• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you want from a Civilization VII?

SinDelta

Out of curiosity. The Music for VI, especially as you progress through the eras is crazy good, and that is something I would want to keep going forward.

Last edited:
There's probably a lot that could use improving, but I think religion desperately needs a complete overhaul. How you get a religion (and just one) and how you expand and grow that religion is just kinda boring and annoying. It's definitely one of the weakest victory conditions and aspects of the game.

That is assuming the game keeps its overall structure though. Humankind might shake things up entirely. Maybe a game like Civ could use a bit more freedom in how you attempt to stand the test of time as well.

Starhowl

Being able to build roads with workers again and upgrading them to railroads; return of classical music.

kingkaiser

There is nothing I hated more in 6 than the music. First of all it changes every time you negotiate with another civ, breaks up abruptly after you sold some shitty luxury or diplo favor for gold, secondly it repeats endlessly and there are no specials during certain events. Compare that to the incredible soundtrack of Civ 5 which surprised you with the following during a prolonged and bloody war...

Last edited:

Chukhopops

There’s not much to improve but I would look for ways to make the game less snowbally and improve mid game. Right now most games are decided at the end of the first two eras and not much happens until the late game. If you get behind it’s almost impossible to come back.

I also would like a proper soundtrack instead of just « local » music like in Beyond Earth which soundtrack is the absolute best ever (maybe tied with Stellaris).

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
All of the QoL features / adjustments introduced in the most recent expansion worked into the base game. Since Civ 4 I feel like they release the base game with obvious features lacking so that they can (re)introduce them in a later $30+ expansion.

Klik

Better AI and non-cartoony graphics. Honestly this is why i stopped playing CIV 6. The AI has been shit since CIV 4

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Something a little more epic.

After conquering Earth, your civilization has to settle in the solar system, setting up cities on a terrformed Mars, Europa etc. After that, you need to conquer the galaxy. They could easily add billions of star systems for you to conquer against thousands of alien races.

The current base game set on Earth could now just be the introduction.

With this, they could turn the playtime from hundreds of hours to years before you could complete it.

As well as this, add real time battles like the Total War series.

It would be the most epic game of all time.

I want to be able to finish a game in less than 500 hours.

Oh, and late game sucks. Early game is awesome, but in the later stages of the game it always drags on forever and has little variety.

Civ Revolution was great at this. I'd love to see a Civ Rev 3 with hexs that was console focused like the first for quicker gameplay. Would be awesome on the switch. Played sooo much Civ Rev on the DS.
I love Civ Revolution and it actually played great on consoles. A friend of mine and I put so many hours on that game back on the 360. It was shorter, faster and more streamlined but it was a lot of fun, specially the multiplayer. I wish they make a new one.

Top Bottom