• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would your dream MegaMan game be?

DonF

I would kill for a full remake of x1-3 in the style of the psp classic maverick hunter.
Maverick hunter is my favorite MegaMan by far. Looks great, has excellent music and animations.

2.5D is the way to go with MegaMan, to me. I hope Capcom dares to do something like this, seeing Nintendo is doing it with Metroid dread.

I'd be interested to see them do a really smoothly animated and bad ass looking pixel-art style. It just doesn't look appealing to me otherwise. Give it that back-lit pixel art look like Replaced or The Last Night.

yurinka

Follow the path of Mega Man 11 for Mega Man 12, but use top notch 16 bit-like pixel art as the one seen in the CPS2 games following the trend of Sonic Mania and Dotemu pixel art games. Regarding the character design of the bosses, use the NES ones as inspiration.

For Mega Man X9 or Rockman & Forte 2, use the SNES games pixel art as inspiration. For Mega Man Zero 5, use GBA games pixel art as reference.

Last edited:

lachesis

I kinda think of Mega Man's gameplay as it's own identity, and other than tasteful cosmetic upgrades in gfx/sound department, I think it's pretty much set in stone.

If you move away in gameplay department, it takes a great risk of losing its own identity. It'd be better to just do a sub-series with a different mechanics... perhaps with something similar to Metrovania.

Zannegan

A Platinum Games third-person shooter with lock-on and strafe, and an agile little chibi rockman rolling, hopping and sliding around to escape enemy attacks. Basically, take megaman's precision platforming, dodging and combat, and translate that into a run-n-gun TPS... by way of Bayonetta.

8 stages; 8 bosses; choose the order you want to tackle them in, just like the classics

Probably a terrible idea, but it's pretty clear in my ming. *shrug*

Follow the path of Mega Man 11 for Mega Man 12, but use top notch 16 bit-like pixel art as the one seen in the CPS2 games following the trend of Sonic Mania and Dotemu pixel art games. Regarding the character design of the bosses, use the NES ones as inspiration.

For Mega Man X9 or Rockman & Forte 2, use the SNES games pixel art as inspiration. For Mega Man Zero 5, use GBA games pixel art as reference.
honestly the megaman Zero series already, ZX Advent is the one that needs a sequel.

id honestly just pull a Metroid Dread and bring back Legends 3 and Starforce 4 from the dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom