• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you LOVE to see from PS5's Gaming Showcase this Wednesday, September 16? Poll inside! V2.

What would you LOVE to see this Wednesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimiNutz

Banned
I wanna see price and launch date but most importantly I want to see extended gameplay of games that are going to release soon.

Games like Miles Morales, Demon Souls, GT7 etc.

FranXico

I'm expecting gameplay demos for launch window titles, probably UI demo, and maybe the reveal of a big game coming in 2022 or later.

Shubh_C63

I don't think much will be shown. Just the extended gameplay of what already is revealed.
No GoW or long lists of old games remasters people are expecting. No ND or FF either.

Bryank75

Banned
The foundation of the Holy Church of PlayStation.

Acquisition of Zenimax and From Software. GTA6 full exclusivity with no PC release.

No further games going to PC (apart from MLB) , top exclusives like GOW, GOT, Spider-man and Horizon will be released for 3 months to buy at full price with one week with a small discount before the games are removed from stores, they return every year or two to buy with some content updates.

Socom with destruction, using water combat extensively.

Kojima formally joins PlayStation.

Konami deal to allow PlayStation use IP's ranging from Castlevania to MGS.

I'm using this thread pretty liberally to just throw out tons of stuff I want.

Type_Raver

Price,
Full hardware specs (discover any potential last minute upgrades),
Backwards Compatibility updates and demo,
God of War,
GT7,
Any new AAA trailers.

Ellery

Ok I voted for a lot of things :

Silent Hill, TLOU2 factions, Uncharted Spin Off with Sully, FF 16,GoW2, Demon's Souls remake release date, Gran Turismo release date, new AAA, price and release date.

On a personal note I'd love to see a remastered MGS Collection for the PS5 but I know that is extremely far fetched.

The foundation of the Holy Church of PlayStation.

Acquisition of Zenimax and From Software. GTA6 full exclusivity with no PC release.

No further games going to PC (apart from MLB) , top exclusives like GOW, GOT, Spider-man and Horizon will be released for 3 months to buy at full price with one week with a small discount before the games are removed from stores, they return every year or two to buy with some content updates.

Kojima formally joins PlayStation.

Konami deal to allow PlayStation use IP's ranging from Castlevania to MGS.

I'm using this thread pretty liberally to just throw out tons of stuff I want.

You want a global meltdown not just here in neogaf, but also on resetera and the entire internet :D

Calverz

Kaz to come on stage:
“The playstation 5 will require huge financial investment. It will retail in north america for
FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLERS”

GymWolf

Horizon delayed to 2022-2023.

And maybe some footage of returnal, spidey, demons and kena.

After the mediocre previous sony event i'm gonna watch this one with zero expectations so even if the show is 20 min of bugsnax and 20 min of volcano high, i'm okay with that.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
As much as i'd like to see that happen, this would result in game console monopoly no?
Not really, as long as they don't touch what are considered the biggest players... EA, Take Two and Activision (Maybe Ubisoft too). I think they would be absolutely fine.

Most people outside gaming don't understand the weight a developer like From has or a franchise like Doom or Elderscrolls.

supernova8

Banned

Let's even just go back to the basics and wish for a Socom that has good voice-command tech. The original was fuuuucking amazing. That very first snow level where you could verbally tells your squad what to do. Have we even had any games like that since? No, right? Surely voice recognition should be even easier now.

skneogaf

God of war 2, uncharted spin off and some more gran turismo gameplay.

Don't care about the other things on the list as even the price is unnecessary as I'll buy it along with the xbox series x as soon as some good games come out nothe garbage on launch.

Truthfully, I want it all, but here are handful:
  1. Release Date/Price & Preorders go live
  2. Demon's Souls Remake Demo with date (launch)
  3. God of War 2 announcement and date
  4. Final Fantasy XVI Announced
  5. Horizon II demo and date
  6. New Unannounced AAA IP
  7. Gran Turismo 7 release date
  8. All Launch day games confirmed

Not really, as long as they don't touch what are considered the biggest players... EA, Take Two and Activision (Maybe Ubisoft too). I think they would be absolutely fine.

Most people outside gaming don't understand the weight a developer like From has or a franchise like Doom or Elderscrolls.

Remember Zenimax top dog Pete Hines tweeting a lot about PS5 back when the console and controller were revealed. Maybe there's some elaborate partnership between them?

Perrott

Gold Member
The Top 5 things I'd love to see at the show would be:
  1. RaySpace
  2. Silent Hill
  3. Final Fantasy XVI
  4. Demon's Souls deep dive + available at launch
  5. Arrowhead's new game

TimFL

It‘s missing „UI showcase“
To add onto this... imagine them only showing gameplay stuff at the event...

The twist is, after the first gameplay video it backs out to the new home screen, goes over to another tile and instantly opens the next gameplay clip, being an „in spirit“ demonstration of the no loading screens bulletpoint.

trikster40

You know what’s sad? If even half that list is true, not even necessarily for Wednesday but that the game even exists, MS had a tough tough road ahead. Those are some killer games/rumors.

I think the only rumors MS show going for it was “Ooh, they’re showing Fable”.

sublimit

Banned
1)Demon Souls Remake Gameplay/Deep Dive (+ release date)
2)Final Fantasy XVI Reveal (timed exclusive)? Open secret at this point.
3)Silent Hill teaser/reveal (exclusive) - Rumor Although i don't believe this exists
4)Gran Turismo 7 Gameplay/Deep Dive (+ release date)
5)Uncharted spin-off teaser/reveal from new San Diego studio - Rumor
6)CyGames Project Awakening Action RPG Re-reveal (exclusive) - Rumor
7)Playstation 5 Price Reveal ($399, $499 †), Release Date and Pre-Order Information (about damn time!)
8)Unannounced new AAA IP not rumored!

Motostorm, a new resistance, tokyo jungle 2, a cool new aaa game from japan studios dont care about these other gay games. GT7 is cool tho

Last edited:

Yoboman

Im honestly just expecting some gameplay of games we've seen, maybe TLOU Factions and one surprise. Plus price and UI stuff

Sony isn't blowing their load early, plenty of time to unveil the likes of GOW2 in the future.

• FF XVI exclusive to PS5 (done by FF XIV creator team)
  • Gran Turismo 7 launch game (wishful)
  • Silent Hill reveal (exclusive partnership with Konami)
  • Price and release date of course

whitesugar

Banned
Demon Souls gameplay
Silent Hill confirmed and preferably not set in US. if its Team Japan doing it, would like to see it set in some small town in the Japanese countryside.
FFXVI
Persona 6 tease
New Monster Hunter tease
Gen Design new game
Spiderman confirmed bundled with Miles
10 minutes of Shu looking at Craig memes

Esca

Honestly if be fine work most anything in the poll choices. One that wasn't there that I am interested in is a deep dive into the ui

Top Bottom