• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will the next Xbox Series X be named?

What will the next more powerful Xbox Series X console be named?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

The naming of the new generation of Xbox consoles is "Xbox Series". But what will the mid-gen refreshes be named? I gotta admit I am very curious what the fuck they're gonna do for names going forward. (We already know Sony will do PS5 slim/Pro.) They went from Xbox One to Xbox One X/S. Now they have Xbox Series X/S. What name will Xbox use next for their equivalent of a PS5 Pro? Its also unclear if they would make a more powerful Series S, or just do a Series S slim model, or just leave that one as is. I wonder how many SKUs they will want to create for developers to have to support? Will they stop at 3 for the gen? Or would they go to 4 by creating a more powerful version of the Series S as well? Will they stick with X/S or use new letters too? Lotta questions.

An "Xbox Series X Elite" could make sense for a more powerful new console.

They use the Elite name for the Xbox Elite controller currently! and there was an Xbox 360 Elite in the past as well.

My bet is:
$500/600 - Xbox Series X Elite
$400/500 - Xbox Series X (slim or maybe digital only)
$250/300 - Xbox Series S

Here are some ideas for the mid gen refresh naming scheme and thus the entire generation lineup:

- Xbox Series X Elite, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X/S (2nd gen), Xbox Series X/S (1st gen)
- Xbox Series X/S (2023/24 edition), Xbox Series X/S (2020 edition)
- Xbox Series 2 X/S, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series II X/S, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X/S 2, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X Pro, Xbox Series S slim, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series Y/V, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series XX/SS, Xbox Series X/S

Lots of weird possibilities for naming this gen of xbox lol.

VAVA Mk2

The naming of the new generation of Xbox consoles is "Xbox Series". But what will the mid-gen refreshes be named? I gotta admit I am very curious what the fuck they're gonna do for names going forward. (We already know Sony will do PS5 slim/Pro.) They went from Xbox One to Xbox One X/S. Now they have Xbox Series X/S. What name will Xbox use next for their equivalent of a PS5 Pro? Its also unclear if they would make a more powerful Series S, or just do a Series S slim model, or just leave that one as is. I wonder how many SKUs they will want to create for developers to have to support? Will they stop at 3 for the gen? Or would they go to 4 by creating a more powerful version of the Series S as well? Will they stick with X/S or use new letters too? Lotta questions.

An "Xbox Series X Elite" could make sense for a more powerful new console.

They use the Elite name for the Xbox Elite controller currently! and there was an Xbox 360 Elite in the past as well.

My bet is:
$500/600 - Xbox Series X Elite
$400/500 - Xbox Series X (slim or maybe digital only)
$250/300 - Xbox Series S

Here are some ideas for the mid gen refresh naming scheme and thus the entire generation lineup:

- Xbox Series X Elite, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X/S (2nd gen), Xbox Series X/S (1st gen)
- Xbox Series X/S (2023/24 edition), Xbox Series X/S (2020 edition)
- Xbox Series 2 X/S, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series II X/S, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X/S 2, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X Pro, Xbox Series S slim, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series Y/V, Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series XX/SS, Xbox Series X/S

Lots of weird possibilities for naming this gen of xbox lol.
XBox Series X One X

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Xbox

Or something

They just shot themselves in the foot with the naming.

Kenpachii

MV5BNzZjZmM1ZDctNDhlZi00Mzk1LWFjNWItYzIxNGY2OWYzYjJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

CeeJay

At this point, who the fuck knows! Xbox naming convention has been screwed since the Xbox360 onwards. Whatever they choose is going to be stupid. Maybe they go roman numerals and the next is Xbox Series XI

LimanimaPT

I don't know, but I bet is probably some senseless shit.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox series S
Xbox series X
Xbox (insert random word)

So logical and user friendly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom