• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the hell is Capcom smoking ? Resident Evil Re:Verse - Teaser Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Expecting RE:4 Remake? Mmmmh, how about some multiplayer as a "thank you to fans" by Capcom ?

unknown.png

This online multiplayer title was created as a thank you to fans for the 25th anniversary of the Resident Evil series.
Available to purchasers of Resident Evil Village, it features beloved Resident Evil characters as they clash in six-person deathmatches.
PC, PS5, PS4, Series X/S, XOne and probably Gameboy Color

Wash your eyes here

2.png
1.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Sick It'S Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It's so fucking bizarre. I don't know how many times they plan on trying to force PVP into Resident Evil, fans don't really want this. I mean hell, dumb fun is dumb fun, but this is... Ugh.

Also, who the hell thought the art style made ANY sense? It's some weird cel-shaded comic book style? How does that make any sense with Resident Evil? Lmao.

I feel like the support for this will die out sooner than Resistance did.

But knows! Maybe it could be stupid fun? I just have so many questions, lol.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Sooooooo what's the difference? What's there to be angry about?
It's just stupid marketing that's all. Nobody looks at seperate modes in other games as "free" content. They're simply seperate modes.

And who's angry? People are simply saying they don't think the mode looks any good. Are people not allowed to voice their displeasure with what was shown?

Last edited:
Why so negative, looks interesting, kinda crazy and who knows, maybe fun. Graphic style is ok so as to make a distinction from RE8 realism style. It’s all good.

Looks interesting? It looks like resident evil characters awkwardly running around maps and shooting at each other. It looks like something you'd see on ps2. To be fair the game could have much ore to it than what's shown I guess?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Capcom really don't know what to do with Resident Evil anymore or why fans cherished it in the first place. If you made a HD GAAS version of Mercs it would have had a massive praise worthy buzz around it.

Capcom could have just re-released the original trilogy with improved compatibility and achievements/trophies for the 25th anniversary. People would love it. WTF were they thinking?

Reizo Ryuu

If you made a HD GAAS version of Mercs it would have had a massive praise worthy buzz around it.
I was actually hoping for mercenaries reunion ultimate....or even an improved version of resistance.
It makes no sense to abandon resistance so quickly, so I feel like the mp team is just creating whatever concepts they have lying around, gathering feedback and then creating the most amazing RE MP based on all the data.
allow me to have dreams

Toaster man

Neo Member
Could have made cleaned up high resolution versions of the original PlayStation trilogy for less money. That would have been the way to celebrate the 25th anniversary in style.

RE:verse almost looks like it’s trying to appeal to kids or the fortnite crowd. Strange it’s not free to play outside of buying village.

Smokeberry

Neo Member
I'm happy about this.
I'm not really too bothered about PVP so it pleases me to see how little resources they have put into this. I can rest assured that Capcom haven't sacrificed the main game at the expense of RE:verse.
It could be good but typically these things end up feeling like a tacked on after thought.
For me their side games peaked with Mercenaries.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Looks like a misuse of resources. But then again, it also looks like it's made by three interns and some guy's uncle who is the janitor at Capcom so I guess it's no big loss.

Top Bottom