• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats a game that should fit your taste exactly but you just couldn't get into?

I really enjoyed the game, but I didn't feel like a Jedi. A Padawan maybe, but definitely not a Jedi.
Really? The game's defensive "only-fight-when-you-need-to" feel was very "Jedi" to me. I just happen to think that's boring.

Maybe what we really wanted was a Sith game, like a better version of Force Unleashed.

Last edited:

Dorago

I have two: Dorf Fort and New Vegas. With DF I couldn't get past the menus and lack of immediate reactivity to input. With NV I found the combat, exploration, and dungeons so slow and unrewarding I have up after 8 hours.

Ogbert

Monster Hunter.

Grinding for gear in a huge fantasy world. Should be my perfect game.

In fact, I fucking hate it. Controls like dogshit. Riddled with annoying, irritating mechanics. Awful.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Monster Hunter.

In fact, I fucking hate it. Controls like dogshit. Riddled with annoying, irritating mechanics. Awful.
Thought I was the only one. I've tried to play this so many times. I can't believe a series with controls like this is so popular. Even tried the new Rise on my son's Switch and that didn't help.

brian0057

Banned
Literally anything by Arkane Studios.
Every time I play their games I just wish I was playing the originals by Looking Glass instead of these cheap imitations.
And most of the time I just do and boot up System Shock 2 or Thief.

Last edited:

Vangellis

Recently i've been playing disco elysium and it took me about a week to finish day one. This game speaks to everything I love about gaming, but for some reason I just can't vibe with it. I love games Like DOS 1 and 2, Wasteland series, and quite a few point and click adventure...despite this being a combination of all of those great games I just can't get into it. What games fit your taste exactly that no matter how much you tried just didn't speak to you?
From the look of it I thought I would like Disco Elysium too, but I found it too pretentious. Also not that I don't like reading but its overboard for me. I did really dig the "conversations in your mind" though. Although the game I should have loved was the Witcher 3, but I beat bloodborne right before playing it. Lets just say I couldn't deal with the feel of combat.

Irobot82

Pathfinder Kingmaker. I love me some CRPG goodness. I did not like being on a deadline and their progression menu was utter dogshit of confusion. Such a dissapointment.

SeraphJan

Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter for me too, but for an opposite reason. The gameplay fits my taste and is perfect for me, but the theme and lack of plot killed my engagement.

Mass Effect.
I love sci-fi. Space-ships, multiple alien races, a good amount... take my money!

But for some reason ME just bored the life out of me. I wanted to like it, I've restarted it 4 times... I just can't stick with it for more than a few hours. It's bored and clunky.
Oddly enough, I did stick 30-40 hours into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer swarm/horde mode.... and I loved it.

Similar for me. I finished the first one, but it just didn't have that spark for me. It was a 3/5. There were some interesting elements, but man was it disappointing relative to all the hype and my own expectations as a sci-fi lover. Haven't been able to muster the urge to play 2 or 3 all these years.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
FFXV. Modern fantasy setting? Scenic road trips in a open world? Amazing soundtrack? Count me in.
Except i couldn't even bring myself to finish the game, and i really tried to like it.
Tried it on release and bounced off. Tried it last year and legit love it. It’s one my fav games now. Not sure if I had to be in the mood or is it royal edition but it worked

Top Bottom