• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is Capcom smoking ? Resident Evil Re:Verse - Teaser Trailer

My wife kind of wants to try it, but we'd have both been much happier if it had been a PvE horde mode like Mercenaries.

Nothing like fast paced, competitive multiplayer, with no enemies, that's the complete antithesis of everything people like about Resident Evil, as a means to celebrate 25 years of Resident Evil.

Last edited:
Jesus, Ghost of Tsushima gave you the blueprint for fun and engaging mp and ME3 even further back. Who the hell wants PVP in RE? Capcom are so fucking stupid.

A+ op with the Sweet Dee and Artemis gif.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Remake is planned other time.
Now we get a good game re8 and a bunch of shit for other players who like that. no harm

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
HEY LOOKS GUISE I MADE THIS AWSOME CARTOON CELLSHADE FILTER IN RESHADE YOU LIKE IT????

giphy.gif

Aranea

It's a side project for a different crowd. Not sure what's the problem when the fanbase is still receiving the main titles with a bigger budget and time put on it. I swear the RE fanbase is extremely entitled and this comes from someone whose been following this franchise since forever.

Last but not least, Capcom won't talk about RE 4 remake until RE Village is out. There's a reason why they were silent about RE 2 remake when RE 7 was being promoted even though RE 2 remake was already officially announced.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My wife kind of wants to try it, but we'd have both been much happier if it had been a PvE horde mode like Mercenaries.

Nothing like fast paced, competitive multiplayer, with no enemies, that's the complete antithesis of everything people like about Resident Evil, as a means to celebrate 25 years of Resident Evil.
I hope you both played tons of raid mode!
i was looking forward to a new raid mode too :(

skneogaf

The only multiplayer resident evil I want is : PVE - 5 player drop in to raccoon city and last man standing gets the last place on a helicopter 🚁 out of there.

Aidah

Eh, I'll give it a try. Could be a bit of fun with that many RE characters.
Also, of course I wasn't expecting RE4 Remake, and I think it would have been stupid to talk about it.

Last edited:

ksdixon

I'm getting confused by all these MP games...

Can anyone explain the difference between Mercenaries and RE Rev1/Rev2/RE6 Raid Modes?

At least you can say REsistence is RE Dead By Daylight, just what is RE:Verse supposed to be? Or what was Umbrella Corps supposed to be?

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Remember when RE made a semi popular online coop mode called mercenaries and then sold an entire game around it, which because mercenaries was fun actually worked.

4 player online mercenaries... YOUR WELCOME CAPCOM! now stop with this shit as you try to force PvP into a series build around single player and fighting AI monsters, not people.

ksdixon

Looking at that Division 2 skin pack...

Wouldn't "that" do well? RE skin pack over the top of a 4man fireteam, entering into different missions based on iconic locations from the games entire series?

Just say it's umbrella running simulations from all the times they've deployed bio weapons to collect "combat data", or something. or is that what Umbrella Corp's story was?

Resident Evil 4 remake is still coming. It was already leaked by the Capcom hacks.

They were not going to show it here and overshadow the purpose if the show - Village.

Fbh

Weird that they keep trying to push a RE multiplayer.
They've tried multiple times already and every time it either completely sucks or at best isn't good enough to sustain an active player base for long.

And yet they still go:
fNKT6JD.jpg

This looked so terrible. And not just the part where this isn't at all what I want from the RE series or was hoping for from the showcase yesterday. Beyond all of that, it looks like a really bad video game.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Looks pretty dumb but at the same time it's nice of Capcom to release a mode like that for free. That being said, I'd rather have Capcom just save themselves the money and resources. Invest it into other things.

Who knows, it might be a total blast? I thought Resistance was neat but man, it was so unbalanced. I've downloaded all the updates but haven't tried it since May. Hopefully Re: Verse has a better launch.

MiguelItUp

I also want to add that I think it's weird that it's a "celebration" of RE's 25th anniversary. But we don't see an original Tyrant, Wesker, or other iconic characters. I suppose they plan to add more down the road? Hopefully free if anything...

Last edited:
Sooooooo what's the difference? What's there to be angry about?
I agree. I and i doubt most others, are buying this because they expected or were hoping for mplayer. I buy resident evil for the single player story driven zombie(Action Horror) experience. Although i would personally think they would have been better off putting that development time and resource towards just making sure RE village is tip top and not wasting time on something this half baked and awful looking lol. otherwise, like you said it's free.

MiguelItUp

the sad fact is that there is probably more audience asking for this crap than for VR
On various forums, Twitter, etc. I don't think I've ever seen people legit asking for it. Closest thing is people asking for a new Outbreak or something identical to it. I think I've seen more people wishing RE7 had VR on PC, and wanting it for RE8.

But it appears Capcom and the RE team just have their hands over their eyes and ears and are making what they think the community and fan base wants. 🤷‍♂️

I'll never forget working at PAX and seeing Umbrella Corps (never heard about it up until that point) and I was like, "WTF IS this?! Who asked for this?!" Lmao.

These multiplayer games have to be like, training projects for new staff or something, and they just decide to release the things because why not? Otherwise I have no idea what would possibly give them the idea that people want to play these multiplayer deathmatch games.

PvE though hell yes, give me more Raid mode.

Animagic

Banned
Expecting RE:4 Remake? Mmmmh, how about some multiplayer as a "thank you to fans" by Capcom ?

unknown.png

This online multiplayer title was created as a thank you to fans for the 25th anniversary of the Resident Evil series.
Available to purchasers of Resident Evil Village, it features beloved Resident Evil characters as they clash in six-person deathmatches.
PC, PS5, PS4, Series X/S, XOne and probably Gameboy Color

Wash your eyes here

2.png
1.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Sick It'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

george costanza no GIF

wow. I can’t imagine a worse-looking concept for a resident evil game. Maybe resident evil kart racing haha

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The saddest part in all of this is Capcom willing to invest on crappy RE MP that most people don't want rather than try to bring Great Ace Attorney to west.
QvI7.gif

You would think they would added a randomised online co-op mode like outbreak which people would play. Instead this crappy pvp or 4v1 shit.
It even some battle Royle with zombies

Top Bottom