• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were the 5 best games for the PlayStation 3 ?

Tschumi

why the hell would I play anything else on a PS3 lol... it's bad enough that all of the ones listed above are still stuck on that POS of a system
yeah a 20-30fps refresh rate that never was even remotely was stable is mindblowing! also that awful TAA! amazing!

my mind is so blown

I can't believe I'm going to say something positive about Halo 4, but Halo 4 looked better and ran way better than this.
now excuse me while I wash out my mouth with soap after saying this... fuck Halo 4 btw.

I wonder if the Mod's 'cute' detector is gonna pick up on ur console warring here

Last edited:

NewYork214

No particular order. I'm sure my list would change if I gave this more then 5 minutes of thought. So many good ps3 games.

God of war 3, kill zone 2, mass effect 2, resistance 2 (especially the co-op mode), dead space

Edit: fuckkkkk last of us should be on there

Last edited:

Cornbread78

So does that mean they will update Gears 5 and Tactic to Unreal 5. That would be amazing! Also lol didn't the fanboys of Sony claim that Unreal Engine 5 works on PS5 lol?

We getting a western release of this?

They should do an offline version of final fantasy 11 and eventually 14

1. Afrika
2. Aquanaut's Holiday
3. Folklore
4. White Knight Chronicles
5. Lair

It's not about sales or critic accolades. It's about *panache* and swagger.

Demon souls
The last of us
Nier
Metal Gear solid IV
Folklore

7c6.jpg

Also Tokyo Jungle and Puppeter

A man of Culture!

White Knight Chronicles love warms my icy heart!

1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots. The absolute pinnacle in the MGS franchise in my opinion.
2. The Last Of US. Should this be a surprise to anyone??
3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. (This game is actually in my top 5 of all time favorite games period)
4.Warhawk. Warhawk was an multiplayer-only game that was crazy addictive. A game that combined air and ground combat at the same time was crazy fun.
5. Infamous. Infamous was a great fun open world/sandbox action adventure game.

Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Everybody's Golf 6
Gran Turismo 5
Motorstorm

That's for exclusives (in that gen, anyway, obviously Yakuza is now on Xbox).

Artistic

PS3/Playstation in general is strictly a exclusive machine for me, so...

MGS4
TLoU
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Resistance: Fall of Man

Artistic

yeah a 20-30fps refresh rate that never was even remotely was stable is mindblowing! also that awful TAA! amazing!

my mind is so blown

I can't believe I'm going to say something positive about Halo 4, but Halo 4 looked better and ran way better than this.
now excuse me while I wash out my mouth with soap after saying this... fuck Halo 4 btw.

Never really noticed any performance issues when playing it.

The part about Halo 4 is completely untrue as well, at least graphics wise.

Last edited:
Dark Souls
TLOU
Bioshock Infinite
Uncharted 2
Portal 2

If only considering PS exclusives, Killzone 2 and GOW3 make my list. Then I’m quite torn between Uncharted 3 (still doesn’t get enough recognition for its MP) and Dragon’s Crown.

cireza

Banned
Initial D
After Burner Climax
Outrun Online Arcade
Virtua Fighter 5
Bleach

Last edited:

nordique

My fav PS3 exclusives:

1) The Last of Us
2) God of War 3
3) Metal Gear Solid 4
4) Uncharted 2
5) Uncharted 3

honourable mention to GoW Ascension, the R&C future trilogy, Resistance trilogy, UC1, and KZ2/3

Last edited:

skit_data

1.TLOU
2. Dark Souls
3. GT6
4. GoW3
5. Bioshock

Edit: In hindsight, i could swap Dark Souls with Demon’s Souls but I played it later so DS1 is still the one i associate more with PS3.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

• Metal Gear Solid 4 :Guns of the Patriots
  • God of War III
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Last of Us
  • Red Dead Redemption
Honorable Mentions: Gran Theft Auto V, Dark Souls, Uncharted 2

N30RYU

First party:
KILLZONE 2
UNCHARTED 2
WHITE KNIGHT CHRONICLES
LAST OF US
GOD OF WAR 3

Third party
BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM
PERSONA 5
MASS EFFECT 2
GTA5
DEAD SPACE series

Last edited:
FPS
RE The Darkside Chronicles
Killzone 2
Resistence
BF BC2
BF3

3rd PS
Assassin's Creed
The Last of Us
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil 5 "biggest RE game , don't care about naysayers"
God of War 3
MGS IV "I know but I can't compromise the list"

HBx2000

1 - Uncharted 2
2 - God of War 3
3 - Killzone 2
4 - Resistance 3
5 - The Last of Us

Honorable Mention:
Heavenly Sword

Last edited:

Eimran

1) Batman Arkham City: game was just perfect. Great story, you felt like an unstoppable machine as Batman yet did the game still punish you if you didn't keep your guard up. The doctor freeze battle is still the best boss battle I ever played.
2) Grand Theft Auto 5: let me assure you that this is now my most hated game because of rockstar milking it on all four. Yet when it released. The graphics were superb, the city was huge yet had no deserted places. Around every corner was some kind of activity, the story was decent and Trevor Philips was awesome.
3) Uncharted 2. That game was just perfection. Graphics were unbelievable, game-play was Kickass, even the multiplayer was awesome (600+ hours) because it wasn't noob friendly like the other MP games nowadays. Only skill required
4) Red Deze Redemption: I actually didn't notice this two weeks until it released. Pleasant surprise. Played it for weeks. Games like this and GTA V proved that Rockstar is still the king in open world games.
5) Ni no kuni. Filled the empty hole of no Dragon Quest game on Playstation.

Honorable mentions: BioShock 2, Sleeping Dogs, Bulletstorm, Max Payne 3, Assassin's Creed 2 and Black Flag, Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2, The darkness 2, The Saboteur, Skyrim...

Last edited:

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Mentioning only 5 is a bit of a challenge but I'll try:

1. Bioshock
2. Dark Souls
3. Dishonored
4. Resident Evil 5
5. The Orange Box

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Call of Duty 4
Ultra Street Fighter IV

Those were my personal favourites for that gen

Kokoloko85

1. Demon Souls
2. Uncharted 2
3. MGS 4
4. The Last of US

5. God of War 3 or Pick one:
Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, infamous 2, Killzone 2 etc

Personally I love Tokyo Jungle and Folklore

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So many with MSG4 in their lists, I have to agree Kojima has never again hit the same heights he managed to get in that game.

Truly only someone with 250 IQ can appreciate the meta commentary of this scene where a character huffs his own farts while inside a barrel. Kojima knows his fanbase which is why Johnny features so prominently throughout MGS4 to allow the player to self insert into a character they can relate to.

Last edited:

Kerotan

TLOU, UNCHARTED 2, GTA V, MGS4, GOW3.

Honourable mentions, motorstorm, resistance, resistance 2, uncharted, uncharted 3, gta 4, call of duty 4, mw2, black ops 1, battlefield 3, battlefield 4, killzone 2 and 3.

TLOU was really damn good. what a way to end the PS3 generation. shame about what happened with TLOU2 though.

Have to say GTAV but It's crazy to think that it was originally a PS3 game and here we are waiting for the PS5 version 8 years later...

Demon's Souls is also a good choice. That game was so damn good and without it we wouldn't have Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, or Elden Ring.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
- Demon's Souls
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- The Last of Us
- Warhawk
- Final Fantasy XIII-2

Excellent generation. Fuck me.

It had the best console version of Portal 2.
portal 2 and console lol. i remember buying the PS3 version and i got it free on Steam. that was probably the point that i started to ditch consoles and move to PC. feels weird to think that i bought it on console. anyway, it's such a fantastic game that holds up well today.

1 - The Last of Us
2 - Red Dead Redemption
3 - Uncharted 2: A Thief's End
4 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5 - God of War III

TrueLegend

1. God of War III
2. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
4. Arkham City
5. Hitman Absolution

Ozrimandias

5 Exclusives?

- The Last of Us
- Uncharted 2
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Killzone 2
- God of War 3

5 Not exclusives?
Change Killzone 2 and GOW 3 for Red Dead Redemption and Deus ex HR instead

Honorable mention: Siren Blood Curse (Sooo underrated)

GrayFoxPL

Too many to mention:

Best Fighters:

Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 5
Soul Calibur 4
Street Fighter 4
Mortal Kombat 9

Best action adventure:

Infamous
Uncharted 2
GOW 3
Tomb Raider Underworld
Prototype

Best racers

Ridge Racer 7
Sega Rally Revo
Outrun 2 Online
Motorstorm
Sega & Sonic All Star Racing

Best no category

Demon's Souls
Ashura's Wrath
Tokyo Jungle
Shadows of the Damned
Yakuza: Dead Souls

There are so many great titles, it's not possible to stop. My favorite console generation.

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

ANIMAL1975

Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Uncharted
Bioshock
The Last of Us

The first two are undisputed because of the thousands of hours of addiction in the multiplayer and the several enjoyed runs to achieve the platinums (particularly the co-op ones with my son) _ which i didn't achieved by the end because of secret trophies that didn't bother to look up, the trophy sistem never clicked in me.
The other three nominated in the list could be in any other position and i had to say it because it was really difficult to put them like that _ They are all number three to me... In the end they are all number one and others could be there to, that's how much they impacted and delighted me as a gamer.

Top Bottom