The Minish Cap (which mayyyyy receive a rerelease or - one can dream! - a remake). All I want there is a dual-screen Game & Watch with TLOZ and Zelda 2. I have a lifelong love story with TLOZ, so a G&W with that game would basically never leave my side, lol.

Moving on to the 3D Zeldas, the idea of separate 2-game packs for the N64 games and the HD versions of the GC games sounds more likely than not. SS is the great dilemma, but I think Nintendo wants to rerelease it as some point and the game definitely deserves it.

Mister Wolf

We need the 3DS versions of OOT and MM running at 1080p 60fps on the Switch. And if they wanted to be really cool AI upscale the textures.

Huge difference.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I would prefer the N64 versions.

Don’t get me wrong, the 3DS versions are beautiful. But OoT loses some of the somber, darker tone that made OoT so great, with the hyper-colorful, bright cartoon visuals, and MM is flat out a worse game with the changes made.

Give me the N64 versions at a proper 30 FPS, and that will be awesome. Let the 3DS hang onto these not-quite-right-remakes, where they can be experienced in 3D.

ExpandKong

Banned
Honestly I've been playing Skyward Sword again recently (just finished the first dungeon), and I'm having a hard time figuring out how they could reliably port that game to the Switch and have it be playable at all in handheld mode. I'd forgotten just how much motion control there is in that game. It'd require a much more significant rework than something like Mario Galaxy.

It's a lovely game though, definitely deserves more attention. I'm playing it on my Wii but I've seen screenshots of people playing it in higher resolutions on Dolphin, very nice.

I'd imagine two collections, the N64 games (in their original N64 incarnations, since they've already got the emulator to just crank those out) and the Wii U's HD remasters. Maybe the N64 collection would be priced at $40, the WW/TP collection at $60. Maybe a Skyward Sword remaster, and then BotW2 at the end of the year.

They are going to give you a new game collection: Zelda 3D all stars. 70 u$s (the new AAA price) and when you run it it's just a link to CEMU homepage.

ExpandKong

Banned
I would prefer the N64 versions.

Don’t get me wrong, the 3DS versions are beautiful. But OoT loses some of the somber, darker tone that made OoT so great, with the hyper-colorful, bright cartoon visuals, and MM is flat out a worse game with the changes made.

Give me the N64 versions at a proper 30 FPS, and that will be awesome. Let the 3DS hang onto these not-quite-right-remakes, where they can be experienced in 3D.

I gotta say, regarding MM3D - I actually liked the reimagined boss fights (I think there was one that I didn't like all that much but I have trouble remembering, maybe Gyorg?) but some of the other stuff was definitely a step back, the way the ice arrows worked and the borked swimming with the Zora mask.

OoT3D I didn't mind the brighter palette, with the significant exception of the final battle. I still remember the first time I did that fight on my N64, with Ganon this big hulking shadow that you only catch glimpses of during a lightning flash. Very nice. 3DS version was a definite downgrade there.

Whichever way they go for these hypothetical rereleases, I just hope they include gyro aiming and boots-as-items from the 3DS versions.

Sethbacca

After they didn't even bother to give Mario 64 a proper remaster, why does anyone think they'll do anything but the minimum for this collection.

Rodolink

there's not gonna be a Zelda collection, since when Nintendo does whatever we think they'll do?
next year will be BOTW2 year imo.

- There will be an OoT/MM Double Pack, but they will unfortunately be the N64 versions and not the visually-improved 3DS versions (which I'd love to have in HD).
- There will be a WWHD/TPHD Double Pack.
- SSHD will be a standalone release, much like Super Mario 3D World is.

Last edited:
We need the 3DS versions of OOT and MM running at 1080p 60fps on the Switch. And if they wanted to be really cool AI upscale the textures.

Huge difference.

The changes made to the MM remake, particularly in regards to the Zora and Deku mask movement, mean I'd rather stick with the original verosion myself.

They really did not get why people liked that game quite honeslty.

Fbh

It's Nintendo.

I'm going to guess:
- Ocarina of Time: Emulated N64 version with no further enhancements aside from resolution
- Wind Waker HD: WiiU Port
- Twilight Princess: WiiU Port.

Limited time $100 package for that artificial scarcity panic buying. Then release them later as standalone digital titles for $50 each (WiiU ones) $15 (N64 one).

Last edited:

Zannegan

Maybe two collections?
-Remasters of 3DS OoT/MM
-Then an HD collection of WW/TP/SS

Who am I kidding? It'll be one collection: OoT, WW, and TP, and they'll all be N64/GC roms. At least we'll also probably get the Capcom Zeldas on Nintendo Online, for a limited time only. Lol.

Chiggs

• They'll forget to add Majora's Mask
  • Ocarina of Time will be in 4:3 and will NOT have the visual upgrades seen in the DS version.

Ten_Fold

What I want? 3DS version of OOT/MM in 4K, WWHD,TPHD ,and SS will probably get the Mario 3D world treatment.

What I think will happen OOT(N64) WWHD,TPHD and SS by itself for $60.

KellyM

Since they had WiiU versions of Wind Waker and Twighlight Princess those will be in it, and i expect them to emulate the two N64 Zeldas OoT and MM. It Rumored that they listed Skyward Sword, so i expect that to be sold as a stand alone.

Top Bottom