• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What should Microsoft do with Bethesda IPs

HE1NZ

Banned
Throw your ideas.

I want Fallout 1+2 Remastered in a manner C&C Remastered was done.
Fallout permanently taken away from Todd and given to any other dev (Obsidian, InXile, Arkane or another studio). F4 formula abandoned into something more fitting of a Fallout brand.
id Software answers to Phil.
Quake V announced, single player focused.
Prey 2 finished
Wolfenstein 2009 rerelease
Terminator Future Shock & Skynet rerelease.

xe1PkFh.jpg

MrS

Banned
Bench DOOM after that piece of shit Eternal and get id working on a true horror FPS in the form of a Quake remake/reboot.

Make The Evil Within 3 and make it more like the first game than number 2.

Fix fallout, shitcan 76 and put Obsidian on F5.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
A brand new engine for all Bethesda Game Studios titles.

The Evil Within 3.

Quake V (a reboot/remake of Q1 would also suffice).

Shrap

They should scrap the terrible engine they're using.
This. Get Bethesda some actual programming talent.

As others have said - a proper new Quake game would be huge. It'd be awesome if they brought back the lovecraftian/medieval stuff from the first game but even sci-fi Quake would be fine with me.

HE1NZ

Banned
This. Get Bethesda some actual programming talent.

As others have said - a proper new Quake game would be huge. It'd be awesome if they brought back the lovecraftian/medieval stuff from the first game but even sci-fi Quake would be fine with me.
Announce it during E3 with an animatronic shambler unleashing on stage.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
reselling old games seems to be the plan. they just go ahead and do that. get ready to pay $60 for another version of Skyrim.

Last edited:

jakinov

Franchise IP is nice and all but I think it's the IP in the broad traditional sense that's going to be interesting. I think that Microsoft is going to benefit a lot more if they take advantage of all the tech the different studios are creating. For a software/technology company, Mcirosoft game studios lack studios with technical prowess in game development. A lot of these studios have in-house engines with their strength and weaknesses. If Xbox game studios collaborate the same way Sony studios with the sharing between studios and an overall team designed to help all other studios. We have the chance of seeing more technically impressive games, games being created faster and potentially less dev problems related to technology. That I think is a bigger deal than Microsoft owning some franchise that only solid a few millions copies with heavy promotion.

Make a functional fucking game.
Christ. Bethesda have been shipping some absolute garbage recently.

DOOM and DOOM Eternal are about the only good pieces of software they've made.

Last edited:

kikonawa

Throw your ideas.

I want Fallout 1+2 Remastered in a manner C&C Remastered was done.
Fallout permanently taken away from Todd and given to any other dev (Obsidian, InXile, Arkane or another studio). F4 formula abandoned into something more fitting of a Fallout brand.
id Software answers to Phil.
Quake V announced, single player focused.
Prey 2 finished
Wolfenstein 2009 rerelease
Terminator Future Shock & Skynet rerelease.

xe1PkFh.jpg
i hope it doesnt go the way as with rare. bought for 400 million... result in `?

Top Bottom