• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will the next Xbox Series X be named?

What will the next more powerful Xbox Series X console be named?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Snake

Gold Member
Xbox Series One SX (for the 5TF version) and Xbox Series XSX, because every opportunity is good to mislead the customer.. again.

Derktron

Banned
Why are we talking about the next system, I do not think we should be talking about that when one there are not enough systems and two we are still in the early stages of the generation at this point.

Derktron

Banned
MV5BNzZjZmM1ZDctNDhlZi00Mzk1LWFjNWItYzIxNGY2OWYzYjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Xbox Series XXX -- Triple the power!!

sainraja

It's just Xbox, actually. Series S and X are the model names.
That maybe what they want to do but they haven't been marketing it as 'Xbox' (for obvious reasons). The model badges on game covers, how it is being marketed etc. Only Apple successfully managed naming like that for a while with their iPods (and most people understood that) with their 1st gen, 2nd gen identifiers. The product iPod was only ever marketed or called the iPod by name or even in their marketing materials as far as I recall. When they introduced the iPod Mini, they did the same. There wasn't a iPod Mini 2 etc.

But even Apple has kind of strayed from being able to continue doing that. Just see their iPhones.

Last edited:

The Shepard

It'll be just xbox series X. Smaller in size maybe a lil more power, bigger ssd and the breeze block will be discontinued.

ZoukGalaxy

None of them, they will find another stupid confusing name idea, they totally lost me after Xbox 360, one of my favorite console ever.

Last edited:

TBiddy

That maybe what they want to do but they haven't been marketing it as 'Xbox' (for obvious reasons). The model badges on game covers, how it is being marketed etc. Only Apple successfully managed naming like that for a while with their iPods (and most people understood that) with their 1st gen, 2nd gen identifiers. The product iPod was only ever marketed or called the iPod by name or even in their marketing materials as far as I recall. When they introduced the iPod Mini, they did the same. There wasn't a iPod Mini 2 etc.

But even Apple has kind of strayed from being able to continue doing that. Just see their iPhones.

They are marketing it towards the two existing models - the Series X and the Series S, both of which are models in the Xbox line, sorta like the Pro and the Pro Max are products in the iPhone 12 line. Whether or not Microsoft will stay with that naming convention remains to be seen. I doubt it, considering their long history of terrible names.

The names are terrible, but it's not hard to understand the naming convention... unless, apparantly, you're kyliethicc kyliethicc .

Is Xbox Series confusing? Wow.. I don't know what you think of other brands then like Apple and Samsung...

The naming is simple, everyone calls it by Series X and Series S.

Microsoft next Xbox will be called Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S with the word below "Second Generation"
It's not confusing for you or me who are in a gaming forum. An echo chamber for more hardcore and gaming enthusiasts. You are seeing this through the wrong perspective, we need to take the layman approach and you'll see how much people that aren't into gaming can get confused about console generations when the machines play mostly the same games, disregarding their performances and exclusive features. The normal consumer can't still see the console generational jump as they accept with other electronics that get annual revisions. Of course, that notion is changing as the younger audience starts to be more relevant to the market and become the average consumer, but it takes some time for that transition.

MS missed an opportunity to name the Series X, Installation 004 after the Halo ring in combat evolved. Would have had double meaning with this being xbox's 4th generation. But MS insists on coming up with the most arbitrary and pointless naming conventions lol.

Xbox Series neXt

tenor.gif
Unrelated but I love regular show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom