• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were the movies you watched in theatres that made you sit all the way through with no bathroom breaks?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Who shells out the money to go see a movie in a theater only to miss 5 minutes of the movie to take a piss? Have never done it.

Last edited:
I go to the movies about twice per week, and I have never taken a bathroom break.

Stop drinking two hours beforehand, go to the bathroom before the movie starts, problem solved.

T.v

Your movies don't have a halfway break to go to the toilet or shop for food and drinks?

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Your movies don't have a halfway break to go to the toilet or shop for food and drinks?
In Australia they don’t. I do wish they did though for some fresh popcorn and a drink.

I don’t pee during the movies but I also minimise my water intake during the movie to a single bottle.

KrakenIPA

I think I've said it too many times, Christopher Nolan owes me money for pain and suffering for the lengthy add-ons to the ending of The Dark Knight. I swear there was permanent damage.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
One of the many reasons I don't go to theatres anymore. I have a 55" 4k television
The Kid Mero Wow GIF by Desus & Mero

Mihos

Gold Member
I have a 50+ year old prostate, a large Iccee, and made it all the way through a 3 hour Avatar movie based almost entirely in water with no breaks.

Dark Star

I always use the restroom before the movie

I have walked out of movies before because they sucked and I needed a break. Transformers dark of the moon or whatever it was called comes to mind

Inception and Mad Max: Fury Road. I was just so immersed in it and there wasn't really a moment where I felt as though I could afford to miss.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Feels like some weird flex thread about OP watching his first foreign movie. Can't make much sense of it otherwise.

Batiman

Banned
I’ve went out to piss in the middle of exciting movies just because holding it ruins my experience. That isn’t the norm though. Most movies o sit through fully

I’ve went out to piss in the middle of exciting movies just because holding it ruins my experience. That isn’t the norm though. Most movies o sit through fully
I suffer from overactive bladder syndrome so naturally I miss around 5-10 minutes by pissing like a sailor in the bathroom.

ahtlas7

I hate going to the bathroom during a movie.
As soon as I take my eyes off the screen I‘m instantly blind, then stumble out the theater where my eyes are smacked by the light, take the leak, then plunged back to even darker darkness (because my eyes adjusted for the light) where I’m now like an idiot fumbling about to find my seat. And I always sit dead center or I don’t go to the theater so I have to disturb everyone in the isle.
Nah, best to go easy on that big gulp.

Billbofet

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are kids' movies I have faked taking a bio break during just to escape the movie and walk around the lobby. I'm looking at you Minions anything, Life of Pets, and Arthur Christmas. The last Jurassic Park movie my son and I both did this.

Quasicat

I would say last weekend at the Super Mario Movie. Before that…it’s been a very long time since I saw a movie in the theaters…like decades ago. When I was younger and went to the theater all of the time, I went to my local theater that only had a single screen. It was nice since they would pump the audio into the restroom so you really didn’t miss anything.

Soosa

Banned
I have seen maybe 200-500 movies in theater since 80's and never had to use toilet.

And it is super rare that anybody leaves, maybe 1/20 movies someone leaves and comes back?

On this year alone I have seen ~20 movies already.

What a weird question, is this a cultular thing? US with HUGE drinks etc?

Last edited:
Top Bottom