• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you want from a Playstation Plus Collection Season 2?

Camreezie

So with E3 coming up in a month I remembered sony executives never really answered if they were going to expand upon this offer/promotion. What games would you like to be included if they did a "season 2"? There were 20 games included.

What i'd like:
1. Far Cry 5
2. Nier Automata
3. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
4. Uncharted Lost Legacy
5. Soul Calibur VI
6.The Witcher 3
7. Alien Isolation
8. Shadow of Mordor
9. Yakuza Zero
10. Dark Souls 3
11. DOOM
12. Gravity Rush
13. Little Big Planet 3
14. Dreams
15. Gran Turismo Sport
16. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
17. Borderlands 3
18. Assassins Creed Origins
19. Dark Pictures Man of Medan
20. Resident Evil 2 Remake

I know its unlikely as hell they'd do it a second time , anyone else think it would be cool?

I thought the whole point of the PS+ collection was to fight gamepass and it would be frequently updated with new games.

Are you saying they haven't added a single new game this whole time?

OrionNebula

So with E3 coming up in a month I remembered sony executives never really answered if they were going to expand upon this offer/promotion. What games would you like to be included if they did a "season 2"? There were 20 games included.

What i'd like:
1. Far Cry 5
2. Nier Automata
3. Spyro Reignited Trilogy
4. Uncharted Lost Legacy
5. Soul Calibur VI
6.The Witcher 3
7. Alien Isolation
8. Shadow of Mordor
9. Yakuza Zero
10. Dark Souls 3
11. DOOM
12. Gravity Rush
13. Little Big Planet 3
14. Dreams
15. Gran Turismo Sport
16. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
17. Borderlands 3
18. Assassins Creed Origins
19. Dark Pictures Man of Medan
20. Resident Evil 2 Remake

I know its unlikely as hell they'd do it a second time , anyone else think it would be cool?
Not enough first party games. I think it’s 10 first party and 10 third party if I’m mot mistaken

And Witcher 3? 🤣 I have a feeling we’re not gonna see good blood between CDPR and Sony for a long while 😆

Camreezie

I thought the whole point of the PS+ collection was to fight gamepass and it would be frequently updated with new games.

They have not added anything to the "collection". Makes me think maybe they would do it in batches like seasons

Camreezie

Not enough first party games. I think it’s 10 first party and 10 third party if I’m mot mistaken

And Witcher 3? 🤣 I have a feeling we’re not gonna see good blood between CDPR and Sony for a long while 😆
Most have been given away for free already, the ones I didn't include were the last of us part 2 and ghost of tsushima and they're not even a year old

iamvin22

Industry Verified

They have added I believe 1 new game. Also, it's not there to compete against gamepass. That project will be announced later on

There will be no Season 2. Sony is not charity, making games costs money. That was one-time incentive for people to jump on next-gen train. And boy, they did.

That was never the point. PS+ is not their subscription rental service, that's PS Now.

They do add PS+ games every month. Since then they've added games such as Control Ultimate Edition, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Destruction All-Stars, Oddworld Soulstorm, Concrete Genie and several others.

Last edited:

NickFire

IMO, the collection was just a gift to help fill in the weeks between PS5 game launches. Won't be surprised if it was also designed to give people a taste of franchises that will get sequels in the upcoming years.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
PS+ is useless to me because even if they bring the game I like, already bought and played long after it comes to PS+ and I don't play online so it just not worth it to pay monthly subscription for it.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I thought it was just a bonus for PS5 early adopters. 🤷‍♂️
I would have looked at it more like this vs anything to "fight" gamepass.

It would be nice if they added to it, and I still wouldn't look at it to "fight" gamepass.

Its just expanding on PS Plus IGC, thats it. You know...that thing they started on the PS3.

lucius

Gamepass isn’t included in Gold you pay separately , it’s included in Ultimate which is $180 a year which is a lot over the course of a console life. I don’t expect this to be a season thing unless you want them to start charging.

Top Bottom